Wiki Posts
Search

Might Try 1/12 scale racing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Might Try 1/12 scale racing...

Hello,

How much fun is 1/12 scale racing? How does it compare to 1/10 as in control? 1/12 seems relatively cheaper which is right up my alley...
Old 06-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

They are a little cheaper to run. Handling wise, they are more nimble then sedans and setup isn't all that difficult. Check out the 12th scale thread, tons of info and great guys in there.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisOFNA
Hello,

How much fun is 1/12 scale racing? How does it compare to 1/10 as in control? 1/12 seems relatively cheaper which is right up my alley...
Its one of the cheapest forms of racing today. You race for 8 minutes. Its almost and endurance race of sorts. Setting one up is simple and setups from track to track is simalar. You buy 2 six cell packs and you make 3 four cell packs. You carry less equipment to the track. And you can pretty much beat the hell out of the cars and they will finish the race. You will also develope driving skills quicker then if you start off with a sedan. I have been racing 12 scale since 1986. Tust me buck for buck its the most fun.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

advantage : faster, cheaper, easy on the motor because it uses 4 cells
Old 06-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with all that was said before, and I want to add that 1/12 is much better to run on smaller tracks than TCs (which look huge on some small tracks).

after the initital investment in the equipment, it's is relatively cheap and easy to maintain, I find a lot of people getting almost twice the amount of runs btw comm cuts in 1/12 than in tc with the same type motor (well, as long as it's not overgeared, but that's with all classes), and the brushes last a long time.

I also like the bodys in 1/12, they look better than most Sedan bodies (not like taxicabs)
Old 06-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

I switched to 12th scale about 8 months ago and I love it. Longer race times, cheaper and less maintenance overall. It's a little tricky at first given that they are much more responsive than sedans. And the racing is different since rubbing usually ends in tears unlike the bashing you can do in sedans but thats a good thing in my book.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

i've just started 12th scale recently as well and i really like it. Car is much more responsive than the 4WD TCs.. have to control the steering and throttle very well, cheaper to run, 8 min racing is good as it means you have to be consistant if you want to be fast and it's just a lot more fun than TCs.

i love it!
Old 06-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Default **** warning ****

once u go 12th, u'll never go back
Old 06-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

1/12 scale is really fun. Just set it up for a track and run it. 8 minutes vs 4. That was my reasoning why I got into it 7 months ago. Plus all that track time. I race with speedxl in our state race and its an endurance race. The cars are quick and smooth driving you'll enjoy it.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As a Old timer- I've been racing 1/12th scale since I got into racing 25 years ago. It's presently my favorite class - more bang for the buck.Learn how to drive these nimble cars and you can drive anything else better. Running them 4 cell with a 19t motors is just the right mix for me. I've got the speed, the handling now If I only had better eyes.