Like Tree22Likes

Modern TC Body Options & Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Modern TC Body Options & Reviews

Hey RCtech-nicians.

What bodies are you running for asphalt? Pro’s and Con’s of what you’ve tried would be great.

I’m currently running 21.5. So far I’ve tried the Xtreme Twister. Trying out the Zoo Wolverine this Sunday.

I’m also curious what peoples opinions are of the Proline/Protoform P63.

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2022, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Great thread thanks for starting it. Most of the fast guys at my track are running the new J concepts. Basically changing bodies is a driver preference I have found. The fast guys at my track say body type A is good for a 10th.... body B is good for 2/10 but it's a give and take, stability ,corner entry being the two most common handling traits I hear. I have found that once you find a body that you are comfortable driving the biggest difference comes in the placement of the rear wing. Now 90% of the guys at the track won't even notice a difference but if you're in the top three consistently fighting for a 10th hear and a 10th there you can feel the difference. Drill three holes in the rear wing. The further out you put the rear wing the more rear grip you'll have and the less rotation, the further in the rear wing, the better the car will rotate. This is the difference I can most feel on the track even more than changing bodies. I've only switched between two different bitty design bodies so far. But I have a stack of bodies I'm waiting to try out in my 17.5 TC car. I like you I'm interested to see people's results. I am also racing on outdoor asphalt.

All of these bodies were given to me by the fastest racer at our track he tries them and moves on only running the fastest bodies that he feels suit his driving style he's currently running the new JC. I plan on testing every one of these bodies on my car to see what they can do.
An6e1o_414 and dawgmeat like this.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

The LHS owner is one of the fastest guys every Sunday in Expert 17.5 and mod. He's currently running the jconcepts a2r so his shelves always has them. I tried the ultra light version and many races later still not cracked. Downforce is good on the fast sections. On good days I usually fight for second in sportsman, but we're all mostly running the same body lol.
Isaac likes this.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xrayray;[url=tel:15942034
15942034[/url]]The LHS owner is one of the fastest guys every Sunday in Expert 17.5 and mod. He's currently running the jconcepts a2r so his shelves always has them. I tried the ultra light version and many races later still not cracked. Downforce is good on the fast sections. On good days I usually fight for second in sportsman, but we're all mostly running the same body lol.
Is the Xtreme Twister body mold the same shape as the A2R? Some set-up sheets read Twister with this body. Unless they are incorrect.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by performula
Is the Xtreme Twister body mold the same shape as the A2R? Some set-up sheets read Twister with this body. Unless they are incorrect.
No they're different.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Update. Zoo Wolverine was a bit much for me. I'm trying the A2R since you guys spoke highly of it.
Xrayray likes this.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

I got a bittydesign M410 to try this Sunday. I put the wing all the way back and the body just 3mm forward.

I expect this to be a very stable and safe body. We'll see.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Xrayray
I got a bittydesign M410 to try this Sunday. I put the wing all the way back and the body just 3mm forward.

I expect this to be a very stable and safe body. We'll see.
The M410 was a popular body for a while, until Zoo came along and changed the playing field. Now everything is a wedge with a blob cabin. The M410 will have a lot less downforce than the modern bodies.
mrreet2001 and Xrayray like this.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

The twister OG has been really good for Mod TC on carpet... not sure about asphalt, maybe something to check out?
Old 10-07-2022, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The M410 was a popular body for a while, until Zoo came along and changed the playing field. Now everything is a wedge with a blob cabin. The M410 will have a lot less downforce than the modern bodies.
Hopefully it look awesome on the track this Sunday. I like the M4 look on the front end. A lot of people started using the A2R at our club race, would be nice to have one that looks like a car.
Old 10-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Suspended

Default Advice Please!?

I am glad I saw this thread; how do you guys mount your bodies nice and square? Sometimes I am too far back, or forward, or one side is closer to the wheels than the other...any jigs or special tools involved?
Old 10-08-2022, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MXRCF1
I am glad I saw this thread; how do you guys mount your bodies nice and square? Sometimes I am too far back, or forward, or one side is closer to the wheels than the other...any jigs or special tools involved?
https://hobbiesdirect.com.au/Yeah-Ra...-Kit-YA-0533RD
I use something like this, magnetic clamps that hold the body and locate the posts. Triple check the positioning before cutting the holes.
Old 10-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Suspended

Default Body Mounting

Thanks! I've been doing some research and found something similar!
Old 10-10-2022, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've been using the Bittydesign equivalent: Magnetic Body Post Marker Kit, and I would recommend it. I find that calipers and a straight ruler help too. I mark a vertical line where I want the center of the wheel well, and align it with the axle. I will also measure and mark a line on the hood/trunk for the center of the body and use a landmark on the car to ensure it's centered, or I'll simply check the gap between body/wheel at all four corners. Definitely triple check before you ream your holes. I'll usually check after I start reaming each hole to make sure everything still looks right. Also helps to have your body posts trimmed close to where they're going to be, and be sure to have the car at ride height.

Other helpful tools are the Bittydesign TC Body Marker Line Kit and the Raceform]Raceform Perfect Wheel ARC Cutter.

For body, my personal favorite is the ZooRacing ANTI body.
MXRCF1 likes this.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MXRCF1
One trick that I have used is getting 3mm offset wheels and use them when I mount the body. Helps keep the body square and off of the tires when you return to 0mm offsets.
TeamThibault, gigaplex and garnt like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.