Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice! >

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:18 PM
fmm
Tech Adept

Hi all,

I am new with this car (not in F1) and I have some questions that you migth be able to answer:

- in which conditions the speepassion carbon/reinforced parts are recommended? Are they only for carpet? Or do they add some benefits also on asphalt?
- which pinion would you recommend for a 21.5 and 17.5 motor? I have never used 64p spur gears on asphalt and I am wondering if I should use them or directly fit a 48p speedpassion spur gears that also use 16 balls (probably more durable than the 64P)
- I have seen people replacing the servo arm by a servo saver and connecting the steering links directly to the servo saver (instead if using steering rack). To do this modification, I have seen that the servo should go horizontally (with the servo saver on top of the servo). Do I need to have in mind something else to do this mod? Does this steering layout provide any benefits (maybe more direct steering)?

Thank you in advance
Old 12-09-2014, 04:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fmm
Hi all,

I am new with this car (not in F1) and I have some questions that you migth be able to answer:

- in which conditions the speepassion carbon/reinforced parts are recommended? Are they only for carpet? Or do they add some benefits also on asphalt?
- which pinion would you recommend for a 21.5 and 17.5 motor? I have never used 64p spur gears on asphalt and I am wondering if I should use them or directly fit a 48p speedpassion spur gears that also use 16 balls (probably more durable than the 64P)
- I have seen people replacing the servo arm by a servo saver and connecting the steering links directly to the servo saver (instead if using steering rack). To do this modification, I have seen that the servo should go horizontally (with the servo saver on top of the servo). Do I need to have in mind something else to do this mod? Does this steering layout provide any benefits (maybe more direct steering)?

Thank you in advance
The SP carbon uprights are good for any surface, the rev b ones are thicker where the stock ones break

the carbon upper and lower arms are for carpet, you give up too much grip on asphalt with them

you usually want around 2.7-3.0 FDR I only run 21.5 and usually run around 93/33 spur/pinion
I prefer 64p , finer FDR tuning. I only run the xenon 64p spurs, they give you 16 balls for a great tunable diff

the laydown servo is easier to fit under bodies and less slop in the steering, it feels more consistent to me. You have to cut the carbon arm mount plate to do this the best way
Old 12-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
maybe after you add battery and electronics it might come down? or the shocks are a tad too long? maybe a limiter inside the shock might help. but i would try with a battery and your electronics added and see where it ends up.
With the electronics and battery installed it sits a little more level with the chassis so maybe when driving it around the track it might level out.

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx
i had the same issue. Your caps on your shocks might not be tighten enough , you mustn't see the oring when they are fully tighten. but you'll have to be carefull the plastic threads on the caps are very soft.
the other solution i've found is to cut the ball cup of the shocks with the amount needed (in your case 3mm)
I double checked the shocks and they are tightened all the way down. And you're right about the threads being very soft. I almost ruined the threads when I noticed I was tightening the cap at a slight angle.

Originally Posted by JayL
the pod is supposed to hang down some, its called droop which is tunable to allow weight transfer to the front, did you put the spacers under the piston when you built the shocks?
Yes I put the spacers under the piston. I made sure of that when I noticed it was hanging lower than the chassis. But it's good to know that its supposed to be like this because I thought I had somehow assembled it wrong.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:16 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

The SP carbon uprights are good for any surface, the rev b ones are thicker where the stock ones break

the carbon upper and lower arms are for carpet, you give up too much grip on asphalt with them

you usually want around 2.7-3.0 FDR I only run 21.5 and usually run around 93/33 spur/pinion
I prefer 64p , finer FDR tuning. I only run the xenon 64p spurs, they give you 16 balls for a great tunable diff

the laydown servo is easier to fit under bodies and less slop in the steering, it feels more consistent to me. You have to cut the carbon arm mount plate to do this the best way
Thank you very much, your answers have helped a lot!

Just one more question. When using the laydown... Does the height matter? My point is that depending on the height of the servo the Ackerman and/or bump steering might vary a lot. Do I need to check something to make sure I have the right Ackerman and bump steering?

Thank you!
Old 12-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Look at the Atsushi Hara setup here : http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/stre...a_FRC20140629/
Old 12-10-2014, 09:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

yes the height matters, that's why you cut the arm plate also very important is to move the servo forward and back based on the caster you run.

If you look at all the different setups on petitrc, posted above you will see how they measure the distance
Old 12-10-2014, 11:25 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

yes the height matters, that's why you cut the arm plate also very important is to move the servo forward and back based on the caster you run.

If you look at all the different setups on petitrc, posted above you will see how they measure the distance
Ok thank you very much!

And which is a good base setup for asphalt? And for carpet? I am driving both in carpet and asphalt

Hara's setup for asphalt?

Thanks a lot for the help
Old 12-10-2014, 12:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fmm
Ok thank you very much!

And which is a good base setup for asphalt? And for carpet? I am driving both in carpet and asphalt

Hara's setup for asphalt?

Thanks a lot for the help
Yes, Hara's latest setup is very good for asphalt. that is where I started.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Rookie

nice
Old 12-11-2014, 08:40 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

Yes, Hara's latest setup is very good for asphalt. that is where I started.
Thank you!

And for carpet (Now during winter season, I drive indoors on carpet)? The ETS setup perhaps?

I have seen in Hara's setup that RIDE front spring are needed. But I can't not find them. Could someone let me know where to buy them? Or at least the reference number?

Thanks again
Old 12-11-2014, 09:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fmm
Thank you!

And for carpet (Now during winter season, I drive indoors on carpet)? The ETS setup perhaps?

I have seen in Hara's setup that RIDE front spring are needed. But I can't not find them. Could someone let me know where to buy them? Or at least the reference number?

Thanks again
tqrcracing.com has the new ride big bore front springs
Old 12-11-2014, 11:06 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

tqrcracing.com has the new ride big bore front springs
Thanks!

I guess they are these ones http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/product_view.asp?p_id=6902

Apologize for the silly question but it is the first time I heard about the ride springs.

Thank you!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fmm
Thanks!

I guess they are these ones http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6902

Apologize for the silly question but it is the first time I heard about the ride springs.

Thank you!
Its these you need
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=8643
Old 12-11-2014, 01:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

malcnz has it

the Ride F1 big bore front Springs:
Old 12-11-2014, 02:54 PM
fmm
Tech Adept

Ok thank you for all the help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.