Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traction sauce

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Default Traction sauce

Which traction sauce works for you guys? I use Jack the gripper, i've been told that jack the gripper gives a more even feel, but i wanna try tq traction sauce what do you guys prefer?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

At my local track, Paragon Ground Effects seems to be the most popular.

I've used many in the past, from Trinity, TQ, and Paragon. I've always went back to Paragon GFX. It soaks into the tires the quickest and provides that grip throught the race. TQ is a close second but it wore off for me during some races.
Paragon, although has a strong odor to it but it your track doesn't mind, then use it.

I think the best oderless traction compound would be Niftech although I've never used it.

Later.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by axel
Which traction sauce works for you guys? I use Jack the gripper, i've been told that jack the gripper gives a more even feel, but i wanna try tq traction sauce what do you guys prefer?
What kind of tires and track are you running on...rubber, foam, ashplat, carpet?

I like Jack the best on carpet with foams.
TQ blue is great on carpet with rubber.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

i use rubber for both carpet and asphalt. Ya i've hear dthe tq kinda fades sometimes, and is the paragon ground effects favor more rubber or foam?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Niftech the best, no need to wipe it off. It soaks in. apply 10 min. before you go out, and thats it!! Great traction (for foam) --Rubber I like TQ blue
Old 06-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

i, ve only used lrp blue factor top grip carpet
so i cant really compare it to anything
has anyone else used this on rubbers on carpet??
cheers gaz
Old 06-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

I ran rubbers for the first time this past weekend on a low grip bumpy & dirty asphalt track and I was pleasantly surprised how my tires & additive combination worked. I had bought the Trinity Death Grip combined pack a long time ago, but only used the tire cleaner to try to take out some Paragon FXII traction compound from my front foams that I've been running on carpet. The Death Grip pack includes foam traction compound, rubber traction compound & rubber tire cleaner.

So I naturally decided to save some money and finally use the rubber cleaner and traction compound on the CS27's up front and the CS22's on the rear. They worked great! Once the tires were broken in from the first run, and after cleaning and applying the compound before each additional run, they had almost immediate grip that lasted the entire run in track temp ranges from 85 to 110F. Without tire warmers as well.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

At SoCal I use paragon ground effects, its good stuff but its super smelly :-/. It really makes your tires cling to the ground.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

That's want i am looking for ...trying to get my car drive like if it were on rails. I guess i'll try th paragon ground effects, plus i love the smell paragon .
Old 06-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That's want i am looking for ...trying to get my car drive like if it were on rails. I guess i'll try th paragon ground effects, plus i love the smell paragon .
That is for SoCal...If the asphalt track you are racing on uses VHT don't bother with Paragon at all...Nifect works OK but wears off to quickly on asphalt. I use buggy grip to clean and tire tweak to soak...Let it soak(like 30-45min soak) and tires will be stuck...
-Stephen <><
Old 06-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

nah we usuallu use root beer also the track is getting pretty hot around here like 113-120, if that makes a difference.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

nah we usuallu use root beer also the track is getting pretty hot around here like 113-120, if that makes a difference.
What I posted also works elsewhere but with any asphalt traction addative (i.e. VHT, sugar water, root beer) I like Paragon on SoCal track though..
-Stephen <><
Old 06-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by macvolcom
At SoCal I use paragon ground effects, its good stuff but its super smelly :-/. It really makes your tires cling to the ground.
I tried the Paragon during two of my qualifiers on asphalt this weekend, but it seemed to pickup too much dirt & make the tires a little slick since the track was pretty dirty. I've found that to be the case whenever running way off line on our carpet as well. Takes a few corners to get it all off.

With just adding the Death Grip, the tires were very tacky, but didn't pickup enough dirt to make a difference after going off line. I ended up using the cleaner and rubber compound only before the main and I couldn't complain with the resulting grip.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by macvolcom
at socal thats all that works. due to there is so much of it in the asphault its self ( years of build up)
Old 06-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

some people say that having traction sauce for 30mins is too long and could make your tires greasy for the next run? I find this kinda true cause i'm always slipping in my first crucial laps. That's why i wipe them on for about 5-10mins., but what do you guy suggest? this applis to my jack the gripper, and the perosn who told me is fast so i believe him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.