Xerun X1A questions

Reply

Old 09-22-2013, 10:47 PM
  #16  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
what weight or viscosity of oil in the shocks? dont put anything on the spur or pinion its not needed
Oil for street try to use softer oil. around 25-30wt 3 holes piston. And the spring you are using is really stiff...... try something 2.8 to 3.0 front and 2.6 to 2.8 rear. In modified class we are running 4.5t motors. As these motors with right gearing and battery you can get around 90-100km/h speed on the straight. You really need some good tires, surface and setup to get the car handle properly. On dusty street surface try some 24 or 25 degree rubber, or for foam use 30 or 32 degree foam for nitro touring. For the foam make sure you run the tires design for front in front and for rear for rear. Even the hardest is same the compound is different.
beamcat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 AM
  #17  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Biff73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by beamcat View Post
Oil for street try to use softer oil. around 25-30wt 3 holes piston. And the spring you are using is really stiff...... try something 2.8 to 3.0 front and 2.6 to 2.8 rear. In modified class we are running 4.5t motors. As these motors with right gearing and battery you can get around 90-100km/h speed on the straight. You really need some good tires, surface and setup to get the car handle properly. On dusty street surface try some 24 or 25 degree rubber, or for foam use 30 or 32 degree foam for nitro touring. For the foam make sure you run the tires design for front in front and for rear for rear. Even the hardest is same the compound is different.
Thanks,I just checked out some suspension oil,its 200-1200,which should I pick?Also checked out thunder tiger TS4E,is this a good touring car for speed?btw I'm using tt touring car tires

Last edited by Biff73; 09-23-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Biff73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:24 AM
  #18  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,151
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

try losi or associated shock oil. and look at compaines other than thunder tiger, yiu will quickly see there are many better products out there to choose from. tamiya has many great touring cars that can be had for cheap and will perform better at speed.
ThePanda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 AM
  #19  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Biff73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
try losi or associated shock oil. and look at compaines other than thunder tiger, yiu will quickly see there are many better products out there to choose from. tamiya has many great touring cars that can be had for cheap and will perform better at speed.
Like TT02?The shock oil I checked was associated
Biff73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 AM
  #20  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,151
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

i was thinking along the lines of a ta or tb series like a ta05 or ta06 or a tb02 or tb03

and ae doesnt make 200wt shock oil. where did you find it sold?
ThePanda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:54 AM
  #21  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Biff73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
i was thinking along the lines of a ta or tb series like a ta05 or ta06 or a tb02 or tb03

and ae doesnt make 200wt shock oil. where did you find it sold?
associated shock oil starts at 600 lowest,its mumeisha shock oils that range from 200-3000,I like the tb series,but its a drift spec,wonder if its good for speed?
Biff73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:28 PM
  #22  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Biff73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 25
Default

Btw,can my xerun x1a handle 3s lipo?
Biff73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:49 PM
  #23  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,151
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

The esc can, the motor cannot. It will spin at rpms that are too high.
ThePanda is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service