Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice! >

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Like Tree1Likes

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Old 02-16-2015, 02:33 AM
  #316  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xevias View Post
These kingpins are the same titanium "gold" ones that came in the kit? The same ones you questioned in post #244?
Those were the rear shock shafts, I am talking about the front end kingpins that hold the front springs and crew into the steering arms. I almost have a full workshop in my garage and polished up the standard kit ones on the bench drill press. Didn't take too long
evochick is offline  
Old 02-16-2015, 04:02 AM
  #317  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
xevias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, PRC
Posts: 386
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by evochick View Post
Those were the rear shock shafts, I am talking about the front end kingpins that hold the front springs and crew into the steering arms. I almost have a full workshop in my garage and polished up the standard kit ones on the bench drill press. Didn't take too long
Oops. I should have known that - too damn distracting at work, can't get my RC stuff done.

Is it still safe to use tooth paste and a dremel to polish? Got limited resources here in Shanghai before the CNY.
xevias is offline  
Old 02-16-2015, 10:15 AM
  #318  
Tech Apprentice
 
CFRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 81
Default

ta04evah try the xhard servo saver,I think the stiffness of the springs inside the saver has something to do with the corner push.
CFRacing is offline  
Old 02-16-2015, 01:35 PM
  #319  
Tech Adept
 
OscarF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 104
Default

Can not find a shop that has the front arms in stock.



sp000427
or
SJF021

any suggestions?
Europe or Asia
OscarF1 is offline  
Old 02-16-2015, 01:48 PM
  #320  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,042
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
I had put a set of soft fronts on the car to try and counter the mid corner understeer, but even with the softs on, and the steering at full lock, the understeer persisted, along with with the corner exit oversteer..
The longer servo saver will definitely get more mid corner steering. I would bet that is a big part of your problem, as the corner exit oversteer is a classic symptom of too little angle in the steering rods. One other thing may be the size of the spacer on the underside of the servo saver. Too small of a spacer will make the car oversteer on exit as well.
robk is offline  
Old 02-16-2015, 03:55 PM
  #321  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ta04evah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,616
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CFRacing View Post
ta04evah try the xhard servo saver,I think the stiffness of the springs inside the saver has something to do with the corner push.
Ill be testing a servo saver the same as Beth's on Friday night to see if it does make a difference, if there is an improvement I'll look into getting the xhard one that you recommend.

Rob.
ta04evah is offline  
Old 02-16-2015, 04:36 PM
  #322  
Tech Apprentice
 
CFRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 81
Talking

Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
Ill be testing a servo saver the same as Beth's on Friday night to see if it does make a difference, if there is an improvement I'll look into getting the xhard one that you recommend.

Rob.
That would be even better, don't quit this car has it it's just a little harder to find it
CFRacing is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 12:13 AM
  #323  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ta04evah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,616
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CFRacing View Post
That would be even better, don't quit this car has it it's just a little harder to find it
Met up with a friend who kindly gave me a couple of servo savers to try, which includes the Tamiya high torque one, and the Xray xtra hard servo saver.

Am going to try the Tamiya one first as it has a long servo horn on it.
There is a very significant amount of difference to the spring tension between a Kimbrough, which I had been using, and the Tamiya one. The Tamiya one is easily twice as strong.



Rob.
ta04evah is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 AM
  #324  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (69)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,638
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

The Kimbrough one is no good as the internal coil spring gives out easily over time and just doesn't have the tension. The X-ray servo saver is still the best in my opinion. I run it in the majority of my cars.
Dan is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 02:55 AM
  #325  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Valladolid, Spain
Posts: 88
Default

Which Xray part number is the servo saver?
prorace is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 03:28 AM
  #326  
Tech Apprentice
 
CFRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 81
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The Kimbrough one is no good as the internal coil spring gives out easily over time and just doesn't have the tension. The X-ray servo saver is still the best in my opinion. I run it in the majority of my cars.
+1 on the spring tension. When I changed to the xray one made one heck of an improvement even without changing the servo position. That would be my next change to the car. Good luck
CFRacing is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 04:40 AM
  #327  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ta04evah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,616
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CFRacing View Post
+1 on the spring tension. When I changed to the xray one made one heck of an improvement even without changing the servo position. That would be my next change to the car. Good luck
If there is a noticeable improvement to the cars handling with the Tamiya high torque servo saver, then I will try the Xray one. I really don't want to commit to spending more money on this car, and then have it still handle like a sack of potato's dipped in lard.

Rob.
ta04evah is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 08:57 AM
  #328  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
xevias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, PRC
Posts: 386
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by evochick View Post
I just found Tamiya have a longer horn for the mini which would be a perfect length for the F1's, as it will extend a similar length to the Exotek extender.



I can see me ordering one.
I'm going to give this a try. Would you recommend installing the servo flat or put it at an angle like you did with the regular Tamiya?

I had that weird "double steering" thing happen with my 104 at last year's Shanghai AOC, but attributed it to Pardus tires on new carpet. Didn't know steering angles could help that issue.
xevias is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 09:38 AM
  #329  
Tech Adept
 
OscarF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by OscarF1 View Post
Can not find a shop that has the front arms in stock.



sp000427
or
SJF021

any suggestions?
Europe or Asia
Please help me to find this !
OscarF1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 09:44 AM
  #330  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (69)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,638
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

I don't think you can get the regular arms anywhere now. The carbon version of the arms should still be available from Speed Passion.
Dan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.