Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI >

Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI

Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI

Old 01-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hara won the Worlds when he was with Yokomo...
Old 01-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
From the Yok site...

" Atsushi Hara will join the team Yokomo the first time in 13 years, activity determined as Yokomo Touring Car members the 2014 season! ! ETS will compete Germany tournament starting from January 31, February TITC Thailand, April ISTC pre-World, May ETS Austria, June ETS Luxembourg, July ETS final race Slovakia, in October World Championship. "
Sounds to me like he's going to be with yokomo for a while longer than people think. Sounds like a bit more than "a few ETS races" as was said before. I like the fit with him there. kinda just makes since. Will be interesting to see if he does keep running it after Worlds
Old 01-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Does practice for the 2nd ets race start friday? Any live info
Old 01-31-2014, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rosko View Post
Does practice for the 2nd ets race start friday? Any live info
Yes, mates on Facebook have put up a few pics of the track already.

Main results;
http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?pLa=en&tId=E&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=2047&dId[E]=13605

Keep an eye on here for info as it starts to come through;
http://ets.redrc.net/

Last edited by Skiddins; 01-31-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xrayaustin View Post
Sounds to me like he's going to be with yokomo for a while longer than people think. Sounds like a bit more than "a few ETS races" as was said before. I like the fit with him there. kinda just makes since. Will be interesting to see if he does keep running it after Worlds
ze german will not be happy
Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
ze german will not be happy
Why not?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Breaking satire:
http://onthetone.blogspot.com/2014/0...e-sponsor.html
Old 01-31-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like it's official. He's with Sworks. And he'll be driving the Yokomo BD7 in the ETS races + Worlds and nothing else on top of that so far. So we can assume he'll be making a touring car with Sworks.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

No he is with speedmaster who is a parent company of sworkz.

However saying that i guess his off rd endevours will be sworkz and whether he makes a TC with sworkz or this speedmaster brand time will tell
Old 02-01-2014, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PurcyP View Post
Who cares about Hara driving for yokomo for the ETS

im more interested in robert batlles TC debut! now that is interesting ...nice to have yokomo give him a drive for it too
Not going great for Robert so far, he's managed 16 laps in total after 3 runs and is currently 2nd last overall!
Hara isn't exactly living up to the expectations most people had.

Skiddins
Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Hara isn't exactly living up to the expectations most people had.

Skiddins
he hasnt raced on carpet since 2011,and the bd7 isnt doing as well this weekend,give him a chance
having said that they are all struggling with understeer except hagberg
Old 02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

seems to be a bit of a shake up this time round.. but hey ho makes things interesting.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

The track conditions aren't the usual carpet conditions here at the ETS. All cars had bad understeer in the beginning. When the car works in the long, fast corners it's hard to drive in the chicanes.

It's the first time for Hara with the BD7 on carpet and he told me he had understeer with his setup. He also tried the other teamdrivers their setup, but then the rear end was too lose for his driving style. He said needs to figure a setup that suits his driving style. But the track conditions are very special here at the ETS so it's no easy to start from a base setup.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
The track conditions aren't the usual carpet conditions here at the ETS. All cars had bad understeer in the beginning. When the car works in the long, fast corners it's hard to drive in the chicanes.

It's the first time for Hara with the BD7 on carpet and he told me he had understeer with his setup. He also tried the other teamdrivers their setup, but then the rear end was too lose for his driving style. He said needs to figure a setup that suits his driving style. But the track conditions are very special here at the ETS so it's no easy to start from a base setup.
I understand it's a learning curve. It's been a little comical/annoying the way all the different companies have 'blown their trumpets' every time he's won a small regional meeting in the far East, blowing away all the competition with their products.
At the ETS he has superb team mates and I'm sure he has 'access' to Umino for setup help as well.

My original guess for his quali position was 5th overall, though even I thought Volker would be first
Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Umino is wrenching for Hara and Volker at the ETS and I'm sure they'll find a good setup for the car

As I said, the track conditions are really weird over here. I'm running Hagberg's setup on my car, but it's not what you usually run on carpet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.