comments on futaba

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

comments on futaba

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 02:43 PM

Default comments on futaba

just wondering what everyones opinions are on the futaba brand and if anyone has used a 3pm transmitter.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Futaba is one of the most weakest companies when it comes to warranties, if it doesn't work out of the box it is to bad they will not warrant it unless you live in the USA or Canada. The rest of the world doesn't get a look in. The best way to treat this anal company is to boycott their products world wide.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Maybe having a Futaba rep in our local club gives me a different look, but I have never had a problem with them.
I have a 3PM radio right now, and it works great for the price. It is not a 3PK level transmitter, but for the price you cant beat it.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Happy Racer
Futaba is one of the most weakest companies when it comes to warranties, if it doesn't work out of the box it is to bad they will not warrant it unless you live in the USA or Canada. The rest of the world doesn't get a look in. The best way to treat this anal company is to boycott their products world wide.
How did you come to this conclusion? Did you grey import some faulty Futaba equipment?
Old 06-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

I've used Futaba radio gear exclusively for over 10 years and have never had a single failure with the radios.
I've fried one receiver by plugging the receiver battery in backwards, my mistake.
I've had some Futaba servos that I've broken gears in, but gears can break in any servo.
I think 3PM is fine, especially the crystalless version, but I use 3PK with spektrum module myself.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

I would say the Futaba makes excellant radios. I have two radios that are well over 15 years old and still working. My son uses an old am magnum radio that I use to use and I still use the "brick" pcm 1024. I have the 3PM but in the synthesized version (3pm-fs). Its a very good radio and I like the way it works with the novak synthesized receivers. I also have a 3pk with the synthesized module and spektrum. You can say I'm a little bias to Futaba, but what w/great products that I haven't experienced any problems with.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Happy Racer
You don't sound like a very happy racer... Go buy another car!
-Josh
Old 06-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

i dont know about futaba's warranty as i have never had a set fail

Have seen lots of hitec sets fail, never a futaba.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have an original AE rc-10 from 1987 with the original Futaba Magnum JR radio gear and it still works great. Never had any sort of glitching problem or any warranty issues. Mind you I have an Optima mid from 1989 with a KO EX-5 that has never had a problem.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tip Top

Hey dude, when it comes to Futaba & Ko Propo radios these 2 are definately leading the rc industry, all commes down to ure budget and what u prefer.

I have run futaba and move to a Ko mars coz it feels more comfortable. thats not to say anything was wrong with the futaba.

I think if your going to buy a Futaba 3pm Wise CHoice Buddy
Old 06-26-2005, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Dimo
I went the other way
i had a EX1, then a mars, then a mars 2000R, But switched over to the 3PK with HRS never looked back
with KO i didn`t like the fact you had to scroll through menu to get where want to go
with the 3pk you can call up the most usefull thing`s in 2 presses of the button to bring it up on the `BIG` screen

comfortable
i found the 3pk better then the KO
i have big hands & the 3pk suit`s this better coz it`s a mans radio
KO mars is for girlie hands
got fingers like sausages you know

also i get less glitching then the KO (still get the odd bit here & there)
but it was more frequent with the KO
been in the game for 19yrs so it is nothing to do with user problem, it just happens from place to place,weather,fencing,lighting,power cables, but not all the time
each to thier own
Old 06-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

17 years with futaba zero futaba problems.

The problems i have had are self inflicted. Blown 3pj module(reversed the battery pack), ripped antenas(offroad).... Thats it.

Quick summery: The guys that cry glitch!!! on the dirvers stand dont run futaba.

Current radio 3pk. lovin it