HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Old 02-28-2015, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hipwell
may give that a try one day.

What shock positions and roll centers do you use for a high grip carpet circuit?

I'm running sorex 32s but sometimes the back end can get a little unstable Whereas my mates t4 15 seems planted constantly.
Sorry for the delay but instant email notification is not working again and I've been playing with quads lately.

The quickest and easiest fix is to go to 28s. I only use 32s when traction rolls become an issue.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

That was going to be y next question.

Today I ran on a very high grip carpet running 32s.

Car felt great but started getting bad traction roll, somebody told me to raise the front shock 1 notch which I did but that made it worse..
Old 03-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

That was going to be y next question.

Today I ran on a very high grip carpet running 32s.

Car felt great but started getting bad traction roll, somebody told me to raise the front shock 1 notch which I did but that made it worse..
Yeah, little adjustments will do nothing when it comes to traction rolling. I never experienced rolls with 32's. Some days I start with 28 and then go to 32 when the bite comes up if rolling starts. You might have to switch to 36 as the day progresses. You can try less front dope, turning down the steering, stiffening the front and being very smooth with the wheel. Some how you have to lose front bite/increase driving smoothness by tippy toeing around the track.

Lap times can be very fast if you can handle that traction with very smooth driving. No hard braking into the corners, no quick steering inputs and lotsa coasting around. I have managed that type of driving a couple of times and had the fastest times of the day, but it goes against my aggressive driving nature.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcwck
Yeah, little adjustments will do nothing when it comes to traction rolling. I never experienced rolls with 32's. Some days I start with 28 and then go to 32 when the bite comes up if rolling starts. You might have to switch to 36 as the day progresses. You can try less front dope, turning down the steering, stiffening the front and being very smooth with the wheel. Some how you have to lose front bite/increase driving smoothness by tippy toeing around the track.

Lap times can be very fast if you can handle that traction with very smooth driving. No hard braking into the corners, no quick steering inputs and lotsa coasting around. I have managed that type of driving a couple of times and had the fastest times of the day, but it goes against my aggressive driving nature.
Yeah, thats what i adjusted to doing, lap times never went up or down i just had to be alot smoother going into the corners, but like you, i am an aggressive driver which made it even worse so had to really tame things down.

Never though of turning down the steering, that might help a little.

I lowered the camber to 1 degree and changed the shocks, neither worked.

What springs do you run? Ive been running white all round which has been fine until today when i started rolling, however the track i ran today does have a crazy amount of grip.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, thats what i adjusted to doing, lap times never went up or down i just had to be alot smoother going into the corners, but like you, i am an aggressive driver which made it even worse so had to really tame things down.

What springs do you run? Ive been running white all round which has been fine until today when i started rolling, however the track i ran today does have a crazy amount of grip.
Stiffest springs, increasing droop all around, steering expo and no front toe out might help. Make sure you have no rebound in the shocks.. I'm still thinking with that sort of bite 36's would be your best bet or maybe Jaco blues.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Stiffest springs, increasing droop all around, steering expo and no front toe out might help. Make sure you have no rebound in the shocks.. I'm still thinking with that sort of bite 36's would be your best bet or maybe Jaco blues.
Which springs and wt oil do you run?

Also what shock positions do you run? Im 3rd hole from the top on the front and second hole from the top on the rear which is kit.

Ill have to order a set of 36's for next time im on that track, my regular track grip is medium so i never have rolling issues even on 28's.

Also - i havent broken a single part since making my kydex bumper and glueing it to my xray xtra stiff foam.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Which springs and wt oil do you run?

Also what shock positions do you run? Im 3rd hole from the top on the front and second hole from the top on the rear which is kit.

Ill have to order a set of 36's for next time im on that track, my regular track grip is medium so i never have rolling issues even on 28's.

Also - i havent broken a single part since making my kydex bumper and glueing it to my xray xtra stiff foam.
17.5 Sedan................

front/gray 20wt Associated, rear/white 25wt

top hole location: one outboard from most inboard, all shocks

bottom location: most outboard, all shocks

Note: Make sure all balls and cups are free movement. If snug give cups a squeeze with needle nose pliers.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

17.5 Sedan................

front/gray 20wt Associated, rear/white 25wt

top hole location: one outboard from most inboard, all shocks

bottom location: most outboard, all shocks

Note: Make sure all balls and cups are free movement. If snug give cups a squeeze with needle nose pliers.
Cool I might try that, but I run 13.5 boosted so settings will need to be different.

Do you run any shims under the suspension blocks? I'm currently tly running 1mm under the front front block.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Cool I might try that, but I run 13.5 boosted so settings will need to be different.

Do you run any shims under the suspension blocks? I'm currently tly running 1mm under the front front block.
Not on the 17.5 car. That car is dialed. I do run 1mm under the rear front block for less caster/ better turn into the corner for USGT car.

That's sure is different running a 13.5 open esc car on carpet. That would be a ROAR mod sedan class. Laying down that kind of power with rubber tires would be fun but difficult.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:55 PM
rjf
Tech Rookie

Use instant glue on outside face on front tyres, helps alot for traction roll.
And you can also add 0.5 - 1.0mm shims between hex and wheels to make front/rear wider.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rjf
Use instant glue on outside face on front tyres, helps alot for traction roll.
And you can also add 0.5 - 1.0mm shims between hex and wheels to make front/rear wider.
^^^ I used glue on front tires to stop traction rolling on super high bite carpet track near me (and it worked great!). I also stop using compound as well. Next I will try the shim method. The traction is so high that pan cars flip, I don't go there as much because of it, but before the end of the season I hope I figure it out with using glue because lots of the guys don't use it. I also think part of the reason is the spec tire too.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

I never thought of using glue, will try that.

And just realised, I was still using additive once the bite got higher which probably won't have helped matters.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Car was on fire tonight. kydex bumper and new gen parts, not broke a single front end part for ages now.

It's a shame sales of this thing aren't a bit better, parts support worries me, but I don't want to get rid.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

I ordered a bunch of parts from Gee Fly Hobby . Selection was good and shipping time was pretty good.

John K
Old 03-17-2015, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

I don't know much about your car. But typically when traction is high on carpet. you want to actually soften the suspension. If you stiffen the suspension the car will traction roll even more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.