Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1 >

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Like Tree32Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Old 01-24-2014, 03:50 AM
  #646  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Just ribbing you Howard, they are beautiful cars though.

$910.00 for the A700 EVO I think, so you could buy LM's for your 5+ best friends.

Should have a good amount of LeMans cars this weekend for Madison's Carpet Challenge. I'll take a picture if I remember, some of the guys are far better at painting than myself. Perry (Howler) has painted the wheels flat black for some of his schemes - looks awesome!
celt is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 08:04 AM
  #647  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,256
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by celt View Post
Just ribbing you Howard, they are beautiful cars though.

$910.00 for the A700 EVO I think, so you could buy LM's for your 5+ best friends.

Should have a good amount of LeMans cars this weekend for Madison's Carpet Challenge. I'll take a picture if I remember, some of the guys are far better at painting than myself. Perry (Howler) has painted the wheels flat black for some of his schemes - looks awesome!
I know Eric Whiteside will represent from IL and he will has a new body for it....please take alot of pictures and post here. And video.

There is one major reason I know I am slow....(well, I am sLOw in general no matter what...) with the good looking body and detailed paint job, it will be slow....my goal last week was trying to touch the board once, I ended up touching the wall like 3 times and got flipped couple times...alot more then what I want but the body still look like 95% new...some shoe-glue reinforcing is a must. But I think my next race, I will try to trash this body so I can go FAST again...no more holding back.

The good looking body does hold me back alot....on almost every corner I am willing to let other ppl pass me so they won't try to overtake me and touch my body...that ain't going to happen again, I will need a race and trash ready body now.
Solara is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 10:04 AM
  #648  
Tech Fanatic
 
Howler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wi
Posts: 882
Default

I agree on the body Solara. Gotta just dive in and enjoy the fact that the body looked good before one run, at least for me, lol. That black Audi r18 I did a week ago looks a bit rough already. I think it's just a fact that the first body on this car is marked for death before it's even run. No other way to tun the car than to push the heck out of it and take the lumps.
Howler is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 01:37 PM
  #649  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Howler View Post
I agree on the body Solara. Gotta just dive in and enjoy the fact that the body looked good before one run, at least for me, lol. That black Audi r18 I did a week ago looks a bit rough already. I think it's just a fact that the first body on this car is marked for death before it's even run. No other way to tun the car than to push the heck out of it and take the lumps.
Ya need a racer and a show body that's all.
celt is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 05:22 PM
  #650  
Tech Fanatic
 
Howler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wi
Posts: 882
Default

LOL, Davin told me that last week. Agreed. Bringing your Racing/Display body tomorrow to the Marcca Carpet Challenge, lol. Should be an awesome time!
Howler is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 05:54 PM
  #651  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I know Eric Whiteside will represent from IL and he will has a new body for it....please take alot of pictures and post here. And video.

That WAS the plan until the Boss and the help both got sick.
ercwhtsd is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:12 PM
  #652  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
That WAS the plan until the Boss and the help both got sick.
That's no fun Eric, hope everyone feels better soon. We'll come down by you when we can.
celt is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:20 PM
  #653  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
trackdesigner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lynchburg/Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 5,424
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Post videos of the racing if you can...
trackdesigner71 is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 07:01 PM
  #654  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,044
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw5dPi_euz4



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eGPQF12as8
robk is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 07:06 PM
  #655  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
trackdesigner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lynchburg/Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 5,424
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I meant from the MARCCA event but those are nice to have too
trackdesigner71 is offline  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:27 PM
  #656  
Tech Fanatic
 
Howler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wi
Posts: 882
Default

Yet another LM1 body finished from the Skunkworks. This one was painted for 4m member "Celt". Hope ya like it man. I also included a shot of the LM1s that were running at the Marcca Carpet Challenge race from yesterday.






Marcca Carpet Challenge-


Howler is offline  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:55 PM
  #657  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Howler View Post
Marcca Carpet Challenge-

THOSE are what racing cars are SUPPOSED to look like!
howardcano is offline  
Old 01-26-2014, 02:26 PM
  #658  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Howler View Post
Yet another LM1 body finished from the Skunkworks. This one was painted for 4m member "Celt". Hope ya like it man. I also included a shot of the LM1s that were running at the Marcca Carpet Challenge race from yesterday.
I dig it a ton Howler, so much so, I'll keep wheeling my dreamsicle ride that looks like my kid sister painted it.
celt is offline  
Old 01-26-2014, 04:12 PM
  #659  
Tech Fanatic
 
Howler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wi
Posts: 882
Default

I told you that was a runner.
Howler is offline  
Old 01-26-2014, 07:36 PM
  #660  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,909
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

That was some seriously fun racing. Not a bad showing for the class. Sorry the Winthrop Harbor guys didn't make it.
liljohn1064 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.