R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/760686-street-jam-sjf01-formula-1-niiiiiiiiice.html)

Sorcerer001 10-16-2014 07:50 AM

What version of the SP plastic is used on the front end of this car? Carbon reinforced, or standard? Or did they develop a new composite for this car?

JayL 10-16-2014 09:28 AM

I use the street Jam shocks.

They have two types:
the stock ones with a through shaft no bladder like the f104v.2

option shocks with a bladder

they also have option gold shafts and option machined pistons and spacer

all the plastics for the front end are the same as the stock Speedpassion car

I swapped to the sp carbon 'b' knuckles and carbon servo holders

I left the front upper and lower arms stock as they are the best for asphalt. If I ran on carpet I would go for the carbon arms

Dan 10-16-2014 04:17 PM

Now if only I can find a SP1 aluminum steering bridge to put on. The stock bellcranks are so sloppy.

dvsstrike 10-16-2014 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13599641)
Now if only I can find a SP1 aluminum steering bridge to put on. The stock bellcranks are so sloppy.

Jay prolly bought them all.

Dan 10-17-2014 02:09 AM

If you steal it from his pit box, I'll give you Yokomo tires...

JayL 10-17-2014 09:47 AM

HAHA

I didn't buy them as I am switching the SJ to direct no bellcrank, like Hara's setup. My SP F1 does have one though :)

JayL 10-24-2014 04:41 PM

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/...psebc9d1ad.jpg

My SJ wired up

eevul 10-27-2014 07:01 AM

Well I bit the bullet and bought an SJF01 from rc-art. I got the car in less than a week and currently waiting for body, tires and wings. I have a couple of questions though. I plan to run this car on carpet and can't find any carpet setups. Anyone have a starting setup or should I just use the ones from petitrc?

Second of all, what sort of parts break on these? I would imagine I should get some knuckles? I had an F104 pro before and the only thing I ever broke was the rear wing. And trust me, I tried breaking my F104 as I hated that car :). Any other parts that I should be stocking up on for my SJF01?

JayL 10-27-2014 09:09 AM

get the speedpassion rev b knuckles

for carpet , I know for the speedpassion which has the same front end, the speedpassion carbon reinforced upper and lower arms are better, and I would stock extras of the arms in general.

Dan 10-31-2014 10:52 AM

Installed the bladder shocks. Soooo much easier to build consistently. :) Now if only I can run my car now...

JayL 10-31-2014 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13629794)
Installed the bladder shocks. Soooo much easier to build consistently. :) Now if only I can run my car now...

Did you install the machined pistons and spacer in them?

Yes, they are great! My car felt MUCH better and I bettered my record lap, which was from the VBC by .2 and it didn't seem like I was trying and the track wasnt the best.

Oh, and i much prefer the laydown servo setup, better feel not as twitchy had more steering everywhere and less general slop

come visit us! :) ;)

We are planning ripon on the 22, Street Jam meet up lol

Dan 10-31-2014 02:01 PM

Yup, installed the machined pistons. I had to do extra finishing on the stock molded pistons for the stock shocks and didn't like it at all. Luckily the machined piston set came as a set to complete a pair.... We did a group purchase for some SJ parts from RC Art and didn't realize the shocks and spring sets came in as one, not a pair. LOL

I'm pretty busy towards the end of year. I want to run at Speedworld again in early 2015. There are a lot of Street Jams at Norcal now. At least 4 of us so far, look at what you did Jay! :D

malcnz 10-31-2014 03:41 PM

seriousy looking at one of these.
when you say you have diff shocks and can they be ordered with kit instead of the normal shocks?
also what other hopups should i order? and do they have the reinforced uprights?
thanks.

Dan 10-31-2014 03:48 PM

You have to order the bladder shocks separately. Make sure you add two of them to your cart! I would not even bother with the stock shocks.

Other must have hop-ups you should get right away:

1) Machined pistons/spacer for the shocks
2) Aluminum pivot nuts
3) Aluminum lower arm pivot ball
4) Carbon uprights

I also got the Streetjam aluminum caster block too and C-FRP shaft. If running blinky 21.5, get a 86-90T 64P spur so the motor is spaced better for optimum ratios. Naturally other tuning options are their spring set. Front end can take the Tamiya style front springs.

malcnz 10-31-2014 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13630239)
You have to order the bladder shocks separately. Make sure you add two of them to your cart! I would not even bother with the stock shocks.

Other must have hop-ups you should get right away:

1) Machined pistons/spacer for the shocks
2) Aluminum pivot nuts
3) Aluminum lower arm pivot ball
4) Carbon uprights

I also got the Streetjam aluminum caster block too and C-FRP shaft. If running blinky 21.5, get a 86-90T 64P spur so the motor is spaced better for optimum ratios. Naturally other tuning options are their spring set. Front end can take the Tamiya style front springs.

cheers for that..awesome.
yeah will run 21.5 binky as we changing from silvercan(progress at long last)
can all this be ordered from rcart? as there site is prity difficult and no pics of the shocks etc and should i get the spring set for the rear shocks as we run on low grip asphalt...do have tamiya front springs in pit box.
also the bodys they show are these the speedpassion ones?
cheers.