R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/751760-atsushi-hara-leaving-hb-hpi.html)

EDWARD2003 08-16-2013 02:23 AM

Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI
 
Atsushi Hara is leaving HB-HPI !

See here http://rcracingtv.net/2013/08/atsush...eaving-hb-hpi/

Keith Yu 08-16-2013 02:33 AM


Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 (Post 12452537)
Atsushi Hara is leaving HB-HPI !

See here http://rcracingtv.net/2013/08/atsush...eaving-hb-hpi/

New car from Team MuchMore:sneaky:?

Burgermeister 08-16-2013 04:19 AM

Ooooooh ! How long has Hara been with HB ? It seems like forever

ravipratabb 08-16-2013 05:01 AM

That's good link.

txili 08-16-2013 05:05 AM

xray?

Skiddins 08-16-2013 05:20 AM


Originally Posted by txili (Post 12452707)
xray?

Doubt it.

rosko 08-16-2013 05:20 AM


Originally Posted by txili (Post 12452707)
xray?

He would fit nicely at xray or serpent. Hopefully xray, give mr hagberg a hand

rosko 08-16-2013 05:22 AM

Hell xray wants to win a worlds well heres a good chance

steveonamission 08-16-2013 05:37 AM

Team Awesomatix

wingracer 08-16-2013 06:01 AM

Well, he likes to run everything so Xray or Serpent would be great fits as they both make a car for all his favorite classes.

Or he could do the multi-platform deal. For example, Capricorn or Shepherd for nitro onroad, Yokomo or Tamiya for electric and Losi, Durango or JQ for nitro offroad. Not saying any of those would actually happen, just using for examples.

Ophidian 08-16-2013 06:37 AM

Something is up you don't leave a company 8 months after signing a 4 year extension.

scoyle 08-16-2013 06:38 AM

My biggest hope is that he does create his own brand like JQ and create a touring car and buggy under that brand - a big undertaking but Atsushi has a great name in the industry and would get a lot of backing... hopefully something exciting on the horizon.

EAMotorsports 08-16-2013 07:03 AM

I dont know that I see him creating his own thing. I know that his mechanic has left HB as well and it seems he is going with him where ever Hara goes. Hara races too many classes and has won WC's in different classes so it would be hard to do his own brand and compete in everything.

Durango perhaps? They have no 8th scale on road though and the Worlds are in the Asian block next year

Xray has it all but highly doubt they have the money to pay him like he would need to be paid.

Serpent was on the verge of bankruptcy a few years ago so I highly doubt they can afford him either although they can cover all the classes he races.

AE can do everything but 8th on road but they have a big payroll already with the Ryan's on board.

Kyosho is another company that can cover all his classes, is an Asian based company but they have a nice payroll too I am sure with Tebo and Cody King.

Going to be interesting to see what he does. Where ever he is I am sure of one thing.....He will be just as fast as he was before! He can drive anything and his mechanic is one of the best in the world.

EA

b-man777 08-16-2013 07:18 AM

Hey all: This is surprising news but it's Asushi Hara he will drive just as well with whatever brand(s) he chooses to go with. Also with Jesse Robbers Josh Alton Ty Tessman who only signed a one year deal deal for 2013 and now Hara where does this leave Hpi/HB at least on the racing side? Thanks :spidey:

TWILL 08-16-2013 07:18 AM

New contract??????
 

Originally Posted by Ophidian (Post 12452901)
Something is up you don't leave a company 8 months after signing a 4 year extension.

+1

wingracer 08-16-2013 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 12452973)
I dont know that I see him creating his own thing. I know that his mechanic has left HB as well and it seems he is going with him where ever Hara goes. Hara races too many classes and has won WC's in different classes so it would be hard to do his own brand and compete in everything.

Durango perhaps? They have no 8th scale on road though and the Worlds are in the Asian block next year He ran a Mugen in 2011, no reason he couldn't again.

Xray has it all but highly doubt they have the money to pay him like he would need to be paid. If anyone could afford him, it would be Xray. Their nitro onroad team is solid but could really use some more results in offroad and electric TC.

Serpent was on the verge of bankruptcy a few years ago so I highly doubt they can afford him either although they can cover all the classes he races.
They were bought out and seem to be doing fairly well now. What they need is results and Hara could provide that.

AE can do everything but 8th on road but they have a big payroll already with the Ryan's on board. Again, could run Mugen or something else again.

Kyosho is another company that can cover all his classes, is an Asian based company but they have a nice payroll too I am sure with Tebo and Cody King. True but losing Collari frees up a HUGE chunk of payroll.

