Wiki Posts
Search

I can't make my mind up help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)
Default I can't make my mind up help?

I am up in the air on my next car tc car to buy! I am wanting either the VBC D06, Yokomo BD7, or the 417V5. I run 17.5 blinky class at my local track. I need som advice or help with the pros an cons of these cars.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

If you need the newest and the best, the trf418 is coming out soon... Otherwise the 417 is a great car. Tamiya has been good to me.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

4 tech, last for ever!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not a guy that needs the newest TC. But i do feel like my car is some what out dated compared to what others have. I do want to try the V5 or the BD7.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The VBC Wildfire D06 is a very good car. I haven't personally driven it, but I've seen what it does in the hands of several drivers here in the northwest (granted, they're all very good), both on asphalt and carpet. It is smooth and fast. The way it carries speed through corners without getting upset is amazing. The car builds easy, with everything fitting like it should. And IMO it's pretty stylish. It also has some clever features like the way the belt tension adjusts, and the groove in shock pistons.

It may not be faster than those other two options, but it's not slower, and when you factor in price, there's not really any comparison.

-Mike
Old 09-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by racer034life
I'm not a guy that needs the newest TC. But i do feel like my car is some what out dated compared to what others have. I do want to try the V5 or the BD7.
I am running a D06 now. I like it as it is very solid and durable even running with 4.5T with turbo in mod class. The other 2 cars I donot have but tried my friend's. The 417 feel good driving but it seems to require a bit more maintenance. The BD7 I donot really like it as it feel very........ nervous to me. Maybe it is only the setup for the car I tried..... And the parts for yok is very very expensive.................. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I've said this before, but the VBC Racing Wildfire D06 has been nothing short of amazing. The car builds very easily, there is a lot of attention to detail down to their very own VBC Racing screws and the car is ballistic fast.

I own both the Wildfire D05 and the new D06 and the D06 is more stable, has more grip and carries even more speed in the corners.

The Wildfire is just an all around great car that is every bit as good as better than the other cars mentioned + they have high quality parts that don't break the bank!

Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Will the 417v5 is a nice but im a weekend warrior so i cant do a car that needs all my attention.The D06 i may have to look more into this chassis.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It would be nice to have you. There are a lot of passionate owners of the VBC cars and all of the VBC cars are absolute beasts on the track.

If you need anything, let us know.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i just picked up a TRF417 V5... best car i have touched and built... havent taken it out.. i will this coming Saturday.

only other car in the market that i would consider besided my TRF is a Awesomatix A700 - They are very nice machines and might even be better than a 417, not sure tho.

I will say that you are going to get mixed opinions from different people.

From what I was told by most top notch racers from where i go:

Most cars that you will get around 400-550 range is comparable.. some have the advantages over the others.

but when you are looking at the $700 worth ones, there is a reason why they are that expensive. After building a 417v5 i feel that i am spoiled with the engineering of TRF's...
Durability wise tho I was told that Tamiyas are not on the top of the list...
But if you dont crash a whole lot then that doesnt matter.

Im fairly new to racing... but i have built a lot of kits... TRF417v5 might not necessarily be the best car for my experience
but i got it for a steal so i had to jump on it... I got it for 480.00 shipped BNIB.

i see them on ebay sometimes for 550 shipped BNIB. but only sometimes...

i also noticed that you have T6c.1 on your signature... i had one too and it was great car for me tp learn driving... if i just drive i could get around te track without hitting the walls. However right now i am teaching myself to take corners really tight.. as a result i crash a lot... lol. So with the TRF i might have to take it easy.

if you end up with a V5, i will say you wont regret it.. especially coming from a TC6.1

by examinig different cars:

xray, tc6.1, schumacher, BD7 and most touring cars less than $600.00 ...the technology used is very similar...

TRF and Awesomatix has a ton more aluminum, spacers, shims, adjustments. etc... different technology used. not necessarily better...

also I was told that when Atsushi Hara parted with Hot Bodies... the car he got was a TRF... i wonder why

Good luck sir!

Last edited by -jacob-; 09-28-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

ergh...fanboys.

From a non sponsored, non fanboy approach heres the deal

all the kits..are extremely similar, so similar in fact, you may as well pick whatever name sounds nicest in your head and what colour you like your anodizing because thats what you are getting, each model has its subtle differences, MI5 for example has its long top deck design and all carbon wishbones etc, the awesomatix is shaft driven.

All these kits..all of em all the high end stuff is in the same price range, pick whatever one you like the look of..and enjoy it because none of these cars in reality are any slower than the other.

The whole Hara thing, do you blame him? he went from a TCXX which is to be honest now outdated to a 417...

So anyway, pick a car, buy it..enjoy it.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:33 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Atsushi Hara brought the TRF just to races one weekend ..I heard he's running something elses..
Old 09-28-2013, 12:38 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

[QUOTE=PurcyP;12585441]ergh...fanboys.

because none of these cars in reality are any slower than the other.

Not slower..they are difference ,depending on the what track..
Old 09-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=OVA;12585458]
Originally Posted by PurcyP
ergh...fanboys.

because none of these cars in reality are any slower than the other.

Not slower..they are difference ,depending on the what track..
90% driver 10% kit

yea one kit may have more steering than the other, or more grip on carpet than the other but having a mi5 or a 417 or a bd7, unless you are some pro, you wont tell the difference, nor will you care because you are meant to be having fun

am i right.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Atsushi Hara brought the TRF just to races one weekend ..I heard he's running something elses..
Hara is currently testing the VBC Wildfire D06; we have an article about it on our site.

Yes, a lot of cars may appear somewhat similar, but their suspension geometries are quite different, which really changes the feel and handling characteristics of these cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.