HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit >

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Old 11-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I've placed an order for some Kydex from McMaster-Carr, I've been meaning to shape some custom parts anyway since investing in TBR bumpers for most of my off-road cars anyway.

@Mariob62, having read your posts about parts breaking with "light contact" has me in disbelief. I used to race a pair of $99 RTR Exceed DriftKing's at my local club for 2 years before I moved up to TC6.0's. While I did experience an occasional break here and there with my Drift King's, I've never seen any break due to "light contact", it was because my car slammed into the wall at high speeds in excess of 20mph, In contrast, my pair of TC6's have proven to be significantly more durable, but they've seen their share of breaks too, there is no such thing as bullet proof plastic.

One tends to lose credibility in my eyes when they claim "light contact" broke their car. It's purely a speculative statement which doesn't provide any qualitative feedback as to what specifically caused the break... was the break caused due to poor quality or due to driver error? Pictures of broken parts also help provide clues to help designers remedy any potential flaws. What impresses me the most is how HoBao(OFNA) has since re-formulated more flexible plastic and shipped replacement parts free of charge to early adopters. That to me is the definition of a company who stands behind their product, and presents the type of company I would be willing to invest my hobby $$$ into

While I am not a HoBao(OFNA) sponsored driver, it's worth noting that I also race several of their Hyper 10 series cars and have been impressed with their quality of plastic with those designs already. I must admit that HoBao is not the "most durable" design on the track, but a consistent driver shouldn't have durability issues if they know how to follow a proper line. My Hyper's do a pretty decent job keeping up with the Losi's and the Tekno's in 4WD SC, and on rare occassion, one of my Hyper's actually take a local win.

You could probably find a more durable design to race, but chances are you will likely sacrifice performance. The hottest platform I see at the tracks in my area are XRay T4's, and they are probably the most delicate car too, some T4 drivers rarely go a full race day without at least 1 break... ouch!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

If any of you guys are interested I just posted up my H4E for sale just a heads up, here is the link. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...g-car-kit.html
Old 11-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

So is this car not comparable to the t4 14?
Old 11-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

i have just returned from a big indoor event, was running this thing with 17.5 blinky, managed to make mid in the B final, what was mostly made up with mi5's, t4 14's, a few tc6's and an awsomatix and AMC, didnt do too well as 1st final i crashed into someone, and waited for them to get back, but i was right behind him, and managed to get past, he was a t4 14 with a decent-ish driver

next final, i got taken out and took a large hit and cracked a C hub and steering arm, but was about 4th before this happened.

i started 3rd in the c, and really enjoyed the car, he is going fantastic, but wish it was a little more durable, the shocks were better and the spur gear wasnt in the way of the motor mount, but apart from that, he handles as good, if not better than my TRF 417V5

so to answer your question, it is comparable to a t4 14, but it depends on who is driving what car.

Last edited by samshirley00; 11-24-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: grammar nazi
Old 11-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samshirley00

TRF 44mm CVD's fit!
Sweet! I'm ordering some up
Old 11-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default track report

Ran the H4 17.5 sedan and an Associated 10R5.1 13.5 WGT today at our local track and it had a high bite black groove. I usually fight traction roll on high bite when driving hard. Other cars were rolling. I could throw the Hobao around and all 4 tires stayed planted. I could match my WGT best lap times almost to the .01 of a second. It was the fastest racing sedan by .3-.4 tenths. TQ'd and won by ~2 laps. Very impressive.

I let another good driver take a few laps and he said best sedan ever driven, that it's close to the response of a 1/12 scale car and so easy to drive. There was a national stock sedan title holder warming up for the upcoming Indoor Champs Race present and he was .2 slower. He was probably on spec tires to be fair.

I'm pretty sure there will be more green anodised sedans locally around here in the near future.

Broke no parts nor had any maintenance issues. The car is still as tight and smoooth as day one.

Anyone interested in an ERYX, S411TE, Associated 6.1 Worlds or a Shuey Mi5? They will be hard to sell locally now. Lol

Last edited by rcwck; 11-24-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Just had some time on the "New" Parts and I'm still Breaking those knuckles way too much. lost 2 in the first lap of a test run. the first time I was breaking hard and just touched a board. Wheel was not turned and I was slowing down. So put another new one in and broke it after full lock turn not under power but coasting.

So getting a larger bumper (which will not help with the turning ones) and hoping for better plastics in the next set I get
Old 11-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jdeadman
So getting a larger bumper (which will not help with the turning ones) and hoping for better plastics in the next set I get
The bumper will help in those crashes if you run a servo saver.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

I went through 2 front driveshafts last night. I think i see the reason why, if you look closely at the metal where they broke there are little white/ lighter bits. This is air in the casting proccess and makes them weak. Thats my theory anyway
Old 11-25-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

SHAVE YOUR AXLE STUBS !!! PROBLEM SOLVED !!!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
SHAVE YOUR AXLE STUBS !!! PROBLEM SOLVED !!!
If you're talking about the threaded axles sticking out past the wheel and snagging the boards that is not a problem with this car like on most other sedans. They do not stick out past the wheel but are actually a couple mm inboard from the outer edge of the wheel.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwck
Ran the H4 17.5 sedan and an Associated 10R5.1 13.5 WGT today at our local track and it had a high bite black groove. I usually fight traction roll on high bite when driving hard. Other cars were rolling. I could throw the Hobao around and all 4 tires stayed planted. I could match my WGT best lap times almost to the .01 of a second. It was the fastest racing sedan by .3-.4 tenths. TQ'd and won by ~2 laps. Very impressive.

I let another good driver take a few laps and he said best sedan ever driven, that it's close to the response of a 1/12 scale car and so easy to drive. There was a national stock sedan title holder warming up for the upcoming Indoor Champs Race present and he was .2 slower. He was probably on spec tires to be fair.

I'm pretty sure there will be more green anodised sedans locally around here in the near future.

Broke no parts nor had any maintenance issues. The car is still as tight and smoooth as day one.

Anyone interested in an ERYX, S411TE, Associated 6.1 Worlds or a Shuey Mi5? They will be hard to sell locally now. Lol
Curious, who is this national stock sedan title holder? I am curious how your car would run on Sweeps, Solaris, or Jacos. Next time I run w/ you, put these on or i'll let you borrow some of mine. I would like to compare apples to apples. not trying to disrespect, just really curious how that sedan would run w/ other tires.

you gonna be at the track tomorrow (Tuesday)?

see ya klunk
Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bigz84
Curious, who is this national stock sedan title holder? I am curious how your car would run on Sweeps, Solaris, or Jacos. Next time I run w/ you, put these on or i'll let you borrow some of mine. I would like to compare apples to apples. not trying to disrespect, just really curious how that sedan would run w/ other tires.

you gonna be at the track tomorrow (Tuesday)?

see ya klunk
Notice I didn't say what country.

I will bring some 8.4 second tars for you. Leo was running the same tire and I think his best was 8.7-8.8 and he finished second. I not interested in tuning for a different tire that I will never use.

Ted's been running the same tire with his T4 and he's been a few tenths behind and he's been the closest so far.

I will be there noonish with my toasty toes.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody know the part number for those TRF DCJ's? Gotta get me a set of those.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

42216 tamiya dcj

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.