Going to be interesting to see what he does. Where ever he is I am sure of one thing.....He will be just as fast as he was before! He can drive anything and his mechanic is one of the best in the world.

EA

See red. I'm leaning towards Mugen for nitro and free agent for electric. Mugen's loss of Fukuda and Swauger leaves a big hole on the onroad side and they have always loved guys that can do both like Kenji.

EDWARD2003 08-16-2013 07:42 AM

I would assume it would be Kyosho all the way.

artwork 08-16-2013 08:06 AM

This really does not come as a surprise to me... HB/HPI has struggled in the US for years and without people buying product you have to think at some point this would happen. The future for HB/HPI looks pretty dismal from the outside looking in.

I honestly think that Hara will end up at Xray...

But honestly who knows, but I am excited to see Hara considering other opportunities.

EAMotorsports 08-16-2013 08:06 AM


Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 12453077)
See red. I'm leaning towards Mugen for nitro and free agent for electric. Mugen's loss of Fukuda and Swauger leaves a big hole on the onroad side and they have always loved guys that can do both like Kenji.

Yep and agree with everything you posted as well. Very valid points on some of the key losses of other teams. Perhaps a bidding war will ensue! Lets put Hara on Ebay! Might be the most watched auction to ever hit Ebay!!

EA

artwork 08-16-2013 08:08 AM


Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 12453169)
Yep and agree with everything you posted as well. Very valid points on some of the key losses of other teams. Perhaps a bidding war will ensue! Lets put Hara on Ebay! Might be the most watched auction to ever hit Ebay!!

EA


I like this idea...The racers decide the future of the Pro drivers. Like Fantasy RC!

DarthRacer 08-16-2013 08:08 AM

Well, racing relationships don't last forever.

EAMotorsports 08-16-2013 08:09 AM


Originally Posted by artwork (Post 12453167)
This really does not come as a surprise to me... HB/HPI has struggled in the US for years and without people buying product you have to think at some point this would happen. The future for HB/HPI looks pretty dismal from the outside looking in.

I honestly think that Hara will end up at Xray...

But honestly who knows, but I am excited to see Hara considering other opportunities.

Me either. As I was reading the interview with him RedRC did at the last ETS race it seemed that he wasnt his normal self when talking about racing having to take a back seat while HB wanted him to do other things. Reading between the lines it almost seemed that they were wanting to cut back on his racing and get him more involved in the sales side or something different. Now with this coming out I would assume that there may be some truth to that.

Maybe he will be able to get something done and be at the IIC this year! He missed it last year and I think it was only the 2nd time he had missed one.

EA

kawi650 08-16-2013 08:16 AM

I would bet Kyosho too due to the vehicle lineup and the home country pride. If he does go Kyosho, hopefully they will put some more juice in their TC efforts. Seriously, when did the TF6 come out and where can you buy one in the US? :sneaky:

wingracer 08-16-2013 08:18 AM


Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 12453169)
Yep and agree with everything you posted as well. Very valid points on some of the key losses of other teams. Perhaps a bidding war will ensue! Lets put Hara on Ebay! Might be the most watched auction to ever hit Ebay!!

EA

I'd just like to be a fly on the wall at his place. I would love to see just who is calling him and what they are offering. :D

rosko 08-16-2013 08:26 AM

How does xray not have the budget?
they seem to be the new ae

Solara 08-16-2013 08:31 AM

Whatever way he want to go...he will be fine. But I have only 1 thing for him to say.....PLEASE GO RACE THE UPCOMING 1/8th ON ROAD WC at his home country JAPAN.............I can't believe he is not racing (so far...)after how good he did at the last WC in USA....

Please race 1:8 Hara-san............:cry:

syndr0me 08-16-2013 08:34 AM

XRay. There's a reason he went all the way to the last ETS at their place just to spectate. He didn't leave his job at HB without having something else lined up.

Hara is the best driver in the world. He's a threat to win the worlds in every single class in RC. Nobody else can even get close to claiming that.

You guys have seen their facility, right? Imagine moving Hara there to test. And if they can afford that, they can afford to add a pro driver to their payroll. They're actually pretty light when it comes to top pros.

EAMotorsports 08-16-2013 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by rosko (Post 12453224)
How does xray not have the budget?
they seem to be the new ae

Xray spends a lot of money investing back into their company to keep their production standards a capabilities very high. They are constantly updating their equipment and their facility is not that old either. I highly doubt its completely paid for. If you read the ETS reviews of the place from the season finally you can see just how impressive it is by all the reviews from the other pro guys to even the other team managers and Owners. The owner of Yokomo/Yataba Arena even attended the event to see their facility. It seems this is where they spend most of their money at the moment to be able to continue making all the products they do. I know that their eventual goal is to manufacture a race car for every major class out there racing. To do that is going to take serious money. If it didnt every one would be doing it.

