Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not to bring up an old thread.. But looks like Hara finished the WORST he has in TC Worlds ever - being last in the A-main vs. being in the top three. Unfortunately, there were no Hot Bodies representation in the top 10 either - being displaced by Xrays (just about the same amount of Tamiyas and Yokomos). When he was with HB, he seemed to be the "pace setter" or always be in contention for TQ or podium finish.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theclutch
Not to bring up an old thread.. But looks like Hara finished the WORST he has in TC Worlds ever
In 2006 (Italy) and 2010 (Germany) he was in the B IIRC.

Mike

Last edited by masterhit; 10-13-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

He said he was having difficulty adjusting from offroad to onroad. How long Is his yokomo contract? He needs to come back and rock the new pro5. A Hara purple edition would be nice.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

He also won a world championship with yokomo
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Didn't a Yokomo win? It clearly wasn't his car. I think maybe he has just been passed by.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Yes a yokomo did win Hara won the 2000 WC with a yokomo, I was just saying him not drving HB touring car is not the radon he struggled
Old 10-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kgombe
Yes a yokomo did win Hara won the 2000 WC with a yokomo, I was just saying him not drving HB touring car is not the radon he struggled
So in your opinion, what's the reason why he seemingly struggled then? He may have won the title FOURTEEN years ago with Yokomo, but I believe he was their #1 driver then with not much competition within that brand. Now, he is arguably 1 of 3 top Yokomo TC drivers (Naoto, Volker and Hara) or possibly more. When he was at HB, he was #1 with Andy Moore (no disrespect), a distant second.

So yeah, I think and in my opinion only he's struggling since he no longer has the sponsor's "focus" on him being #1. He's just one of many other fish in the Yokomo pond.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

You guys call making the Worlds A final struggling?

He came from racing 1/8th nitro buggy and straight to electric mod sedan against the best in the world and made the finals!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So in your opinion, what's the reason why he seemingly struggled then? He may have won the title FOURTEEN years ago with Yokomo, but I believe he was their #1 driver then with not much competition within that brand. Now, he is arguably 1 of 3 top Yokomo TC drivers (Naoto, Volker and Hara) or possibly more. When he was at HB, he was #1 with Andy Moore (no disrespect), a distant second.

So yeah, I think and in my opinion only he's struggling since he no longer has the sponsor's "focus" on him being #1. He's just one of many other fish in the Yokomo pond.
Imo, Hara is a sort of a test pilot. I wouldn't be surprised if his car was in box stock form. His reason for being with them is not to win races. Perhaps he has other plans. That's my hunch.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hara is an excellent driver both onroad and offroad. I just think things got waaaay more competitive versus 10-15 years ago. The racing scene is bigger and more professional. The teams have much bigger budgets now.

Back then, you had a lot less drivers and they usually ran more than one or two classes. These days you have guys that specialize just in touring car only, or in 1/8th buggy, etc.

The days of someone winning it all is over. I just think for Hara to be a top 3 worlds contender again, it would require more focus in only one or two classes. I could probably do better if I ran just one class too, but this hobby for me is all about fun, so I run a lot of classes.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

He was not there #1 driver at the time. It was Masami Hirosaka and I would consider that competition. Isn't he only contracted to Yokomo for certain races? I believe he is focusing more on Sworks and I think they might be planning a Touring Car at some point.

Here it is for anyone that wants to watch his first win.

ISTC 2000
Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
You guys call making the Worlds A final struggling?

He came from racing 1/8th nitro buggy and straight to electric mod sedan against the best in the world and made the finals!
That takes tons of talent and only a handful of guys could even pull that off. I know at least 110 guys plus that would love to struggle and make the A main at the Worlds, including myself.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

he isn't struggling IMO ..( i used struggled in my previous comment and maybe to strong a word) he is one of 2 people to have world championship in electric and gas.... the guys at this race primarily only races electric.. most only on-road.. and he is top 10 in the world no matter what class he enters.. minus this year in italy for 1/8...

try preparing for a 1/8 off road world championship then 2 weeks later a 1/10 on road WC.. he did very well to be top 10....

Last edited by kgombe; 10-13-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:51 PM

"The days of someone winning it all is over."

Hmmmm have to disagree with that....... 1 person can... Naoto Matsakura
Old 10-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You have to wonder what level of pressure the top drivers are under.

Fly all over the world, eat strange food, sleep in a strange bed different weather conditions ect with the requirement to perform at the highest level at every event.

And if you only just make the Main A at the worlds you are now off the pace.

IMO full credit goes to anyone that can make the main A at the worlds, they truly are the worlds best.

The top 10 drivers were all very good and any of them could have if the event went a little differently had a podium finish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.