Search
Like Tree12Likes

Team c tc10

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi! I just counted and you are right it's 38/20 which gives an internal ratio of 1.9. I'm going to start with 96/42 spur/pinion for 17.5 blinky and take it from there.
My apologies for the false info, we will have to inform TeamC of the typo so they can fix it for the next batch.
I have a question though. Did you get any stickers in your kit? I had none.
No problem about the ratio info. Will a 42t pinion fit? It may be too small. BTW: I did not get any stickers with my kit. Being a painter, I avoid stickers.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Haha. :-)
Right now I have 96/42 installed no problem at all. There's plenty of room to put bigger pinions too.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Don't mind the angle of the steering rod, I'm going to shim between the servo horn and the ball to reduce that angle.
I feel that's the reason why I had to increase my right EPA compared to my left to obtain an equal steering throw left and right...
So far I have found the kit build to be very smooth. No real issues ( I did get a package of screws for the battery strap that were to short).

I plan on spacing the servo as far forward as I can to also reduce the angle of the steering rod. A longer ball stud may also be needed to get the angle correct. I will space the ball stud on the steering rack up, so the rod is more level with the chassis.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Hi! First day of racing with the car today. Super easy to drive! I really like it...

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 12-22-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hi! First day of racing with the car today. Super easy to drive! I really like it...
Would like to see some pictures of the car, if possible.:just curious haha.
And could you something about the quality of the car. How was the built of the car.
Are you going to compete in a race event soon?? Im very curious how the car holds its ground compared to other TC's.

Thanx..
Old 12-23-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JD Skyline
Would like to see some pictures of the car, if possible.:just curious haha.
And could you something about the quality of the car. How was the built of the car.
Are you going to compete in a race event soon?? Im very curious how the car holds its ground compared to other TC's.

Thanx..
If you do a Google search for "Team C tc10" you can find plenty of pictures of the chassis. My local track owner was shocked at how close it was to an Xray T4.
As for the build, everything fit very nicely. My only issue being the limited amount of space for gearing selection. (nothing a Dremel can't fix)
I am planning on running my car in the USGT class at the USVTA National races at Summit Raceway in Fort Wayne, IN and The Track in Winthrop Harbor. Ill.
As for how it will compare...I believe it comes down to the "Nut behind the Wheel"...A great driver with an average car will almost always beat a average driver with a great car.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Thanx for the reply. did a search and the car is also available here in Europe. Was shocked about the price €399 that's about the same price you'll have to pay for an XrayT4. Fortunally I still have some time untill the new outdoor season start and make up my mind about any new TC
Old 12-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Thanx for the reply. did a search and the car is also available here in Europe. Was shocked about the price €399 that's about the same price you'll have to pay for an XrayT4. Fortunally I still have some time untill the new outdoor season start and make up my mind about any new TC
Here in the USA, the street price is $410 (approx. 300 euros). That is about $100 (70 euros) less than an Xray T4 2014. I happened to get the "Good Guy/Team Driver" price from my local hobby shop. I can't say what I paid, but it saved me enough to pay for a new servo and a set of tires.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mooby64
Here in the USA, the street price is $410 (approx. 300 euros). That is about $100 (70 euros) less than an Xray T4 2014. I happened to get the "Good Guy/Team Driver" price from my local hobby shop. I can't say what I paid, but it saved me enough to pay for a new servo and a set of tires.
Well I'm not a Team Driver so I'll have to pay the full price. But hey... no sweat, thats just the way things are For the same price I can buy also a S411, TC6.2 etc. and these are all respected brands with a lot of experience in the TC world. So I've to think really hard about this hahaha. Anyway The chassis does look great haha!!!!

Good luck with the chassis!!! Keep the posts on this thread alive
Old 12-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Well I'm not a Team Driver so I'll have to pay the full price. But hey... no sweat, thats just the way things are For the same price I can buy also a S411, TC6.2 etc. and these are all respected brands with a lot of experience in the TC world. So I've to think really hard about this hahaha. Anyway The chassis does look great haha!!!!

Good luck with the chassis!!! Keep the posts on this thread alive
I got the Team Driver price because I am the painter for my LHS. I currently have a TC5, TC6 and an Xray T3 2012. I was just looking for a project/X-mas present for myself.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mooby64
I got the Team Driver price because I am the painter for my LHS. I currently have a TC5, TC6 and an Xray T3 2012. I was just looking for a project/X-mas present for myself.
Well you got yourself a great xmas present hahaha!!! and a cool project too!!
In an earlier reply you mentioned "My local track owner was shocked at how close it was to an Xray T4."

Did you mean the looks of the TC10 compared to the T4 or the performance of the TC10!!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:34 AM
Tech Initiate

The new Durango? What kind of ESC do you choose?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Well you got yourself a great xmas present hahaha!!! and a cool project too!!
In an earlier reply you mentioned "My local track owner was shocked at how close it was to an Xray T4."

Did you mean the looks of the TC10 compared to the T4 or the performance of the TC10!!
Hi! The car is super easy to drive out of the box and fast too...
Old 12-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi! The car is super easy to drive out of the box and fast too...
Well the car sure looks great hahaha and believe you right away. Will team C going to compete the other companies in the batlle for world domination?? hahaha
Is this car going to compete in some major RC racing events?? Like ETS?? or
IFMAR
Old 12-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

I think some guys have been doing really good in Asia. Not sure what the plans are in the USA.
I race at a club level :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.