They dont seem to spend a ton of money on Pro drivers except the ones they have now. Although I do hope they make the addition and he goes that direction but I see it as doubtful....The orange car would just clash too much with his Pink and black bodies! LOL

EA

Dan-Dan Team-X 08-16-2013 08:35 AM

I Doubt He Will Go With Kyosho.
AE No Way Can't See That Happen.
Hope He Goes With XRay Though (I Think It Be The Best Move) But I Think They Have Put All There Chips On Alex & There Not Going To Be Willing To Pay Him What He Wants.

Got A Feeling His Going Yokomo OR Maybe Tamiya Any One Want To Make A Little Bet LOL. But I Bet Yokomo

EAMotorsports 08-16-2013 08:36 AM


Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 12453255)
XRay. There's a reason he went all the way to the last ETS at their place just to spectate.

Hara is the best driver in the world. He's a threat to win the worlds in every single class in RC. Nobody else can even get close to claiming that.

You guys have seen their facility, right? Imagine moving Hara there to test. And if they can afford that, they can afford to add a pro driver to their payroll. They're actually pretty light when it comes to top pros.

I agree with all the above.

Xray wants to win a WC in every class they race in and Hara would give them the best chance at that!

The last part though see my post before yours. They probably can afford it but will they spend it where they normally dont is the question?

EA

Qatmix 08-16-2013 08:38 AM


Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 12453255)
XRay. There's a reason he went all the way to the last ETS at their place just to spectate. He didn't leave his job at HB without having something else lined up.

Hara is the best driver in the world. He's a threat to win the worlds in every single class in RC. Nobody else can even get close to claiming that.

You guys have seen their facility, right? Imagine moving Hara there to test. And if they can afford that, they can afford to add a pro driver to their payroll. They're actually pretty light when it comes to top pros.

I have to agree, that pairing would be pretty epic.

JLock 08-16-2013 08:47 AM

Where ever Hara ends up, it will be a big plus to that company's race team and product sales. Like someone said in a previous post, with Hara driving at a WC event, he puts your product in contention for a world championship no matter what he drives.

syndr0me 08-16-2013 08:48 AM


Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 12453265)
The last part though see my post before yours. They probably can afford it but will they spend it where they normally dont is the question?

If you want to win a 'road worlds and you can't get Marc or Ronald, then you get Hara. And unlike all those other guys (including the off-road guys), Hara might win you a worlds in 5 other classes because he's bored.

Imagine Hara at all the ETS races!

You could pay Hara's salary for 10 years with the cost of one CNC machine. :)

silden 08-16-2013 08:50 AM

He ran Martin's Xray for the dash for chash at the last round of the ETS
and Xray can afford Hara.
BTW I was suprised that he was not using Andys car for the Dash for chash.

On the end we will run for Amain and then he can choose any platform he wants.

jag88 08-16-2013 08:52 AM

How cool would it be to see him wheelin' an Awesomatic ! I think I read that they're working on and off road car too ... but I think they just don't have the money ...

EAMotorsports 08-16-2013 09:00 AM


Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 12453305)
If you want to win a 'road worlds and you can't get Marc or Ronald, then you get Hara. And unlike all those other guys (including the off-road guys), Hara might win you a worlds in 5 other classes because he's bored.

Imagine Hara at all the ETS races!

You could pay Hara's salary for 10 years with the cost of one CNC machine. :)

:lol: Very true on all points! And with some good ol' Syndrome humor too!

EA

kawi650 08-16-2013 09:01 AM


Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 12453257)
They dont seem to spend a ton of money on Pro drivers except the ones they have now. Although I do hope they make the addition and he goes that direction but I see it as doubtful....The orange car would just clash too much with his Pink and black bodies! LOL

EA

Based on color scheme, it's got to be 3 Racing. They already anodize everything pink for the Sakura. :lol:

masterhit 08-16-2013 09:01 AM

Tom Yokobori did swing by the airport to pick him up IIRCC when he went to the ETS final... :sneaky:

Fun discussion for sure!

Mike Slaughter

syndr0me 08-16-2013 09:03 AM

Yokomo isn't content winning everything, now they want the top 3!

EAMotorsports 08-16-2013 09:03 AM


Originally Posted by kawi650 (Post 12453351)
Based on color scheme, it's got to be 3 Racing. They already anodize everything pink for the Sakura. :lol:

LOL. Yea I wasnt serious about that but you called it first based on paint scheme alone!

3 Racing it is!

EA


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:28 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.