R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-22-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Default Which Car???!!!!

which car do u guys reccomend???i don't think i have any problems with parts support,so that will not be a problem.and if u guys can give some ideas of budget esc and 19 turn motors,please post them here.budget charger would be great too.batteries ideas also would be great.thanks.if u're wondering,i'm trying out ep.that's why i need to buy all this stuffs.thanks
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

someone kill me !!!!!!!!!!

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85

i have a tc4 and love it. as for the batteries you cannot beat promatch on deals and performance from what ive noticed. the charger, i like the pulsar 2 but thats more than bacic. i also noticed that the trinity 19 turn is awsome and the esc i have the quantum reverse. its good for 19 i think and i got the reverse cause you can turn it off and i turn it on for practice sessions so i do not have to run and fix it when i crash.
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:40 PM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

on a budget, why not look into the KO charger
they are around 100 i believe and can charge up to 8 amps. And I think it looks cool.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:49 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch Blade
they are around 100 i believe and can charge up to 8 amps. And I think it looks cool.
function is more important than looks.
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:50 PM   #6
Tech Elite

thanks guys.very fast replies.i saw the epic 24 cells in a box batteries.that looks cool.and i think it is a little bit cheaper that to buy one by one pack.i saw it in rcca 2005 buyer's guide,but can't seem to find it online.anyone who have found it,let me noe.thanks.keep the comments coming
Old 06-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch Blade
The KO charger is a superior charger. They work extremely well. If you can get them at $100 I would do it. I know KO has a sale on their shopatron...
Old 06-22-2005, 09:25 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to vi3tishduy

If u want a brick pack of those epic cells, go to towerhobbies.com they sell em there in cases, you just have to match them your selves. As for batteries, I have SMC's which run reallly good, and Promatches. I plan on getting kinetix or try fusion power, they have a 3 pack sale going on which is pretty nice... Good luck pal. As for the car, I to am thinking of what to get hehe.. so many new models are coming out.
vi3tishduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #9
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat
function is more important than looks.
Hey man all i said was it looks good. I also stated the price and the fact that if you need to it can charge at up to 8 amps.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:44 PM   #10
Tech Master

i mean there isnt much to say about it; it does the basics...charging. It doesnt have discharge and motor run, but if someone is looking for something to get the job done, then the KO will work perfectly. Then someone can get a discharger and will be set. I have a Pulsar 2 and probobly will buy the KO next because i dont need another charger with motor run and discharge.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:57 PM   #11
Tech Elite

WOW!!!u guys reply so fast.i don't think i can keep up .as for chargers,i think the ko is good.is it as or dc????and for batteries,noe any other place other than tower hobbies???coz i don't think they can ship to malaysia.or maybe i will buy one by one pack.the pro match seems to be good.i think it is cheap too.any online place to get that??and now the car.i'm keeping a close eye on the yokomo mr4tc-bd.i see a lot of people saying that is a good car.but i think it is on the expensive side.what is the lowest price u can get on the mr4tc bd???and where???thanks.keep it coming
Old 06-22-2005, 09:59 PM   #12
Tech Master

its DC. If you are looking for batteries, maybe try looking at Team 1, Hurricane, Pole Position, among the other smaller and bigger matchers(SMC, Trinity, Reedy, Orion/Peak, etc) Im sure you'll find what youy are looking for
Old 06-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #13
Tech Master

ahh, i didnt read that you are in malaysia. Hmm, maybe just send tower an email or call them to see if they will ship to Malaysia.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:35 AM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntc3freak
WOW!!!u guys reply so fast.i don't think i can keep up .as for chargers,i think the ko is good.is it as or dc????and for batteries,noe any other place other than tower hobbies???coz i don't think they can ship to malaysia.or maybe i will buy one by one pack.the pro match seems to be good.i think it is cheap too.any online place to get that??and now the car.i'm keeping a close eye on the yokomo mr4tc-bd.i see a lot of people saying that is a good car.but i think it is on the expensive side.what is the lowest price u can get on the mr4tc bd???and where???thanks.keep it coming
http://www.promatchracing.com

cheers
Old 06-23-2005, 06:04 AM   #15
Tech Elite

how good is the pro match batteries???it has nice numbers and the price is affordable,but how does it performs???and also,is the duratrax ice any good???the price is quite cheap too.anyway,what car guys???don't only reccomend on other stuffs