R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-19-2005, 11:58 AM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the updates Barry. Sucks for Jilles, but thats something he will never do again, so i guess thats somewhat a positive point for it
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:01 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Is it me, or is Xray trying some sort of psychological warfare by hypnotising rival drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagberg
Some pics from the race goes here
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:40 PM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

That sucks for jilles great run for xray congrats to marc.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
ok now with the race......today was a showcase of some great driving from most everyone.....Marc Reinhard drove flawlessly today and took the win...Simo proved yesterday wasnt a fluke and backed up yesterday with some good drives of his own and Jilles, what else can I say but bad luck again...He changed his whole car last night and forgot to weigh it this morning...He won his first heat but got DQ'd for being 4 grams light(ouch)then proceeded to win his next 3 races without that DQ he would have won the overall by 1 point but hey I guess we all learn a lesson from this....

my races today didnt go as planed....my some bad luck on my part but heck I did win 1 and got a second in one which put me 5th overall...not to bad for an old guy....LOL

I will post more when I get back for dinner cuz a fat guy needs to eat(alot)LOL...

Barry
You know, rules are written as guides with a spirit to them. Its to stop malice cheating and creat a fair playing field for everyone. The key word is SPIRIT of the rules. 4 grams too light? IMO, being that it take 28.6 grams to make an 1 oz, there was no advatage at all and it wasnt a malice cheating decision. Its sort of like the Highway Patrol giving you a ticket for 65.5 mph..you are legally violating the speedlimit but the Spirit of that law is to maintain safety of excessive speeds.
Jilles got cheated and the person that got first shouldnt really feel like he won..Just my .02 cents
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:15 PM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Barry, Your my hero
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:24 PM   #66
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIRACER
You know, rules are written as guides with a spirit to them. Its to stop malice cheating and creat a fair playing field for everyone. The key word is SPIRIT of the rules. 4 grams too light? IMO, being that it take 28.6 grams to make an 1 oz, there was no advatage at all and it wasnt a malice cheating decision. Its sort of like the Highway Patrol giving you a ticket for 65.5 mph..you are legally violating the speedlimit but the Spirit of that law is to maintain safety of excessive speeds.
Jilles got cheated and the person that got first shouldnt really feel like he won..Just my .02 cents
Where do you draw the line then, 4g, 5g, its got to be drawn somewhere and that is at 1500g. You can say a 1496g car would pass and a 1495g would fail with your rule, thats only 1g difference, and whats that between friends?!
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:15 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Quote:
You are kidding right??

If I was keeping a "Most Ridiculous Posts of 2005" list, this one would go straight to the top.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:49 PM   #68
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Not one Losi car that I have seen........

there are Xrays,Corrallys,Tamiyas,Yokomos,Hpi and Hot Bodies, and of course TC4's....I would have to say that Xray,Tamiya and Corrally have the biggest teams here but our European following has a good sized team here also...

Barry
Although a small team, Schumacher was in attendance

Cograts to Teemu Leino for a perfect score in the 3 A-Finals!!!!

Congrats to Marc, Barry (Team P-Dub Racing ) and Jilles for a great drive!
Old 06-19-2005, 07:52 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Rules are rules where do you stop 5 grams 10 it stinks i was pulling for jilles but we have to go by the guide lines no grey area 1 gram or 30 you have to draw a line and stay with that.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:48 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have to agree.....rules have to be followed, I would have definatly liked seeing xray win, but the race officials cant make judgement calls when a car is to lite, no matter how small the amount is.......
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:53 PM   #71
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I think that anybody who follows the racing circuit anywhere in the world knows how close Jilles came to winning these two RROC events, and I doubt anybody thinks any less of him because things didn't fall his way. Rules are rules and they have to be followed, or you have nothing!
Old 06-19-2005, 11:01 PM   #72
Tech Master

Quote:
I think the rules should always apply for the racers' sake and jilles' sake...if he had won with him having a car 4 grams lighter then i think he would probably get some sh!t for that. I'd rather lose for the sake of the rules than having people give me heat for a minor wight advantage. It's not like it was Jilles fault he forgot to weigh his car ( that's what i think i heard). Rules are rules and thye have to be enforced.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:31 PM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

even tho it didnt turn into an official win lol, Id sure like to know what the changes he made saturday nite were....
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:50 PM   #74
Tech Initiate

No matter wich way you look at it Marc won the race and deserved it. He had some bad luck in the past, too. He was kicked out of the A main at the Euros because his car was 0.5 mm too wide. Sooner or later Marc will have some bad luck again and Jilles or any other driver will take advantage of it.

So stop arguing and let's go racing.
brandbrainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:59 AM   #75
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A few sites with pics from the race:

http://www.e-image.dk
http://www.pbase.com/mark8700/grc
http://booze.serveftp.net