R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Exotek arms shattered (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/753439-exotek-arms-shattered.html)

theatriks 08-23-2013 09:06 AM

Exotek arms shattered

Hey guys I installed these exotek front arms on my fgx and it went together great ...I left the car on the bench and a couple hours later came back to see the plastic just shattered....what causes this ? And has this happened to anyone else ??

Travis S 08-23-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by theatriks (Post 12476556)
Hey guys I installed these exotek front arms on my fgx and it went together great ...I left the car on the bench and a couple hours later came back to see the plastic just shattered....what causes this ? And has this happened to anyone else ??

If this was at home then I would say your wife doesn't like your r/c hobby. :eek:

If it was at the track you have mean friends. :D

Really I have no clue but I would ask Mike at exotek if he has heard of it. Email: [email protected]

Cpt.America 08-23-2013 09:27 AM

picture

theatriks 08-23-2013 09:30 AM

I'm definately gonna post a pic when I get home ....I have never seen anything like this lol ...thanks for the email

JayL 08-23-2013 10:30 AM

I don't have them for my FGX but I do run them on my F104 and in the instructions it mentioned heating them some before installing, do the FGX instructions say anything like that?

theatriks 08-23-2013 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by JayL (Post 12476793)
I don't have them for my FGX but I do run them on my F104 and in the instructions it mentioned heating them some before installing, do the FGX instructions say anything like that?

Ya my instructions said IF cold heat up arms well i had the arms in the car all day and they were warm to touch and i pop the balls in them and it moved freely and everything was fine until a couple hours later.

Im pretty sure thats why they shattered ...if its a must the instructions should say this step is a must rather then if arms are cold...but nevertheless its my fault .

My point of starting this thread is what causes this?...why were they ok when they were installed and the balls easily popped in the hole and move very freely.

Does this piece continue to expand when its cold?....what properties arm in this material that cause this ? thats all im curious about.

MikeR 08-23-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by theatriks (Post 12476941)
Ya my instructions said IF cold heat up arms well i had the arms in the car all day and they were warm to touch and i pop the balls in them and it moved freely and everything was fine until a couple hours later.

Im pretty sure thats why they shattered ...if its a must the instructions should say this step is a must rather then if arms are cold...but nevertheless its my fault .

My point of starting this thread is what causes this?...why were they ok when they were installed and the balls easily popped in the hole and move very freely.

Does this piece continue to expand when its cold?....what properties arm in this material that cause this ? thats all im curious about.

Never heard of anything like that. Are you sure you don't have ghosts in the house?? Maybe they dropped the car off the counter and put it back :D lol.

Any way got your email and replied just now ;)

theatriks 08-23-2013 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR (Post 12477420)
Never heard of anything like that. Are you sure you don't have ghosts in the house?? Maybe they dropped the car off the counter and put it back :D lol.

Any way got your email and replied just now ;)

Sweet ....i just sent you the pics lol ......beleive me im not imagining things lol

HawaiiBob 08-23-2013 03:19 PM

Kaema strikes yet again. ...