R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2001, 09:59 PM   #106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any tips on Parma FasFlourescents. I painted a body and the flourescent fades on the flames were not even. It is really hard to see if you have enough paint on the body because the flourescents are so clear.

Any thoughts on the Pactra Acrylics?
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 05:56 AM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
I read somewhere that Parma sells lids for their Fastcolor bottles that have the airbrush attachments built-in. Has anyone seen these, or can anyone suggest a source? The Parma web site doesn't have any information.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:23 AM   #108
Tech Regular

Tower sells them.
Here they are

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXZR30&P=7
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 09:04 AM   #109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

antoniop: Thanks again, you're all over this forum.

BTW, the Tower price is $11.99 for 3 seems kind of steep.

I found at a local Art Supply Store, a set of 3 for $5.95. The difference is that these are made by Createx. They have a plastic cap to cover the bottle when not in use, and the cap is plastic like the original Fastcolor cap.. Apparently, the bottles that Parma uses for the FastColor paints is the same bottle as the Createx brand of airbrush supplies.

http://www.createxcolors.com/product_lines/index.htm

Bottle Adapters
Allows artist to use Createx bottles as airbrush jar. Simply screw bottle adapter on and plug into airbrush. Saves time and money. For use with all suction feed airbrushes. Fits 2 and 4 oz Createx airbrush bottles. 3, 6, & 12 pack assortments available.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 09:17 AM   #110
Tech Regular

LOL,

I do it in bursts... My post count is not that high, but it was a fun coincidence.
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 07:18 AM   #111
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys I am a complete newbie to the world of airbrushing so please be kind

Anyway, I've been thinking of purchasing an airbrush and a compressor but I really would like to be able to get a compressor that can handle both airbrushing tasks and car clean up when I get home from races. Is this possible to do or do I have to purchase two different compressors? I've seen some Hausfeld Cambell units at Home Depot for around $150 but I'm not sure if the unit would put out too much PSI for airbrushing. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Schuie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote