R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essnowyt View Post
At the risk of being, "THAT GUY". The flyer states the MWGS/Indoor Champs are willing to add USGT if enough racers sign up for it. I will start the banter, I will have my USGT car and would enjoy that as a 2nd class.

Snowy.
I put that there for just this reason bro, so you're not being "that guy". Get those signups in and ask to be added to this class. Paid entries are what makes races, and also classes, happen.

I'm not too familiar with them, but I assume the USGT rules package would be the most widely accepted.

I'll keep a running total posted here. We don't have a figure yet as to how many would make it happen, but if you folks make a full heat then there's no way to say no.

Build it, we'll run 'em!

-Sean
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essnowyt View Post
At the risk of being, "THAT GUY". The flyer states the MWGS/Indoor Champs are willing to add USGT if enough racers sign up for it. I will start the banter, I will have my USGT car and would enjoy that as a 2nd class.

Snowy.
I'm in. 13.5 is a little to pro oriented for me, USGT would be perfect. Money is on its way.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #63
Tech Regular

Can classes be added on race day? Do t-shirts have to be prepaid for? Some people sent money before there was a flier.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #64
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Can classes be added on race day? Do t-shirts have to be prepaid for? Some people sent money before there was a flier.
Relax. Nothing is broken. There is no impending disaster. Maintain chi. It's Friday and everything is well.

We would appreciate it if everyone tried to register before the event to minimize the cluster that will be Thursday night and Friday morning, but we will be taking additional classes when you check in.

T shirts do not have to be prepaid. I added that to the flier for racer convenience. If you want to buy one at the track and are reasonably sure we'll have the right size, go for it. If you want one waiting for you in the size you specified, order it. If you have already registered, send an email to [email protected] and I'll make sure things work out for you.

The Sweep handout tires are also on the list of things you can purchase beforehand.

No one sent money in before there was a flier, they just sent it before the flier was published.

This will be a happy fun time race. There will be no needless drama. Thank you.

-Sean
Old 10-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #65
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

USGT would use treaded tires like the rules say, right?
bucknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #66
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts View Post
USGT would use treaded tires like the rules say, right?
Correct.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Sean:
I noticed on the flier that Jaco's are legal in WGT. These tires do not have a stripe and haven't been legal in past Grand Slam races because of that. Is this a change?
Old 10-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #68
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
Sean:
I noticed on the flier that Jaco's are legal in WGT. These tires do not have a stripe and haven't been legal in past Grand Slam races because of that. Is this a change?
No sir, that would be categorized as an oversight, or error, or a ____up on my part. I will correct it immediately. In WGT, if it doesn't have the magic stripe, it won't be on the track. Thank you so very much for that catch! I will update the flyer...

-Sean
Old 10-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
Relax. Nothing is broken. There is no impending disaster. Maintain chi. It's Friday and everything is well.

We would appreciate it if everyone tried to register before the event to minimize the cluster that will be Thursday night and Friday morning, but we will be taking additional classes when you check in.

T shirts do not have to be prepaid. I added that to the flier for racer convenience. If you want to buy one at the track and are reasonably sure we'll have the right size, go for it. If you want one waiting for you in the size you specified, order it. If you have already registered, send an email to [email protected] and I'll make sure things work out for you.

The Sweep handout tires are also on the list of things you can purchase beforehand.

No one sent money in before there was a flier, they just sent it before the flier was published.

This will be a happy fun time race. There will be no needless drama. Thank you.

-Sean
Not starting drama, just asking questions that seem fair. Last year there was not extra shirts, they were ordered with entries. I know a different group is handling this race, so things may be different.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #70
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just starting to read up on this now... it's been 10 years since my first (and only other) trip to Cleveland for this event. I can't remember the address before but I'm guessing this is a different Holiday Inn than back then?

Also, I seem to remember pitting in my hotel room last time. Sounds like you're providing a pit area with tables, etc... so, do we have to pit in there or can we still pit in the hotel room? I'm kinda antisocial.
Stogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #71
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
Just starting to read up on this now... it's been 10 years since my first (and only other) trip to Cleveland for this event. I can't remember the address before but I'm guessing this is a different Holiday Inn than back then?

Also, I seem to remember pitting in my hotel room last time. Sounds like you're providing a pit area with tables, etc... so, do we have to pit in there or can we still pit in the hotel room? I'm kinda antisocial.
This is definitely a different Holiday Inn, but 2009 ROAR Carpet Onroad Nats was held here along with a Halloween Classic, so they know what to do. The hotel would very much want us to not pit in the rooms because of clean up issues. We can always find a closet or separate area for you to pit in, but you'll have to have pants on. There's no getting around that one, sorry.

Sign up, c'mon out, I've been told that Ken Miller has been practicing ritual sacrifices to the RC gods in order to ensure we have a good weekend.

-Sean
Old 10-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #72
Tech Regular

Quote:
Not starting drama, just asking questions that seem fair. Last year there was not extra shirts, they were ordered with entries. I know a different group is handling this race, so things may be different.
Yep, they're good questions and thanks for asking them Adam. If you have any questions or concerns, holla' at me!

-Sean
Old 10-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Hotel booked! Also signed up for 2 more classes. Looks like I will be attempting 17.5 TC, 13.5 TC, and 17.5 12th scale.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sean for those of us that still write checks, where should those be sent?

thanks
chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #75
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hotel booked! Also signed up for 2 more classes. Looks like I will be attempting 17.5 TC, 13.5 TC, and 17.5 12th scale.
Good deal, Adam, thanks! It looks like you'll be busy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackin View Post
Sean for those of us that still write checks, where should those be sent?

thanks
chuck
A very good question, sir. Thank you!

Send payment with your name, address, phone number, classes and your corresponding transponder numbers, t-shirt order (number and sizes) and number of sets of Sweep tires to me.

Sean Bushnell
1618 Benham Dr.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815