Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Since changing to the T4 I've improved my track records at every track I've been to and this year managed to win my Clubs championship TQ'ing every round.

It's easily been the best car I've owned and I'm sure, when outside next year (weather is bound to ruin almost any chance before then) it will be great.

I just need to sort this lower grip carpet 'issue' and it will be fine.

Skiddins

P.S. Never really had any issue with the rear of the T4, are you sure you're not using too much steering lock etc and making it 'hook'
Old 10-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Since changing to the T4 I've improved my track records at every track I've been to and this year managed to win my Clubs championship TQ'ing every round.

It's easily been the best car I've owned and I'm sure, when outside next year (weather is bound to ruin almost any chance before then) it will be great.

Skiddins

P.S. Never really had any issue with the rear of the T4, are you sure you're not using too much steering lock etc and making it 'hook'
No not to much lock.

I think i raced you in the B final at Bedworth this year. Were you car 2 on the grid? If so I was Car 3.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
This isn't my idea, so I take no credit for it. But here's what's working fantastically well for me on the '14.

Use the ramp weight in the middle of the chassis, it spaces the battery out slightly more than the plastic nuts and gives a bit more clearance for the motor. Then, put the pinion on backwards. You can do this now that the motor screws are inset and don't interfere. Then, you can gain perfect access to the pinion grub screw through the cutout in the bottom of the chassis for the spur gear, not the hole they provide for the pinion screw. Also, I run my spur gear offset toward the motor side, which is different than the manual.
thanks I will try that . the other statement about it's the motor. I used the same motor on the T3 12 with no problem, but this sounds like it may work.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default missing hex, and stripped hex

anyone else as lucky as me?

Missing hex in the head

Stripped hex when trying to tighten

First xray kit i've built that wasnt 100%
Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn

Missing hex in the head

Its a known issue and I'm sure they will mdke it right. I had 2 hex's strip. One I just used an old screw and it fixed it. The other was a bad hole in the hex. Better then I have seen on some other brands having bad parts.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Its a known issue and I'm sure they will mdke it right. I had 2 hex's strip. One I just used an old screw and it fixed it. The other was a bad hole in the hex. Better then I have seen on some other brands having bad parts.
I had same issues, RC America hooked me up. Thanks RC.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Missing hex in the head

I was missing hexs on some ball links, and I had a hex with no hole drilled in the back part where the threads should be.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Look for the last baggie of parts. There should be another bag of "extra" screws and bits... Mine had an extra of this 1.5mm screw.

Snowy.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Look for the last baggie of parts. There should be another bag of "extra" screws and bits... Mine had an extra of this 1.5mm screw.

Snowy.
Weird, mine didn't.

It's all good, Paul is sending me replacements!

Kinda glad to hear I wasn't the only one
Old 10-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Weird, mine didn't.

It's all good, Paul is sending me replacements!

Kinda glad to hear I wasn't the only one
John, I think it might be the screws. I thought I stripped a hex, but when I found some old m2x5 screws in my box of random stuff, they tightened up just fine. Your car and my car were from the same batch. I guess Kody didn't pass on the message to be careful with the hexes.

What class are you going to run yours in? I can give you the setup I ran on Saturday, so you know what not to do. :P

Question for everyone: has anyone noticed that two of their shock bodies have an ever so slightly thicker (or thinner, depending on how you look at it) shoulder at the bottom of the cap threads? Both my '13 and '14 had two shocks with a slightly thicker shoulder.

-Mike
Old 10-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Use these for the Wheel Hexes ..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Cap-Screws-10

They fit perfect and are much better.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
John, I think it might be the screws. I thought I stripped a hex, but when I found some old m2x5 screws in my box of random stuff, they tightened up just fine. Your car and my car were from the same batch. I guess Kody didn't pass on the message to be careful with the hexes.

What class are you going to run yours in? I can give you the setup I ran on Saturday, so you know what not to do. :P

Question for everyone: has anyone noticed that two of their shock bodies have an ever so slightly thicker (or thinner, depending on how you look at it) shoulder at the bottom of the cap threads? Both my '13 and '14 had two shocks with a slightly thicker shoulder.

-Mike
Mod.

I use Paul's setups almost always, never let me down. If I want to drive maniac aggressively, then Hagbergs usually does the trick.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins

Skiddins

yeah, no matter what I did the car just seemed to push mid corner and the rear would break away quite viciously at times. You had a really good year with the T4 mate, and it always looked planted, my brother also had a really good year with his T4, as of course did Zak. I was actually pretty happy with my car at WLRC round of the clubmans. I am no way slagging the T4 off, but for me and especially at my home track the T3 2011 is a lot quicker, it just has more rear end grip, it doesn't push mid corner and has the worlds most amount of steering even with the locks turned down.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Got to see the new T4 up close car looks really good
Decisions decisions
Old 10-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Whats a general FDR for blinky 10.5?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.