R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New Member- Just bought a car- Already itching to upgrade help!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/761248-new-member-just-bought-car-already-itching-upgrade-help.html)

RC RUSH 09-27-2013 07:58 AM

New Member- Just bought a car- Already itching to upgrade help!!!

Morning,

Had cheap RC's as a kid and saw a show a couple weeks ago of some racing and had to buy one! Went to my local hobby store and bought a Vaterra on road 2012 Nissan GT-R. Have been using it every day and love it. I am going to give this car to my son to drive and I'm looking to upgrade.

* love top of line stuff
* willing to spend about $1000

1) Looking for a new faster on road. Have looked at the Traxxas XO-1 for on road...thoughts? I know its an expert car...
2) Custom better? Or at $699 for everything is the XO-1 best?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jerz616 09-27-2013 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by RC RUSH (Post 12582370)
Morning,

Had cheap RC's as a kid and saw a show a couple weeks ago of some racing and had to buy one! Went to my local hobby store and bought a Vaterra on road 2012 Nissan GT-R. Have been using it every day and love it. I am going to give this car to my son to drive and I'm looking to upgrade.

* love top of line stuff
* willing to spend about $1000

1) Looking for a new faster on road. Have looked at the Traxxas XO-1 for on road...thoughts? I know its an expert car...
2) Custom better? Or at $699 for everything is the XO-1 best?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Are you looking to race on a track or just bash around on the street. The xo1 is good for speep runs and just messing around. If youbwantvto get in to racing then you will want to look at kits. Xray, tamiya, yokomo are some of the best ones. But they are on the pricey side to just bash around with.

RC RUSH 09-27-2013 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jerz616 (Post 12582478)
Are you looking to race on a track or just bash around on the street. The xo1 is good for speep runs and just messing around. If youbwantvto get in to racing then you will want to look at kits. Xray, tamiya, yokomo are some of the best ones. But they are on the pricey side to just bash around with.

For now probably bash around lol. I would like to race in a year or so but can always re-buy at that time...

Mr.juarez 09-27-2013 11:10 AM

You gonna kill someone with the xo1 :D

Get yourself a tamiya 417 or tc6.1 put a 4.5 turn motor and hold on. Also hpi xpatterns tires are great for bashing

ThePanda 09-27-2013 11:20 AM

Since you are new... Star off with something mid level like a ta06 you will destroy a high level tc like a 417 or t4... Gotta walk before you can run. You will just be frustrated otherwise.