R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcman182006
Default RS4 Rally help

so I am acquiring an HPI RS4 Rally that's been converted to it's on-road equivalent, for which I have no idea what that is Also I would like some info on if there is any parts that switch over from the newer chassis, and I do plan on running it as in our local VTA class, what offset rims would I need

(sorry for all the questions as you can see in my signature I'm more of an off-road guy lol)
#NoChuck2015
rcman182006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcman182006 View Post
so I am acquiring an HPI RS4 Rally that's been converted to it's on-road equivalent, for which I have no idea what that is Also I would like some info on if there is any parts that switch over from the newer chassis, and I do plan on running it as in our local VTA class, what offset rims would I need

(sorry for all the questions as you can see in my signature I'm more of an off-road guy lol)
just use normal 0mm offset wheel and it should be ok. I think you will need to change the shocks as they are way too long. Maybe a set of tamiya or HPI touring car shocks and spring? And you will need sway bar as well as I think HPI do have a set of sway bar for your rally.
beamcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

The on road version was the RS4 Pro. Considering the car is 15 years old now there is no part I would say is still used today, but if you go here http://archive.hpiracing.com/kits/rally/r-m.htm for more information you can find a parts list here http://archive.hpiracing.com/kits/rally/rally_expl1.htm and if you search for the part numbers online you will find a lot of parts are still available.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote