Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice! >

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 02:32 PM
fmm
Tech Adept

Hi again

Which springs do you think are better for the rear shocks? Street Jam or Ride? I have seen some set ups using Ride yellow and red. And in case of Ride... Which are the rigth ones? Standard or short (H23mm) springs?

Btw, does anyone have a good based setup for carpet? During winter I race on carpet, so it would be nice to have a starting point.

Thank you in advance!
Old 12-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fmm
Hi again

Which springs do you think are better for the rear shocks? Street Jam or Ride? I have seen some set ups using Ride yellow and red. And in case of Ride... Which are the rigth ones? Standard or short (H23mm) springs?

Btw, does anyone have a good based setup for carpet? During winter I race on carpet, so it would be nice to have a starting point.

Thank you in advance!
Are the ride ones the right size?..usually they are TC shock size which are to big for the street jam rear shocks..if so stick with the Street Jam ones..just remember to get 2x .
Old 12-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I bit the bullet ordered one of these as a Christmas present so hopefully should be here this week and I can begin building next week

Oop's rookie mistake, I didn't read all pages and I didn't order the V2 shocks, so looks like ill run the V1 until I need to order something more. But did order 2spring sets and the alloy caster mount and enough spares at least to get me started.

I have my Yokomo YRF very dialed at the moment on most tracks, but just was looking to try something a little different, and the new X-ray isn't that revolutionary so I figured ill try this

Ill head to Walters this weekend to pick up the SpeedPassion Carbon steering arms and axle (another bonus is parts are a short drive away)

Will be interesting to see how this goes on our bumpy mostly low grip track.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:18 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by malcnz
Are the ride ones the right size?..usually they are TC shock size which are to big for the street jam rear shocks..if so stick with the Street Jam ones..just remember to get 2x .
Ok! Thank you very much!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evochick
Well I bit the bullet ordered one of these as a Christmas present so hopefully should be here this week and I can begin building next week

Oop's rookie mistake, I didn't read all pages and I didn't order the V2 shocks, so looks like ill run the V1 until I need to order something more. But did order 2spring sets and the alloy caster mount and enough spares at least to get me started.

I have my Yokomo YRF very dialed at the moment on most tracks, but just was looking to try something a little different, and the new X-ray isn't that revolutionary so I figured ill try this

Ill head to Walters this weekend to pick up the SpeedPassion Carbon steering arms and axle (another bonus is parts are a short drive away)

Will be interesting to see how this goes on our bumpy mostly low grip track.
Awesome and welcome to the Street Jam F1 family
Walter has the alloy steering bridge as well...well they did a few weeks ago when i ordered it and really tightens up the steering.
Not sure I would recommend the carbon arms for asphalt as will take away some grip.
The v2 shocks are nice as the std shocks screw internal top cap like the side shock on the 104 v2 which always pulled out when i had one and v2 looks a lot more secure as more std looking.

yeah be interesting how it goes as sounds like your track similar to ours.

You must keep us posted as to how it compares to the Yoko.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fmm
Hi again

Thank you in advance!
the yellow/red springs are the SJ option rear springs, they have a nice option spring set

I have not seen a REAR ride spring that would fit.

The setups I have seen using ride springs are using the RIDE FRONT spring NOT rear
Old 12-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Guess I'll have to wait until we have better and more consistent conditions at our track but finally got to spend more time tuning. Needs a little more experimentation but the car felt pretty good in low grip and definitely has a different feel than link cars. I'm happy with the car on its first real race day. Most likely will be replacing my TRF101 as my main car, I know there is even more potential for the car to go quicker.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dan
Guess I'll have to wait until we have better and more consistent conditions at our track but finally got to spend more time tuning. Needs a little more experimentation but the car felt pretty good in low grip and definitely has a different feel than link cars. I'm happy with the car on its first real race day. Most likely will be replacing my TRF101 as my main car, I know there is even more potential for the car to go quicker.
Good!
You need to come visit me/SWR

My car was Awesome yesterday, and in low grip in general. MR. top of the podium from your sat race couldn't touch me
Old 12-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Haha, is Speedworld racing in January or February? My schedule frees up after this month.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 12-16-2014, 09:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

DAN:We are but the schedule isn't up yet, I will let you know

My SJ with Protoform 13 body and CRC diffuser:

Old 12-17-2014, 07:32 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JayL
the yellow/red springs are the SJ option rear springs, they have a nice option spring set

I have not seen a REAR ride spring that would fit.

The setups I have seen using ride springs are using the RIDE FRONT spring NOT rear
Thank you! I already got the front springs.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:37 PM
fmm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JayL
DAN:We are but the schedule isn't up yet, I will let you know

My SJ with Protoform 13 body and CRC diffuser:

Very nice diffuser! I have one and I would like to use it (not sure yet for carpet track as it might add to much unnecessary grip to the rear)

Do you put it in between the bulkhead and the chassis? Does it not change the rear ride height?
Old 12-17-2014, 03:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

it is on top of the pod/chassis plate. The bulkhead ends before it's attachment position. So no ride height change.

It may be a bit much for carpet but it is great for asphalt, makes my car much more consistent
Old 12-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the Streetjam diffuser in my hand and it will be interesting to see how it holds up, I should be able to mount it to the plate area below the axle again not effecting ride height. Ill know more when I get to that part of the build

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.