Wiki Posts
Search

Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I dont know that I see him creating his own thing. I know that his mechanic has left HB as well and it seems he is going with him where ever Hara goes. Hara races too many classes and has won WC's in different classes so it would be hard to do his own brand and compete in everything.

Durango perhaps? They have no 8th scale on road though and the Worlds are in the Asian block next year He ran a Mugen in 2011, no reason he couldn't again.

Xray has it all but highly doubt they have the money to pay him like he would need to be paid. If anyone could afford him, it would be Xray. Their nitro onroad team is solid but could really use some more results in offroad and electric TC.

Serpent was on the verge of bankruptcy a few years ago so I highly doubt they can afford him either although they can cover all the classes he races.
They were bought out and seem to be doing fairly well now. What they need is results and Hara could provide that.

AE can do everything but 8th on road but they have a big payroll already with the Ryan's on board. Again, could run Mugen or something else again.

Kyosho is another company that can cover all his classes, is an Asian based company but they have a nice payroll too I am sure with Tebo and Cody King. True but losing Collari frees up a HUGE chunk of payroll.

Going to be interesting to see what he does. Where ever he is I am sure of one thing.....He will be just as fast as he was before! He can drive anything and his mechanic is one of the best in the world.

EA
See red. I'm leaning towards Mugen for nitro and free agent for electric. Mugen's loss of Fukuda and Swauger leaves a big hole on the onroad side and they have always loved guys that can do both like Kenji.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would assume it would be Kyosho all the way.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

This really does not come as a surprise to me... HB/HPI has struggled in the US for years and without people buying product you have to think at some point this would happen. The future for HB/HPI looks pretty dismal from the outside looking in.

I honestly think that Hara will end up at Xray...

But honestly who knows, but I am excited to see Hara considering other opportunities.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
See red. I'm leaning towards Mugen for nitro and free agent for electric. Mugen's loss of Fukuda and Swauger leaves a big hole on the onroad side and they have always loved guys that can do both like Kenji.
Yep and agree with everything you posted as well. Very valid points on some of the key losses of other teams. Perhaps a bidding war will ensue! Lets put Hara on Ebay! Might be the most watched auction to ever hit Ebay!!

EA
Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Yep and agree with everything you posted as well. Very valid points on some of the key losses of other teams. Perhaps a bidding war will ensue! Lets put Hara on Ebay! Might be the most watched auction to ever hit Ebay!!

EA

I like this idea...The racers decide the future of the Pro drivers. Like Fantasy RC!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Well, racing relationships don't last forever.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by artwork
This really does not come as a surprise to me... HB/HPI has struggled in the US for years and without people buying product you have to think at some point this would happen. The future for HB/HPI looks pretty dismal from the outside looking in.

I honestly think that Hara will end up at Xray...

But honestly who knows, but I am excited to see Hara considering other opportunities.
Me either. As I was reading the interview with him RedRC did at the last ETS race it seemed that he wasnt his normal self when talking about racing having to take a back seat while HB wanted him to do other things. Reading between the lines it almost seemed that they were wanting to cut back on his racing and get him more involved in the sales side or something different. Now with this coming out I would assume that there may be some truth to that.

Maybe he will be able to get something done and be at the IIC this year! He missed it last year and I think it was only the 2nd time he had missed one.

EA
Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

I would bet Kyosho too due to the vehicle lineup and the home country pride. If he does go Kyosho, hopefully they will put some more juice in their TC efforts. Seriously, when did the TF6 come out and where can you buy one in the US?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

EA
I'd just like to be a fly on the wall at his place. I would love to see just who is calling him and what they are offering.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

How does xray not have the budget?
they seem to be the new ae
Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Whatever way he want to go...he will be fine. But I have only 1 thing for him to say.....PLEASE GO RACE THE UPCOMING 1/8th ON ROAD WC at his home country JAPAN.............I can't believe he is not racing (so far...)after how good he did at the last WC in USA....

Please race 1:8 Hara-san............
Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

XRay. There's a reason he went all the way to the last ETS at their place just to spectate. He didn't leave his job at HB without having something else lined up.

Hara is the best driver in the world. He's a threat to win the worlds in every single class in RC. Nobody else can even get close to claiming that.

You guys have seen their facility, right? Imagine moving Hara there to test. And if they can afford that, they can afford to add a pro driver to their payroll. They're actually pretty light when it comes to top pros.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by rosko
How does xray not have the budget?
they seem to be the new ae
Xray spends a lot of money investing back into their company to keep their production standards a capabilities very high. They are constantly updating their equipment and their facility is not that old either. I highly doubt its completely paid for. If you read the ETS reviews of the place from the season finally you can see just how impressive it is by all the reviews from the other pro guys to even the other team managers and Owners. The owner of Yokomo/Yataba Arena even attended the event to see their facility. It seems this is where they spend most of their money at the moment to be able to continue making all the products they do. I know that their eventual goal is to manufacture a race car for every major class out there racing. To do that is going to take serious money. If it didnt every one would be doing it.

They dont seem to spend a ton of money on Pro drivers except the ones they have now. Although I do hope they make the addition and he goes that direction but I see it as doubtful....The orange car would just clash too much with his Pink and black bodies! LOL

EA
Old 08-16-2013, 07:35 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (80%+)

I Doubt He Will Go With Kyosho.
AE No Way Can't See That Happen.
Hope He Goes With XRay Though (I Think It Be The Best Move) But I Think They Have Put All There Chips On Alex & There Not Going To Be Willing To Pay Him What He Wants.

Got A Feeling His Going Yokomo OR Maybe Tamiya Any One Want To Make A Little Bet LOL. But I Bet Yokomo
Old 08-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by syndr0me
XRay. There's a reason he went all the way to the last ETS at their place just to spectate.

Hara is the best driver in the world. He's a threat to win the worlds in every single class in RC. Nobody else can even get close to claiming that.

You guys have seen their facility, right? Imagine moving Hara there to test. And if they can afford that, they can afford to add a pro driver to their payroll. They're actually pretty light when it comes to top pros.
I agree with all the above.

Xray wants to win a WC in every class they race in and Hara would give them the best chance at that!

The last part though see my post before yours. They probably can afford it but will they spend it where they normally dont is the question?

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.