Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Exotek arms shattered >

Exotek arms shattered

Exotek arms shattered

Old 08-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Exotek arms shattered

Hey guys I installed these exotek front arms on my fgx and it went together great ...I left the car on the bench and a couple hours later came back to see the plastic just shattered....what causes this ? And has this happened to anyone else ??
Old 08-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Hey guys I installed these exotek front arms on my fgx and it went together great ...I left the car on the bench and a couple hours later came back to see the plastic just shattered....what causes this ? And has this happened to anyone else ??
If this was at home then I would say your wife doesn't like your r/c hobby.

If it was at the track you have mean friends.

Really I have no clue but I would ask Mike at exotek if he has heard of it. Email: [email protected]
Old 08-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

picture
Old 08-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

I'm definately gonna post a pic when I get home ....I have never seen anything like this lol ...thanks for the email
Old 08-23-2013, 10:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I don't have them for my FGX but I do run them on my F104 and in the instructions it mentioned heating them some before installing, do the FGX instructions say anything like that?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
I don't have them for my FGX but I do run them on my F104 and in the instructions it mentioned heating them some before installing, do the FGX instructions say anything like that?
Ya my instructions said IF cold heat up arms well i had the arms in the car all day and they were warm to touch and i pop the balls in them and it moved freely and everything was fine until a couple hours later.

Im pretty sure thats why they shattered ...if its a must the instructions should say this step is a must rather then if arms are cold...but nevertheless its my fault .

My point of starting this thread is what causes this?...why were they ok when they were installed and the balls easily popped in the hole and move very freely.

Does this piece continue to expand when its cold?....what properties arm in this material that cause this ? thats all im curious about.

Last edited by theatriks; 08-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Ya my instructions said IF cold heat up arms well i had the arms in the car all day and they were warm to touch and i pop the balls in them and it moved freely and everything was fine until a couple hours later.

Im pretty sure thats why they shattered ...if its a must the instructions should say this step is a must rather then if arms are cold...but nevertheless its my fault .

My point of starting this thread is what causes this?...why were they ok when they were installed and the balls easily popped in the hole and move very freely.

Does this piece continue to expand when its cold?....what properties arm in this material that cause this ? thats all im curious about.
Never heard of anything like that. Are you sure you don't have ghosts in the house?? Maybe they dropped the car off the counter and put it back lol.

Any way got your email and replied just now
Old 08-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Never heard of anything like that. Are you sure you don't have ghosts in the house?? Maybe they dropped the car off the counter and put it back lol.

Any way got your email and replied just now

Sweet ....i just sent you the pics lol ......beleive me im not imagining things lol
Old 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Kaema strikes yet again. ...