I NEED BATTERY AN CHARGER HELP!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I NEED BATTERY AN CHARGER HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I NEED BATTERY AN CHARGER HELP!!!

Hey! This is my first post and I'm hoping that all of you guys can help me out with my problem. So I bought a 1:10 tt-01 type E kit but didn't come with a few parts and one of them was the battery and charger SOOO I bought a battery for it off a friend of mine it's a Dynamite 7.2 1800mAh 6 cell speedpack tayima Ni-MH rechargeable battery. Now my problem is that he didn't have a charger for it and now I'm stuck looking for it and I can't find it anywhere or I must be looking in the wrong places!

I would like to know if anyone can help me out by telling me a name of a charger that would work with the battery or if there are chargers that can charge it without any problems.

Thank you so much guys and gals!!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wow, I don't mean to be disparaging, but that pack is pretty old school. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't give you much run time.

Personally, I like ichargers (such as this one: http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-1010b.html) since they offer a lot of flexibility with charging various chemistries including older NiMH and newer LiFe/LiPo packs. However, there is a downside since you'll need a separate DC power supply and the cost is a bit higher.

If you're just looking for something to mess around with and don't have plans to get too serious, your local hobbyshop may have an inexpensive multi-chemistry charger which works off AC power.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Well what kind of battery would you recommend I'm pretty new to this rc hobby lol thank you I really appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Since you are new I would pick up a few 3000-5000 mah nimhs. Or you could go with lipos, but those require more expensive chargers, and you would have to replace the stock electronics, or get a lvc. They are more delicate than nimhs too.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fonzo3969
Well what kind of battery would you recommend I'm pretty new to this rc hobby lol thank you I really appreciate it.
ThePanda is right, nimh is good for bashing since the cost is relatively low and they're low maintenance. It's just that really old ones may not hold a charge as well.

LiPo is the way to go if you want to get serious, but the cost is higher. Also as ThePanda mentioned, lipo batteries also require your car's speed control to have LVC (Low Voltage Cutoff) in order to prevent damage or even fires.

Sorry, I haven't charged NiMH recently, so I wouldn't be able to recommend a good charger for your needs. Best bet is to try a local hobby shop if you have one.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

I have an old Tekin 112 ac/dc charger kicking around here somewhere that still works I'd be willing to part with. It was an expensive charger back in the day but is useless to me now that I am running LiPos.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Something wrong in this post, If this guy can get this far on as to find this site and post....

He knows more than He's letting on.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

I really want to get a lipo soon it's just the stuff that's not included with the kit is twice as expansive as the kit it's self lol but I guess Bobby's are expensive in general but not all lipid would work for my car right? It's more of a drift car actually is a touring BMW 318i witch basicly is a "drift" car. Also would I need a fan to cool the engine down or are they more for looks?

Busman this is the first site that comes up on google when you search for help lol.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

You need a 7.4 volt lipo 2s battery. As for fans and heat sinks. I personally don't use them, I just don't need them. If you are getting high motor temps, 170+ you can usually solve with gearing better than with a fan.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Any recommendation on radios and servos? Will there be anything els I'd need?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

both fuataba and airtronics are good radio and servo brands. Savox, from my experience personally is good too.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Alright thanks guys I really appretiate it if there's any other tips I would really appretiate it to!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If you are planning on ever racing competitively go ahead and buy a good expensive charger and radio now, in the long run it will save you money. If you are doing this for fun, and just want to drive around on the street and driveway you don't need all that fancy stuff.

Charger - Hitec X1, AC/DC so you don't have to buy an extra power supply and it will charge the battery you have, plus any lipo you get in the future!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rger-6S-6A-50W

Battery - I think there are a lot of square lipos that do not fit that chassis without cutting the little braces on the sides out. You can cut that and be fine, otherwise this Peak battery is nice. I used one in my Mini cooper and easily ran 10 minute races with the same kind of motor that come with the TT-01 with plenty of power left. I would bet 15-20min just bashing/drifting around

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PowerMax-Spo...-/200832140220

Radio - Airtronics MX-V, 2.4ghz, great range, cheap!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...proof-Receiver

an even cheaper alternative could be

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...1-DSM-Receiver

Servo - Savox have pretty decent servos. I had a model 1251mg in my mini and on an F1 car that worked good. Those are about $65 or you can get slightly less powerful and slower one for $25. You really wont know the difference.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo