Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys....thinking about getting back into TC racing after 7 years of being out of it. Really liking this platform, any suggestions on upgrades for this car, for when I order one? When I last raced..... lipos and brushless motors were only just being talked about. Going to have to learn more about those as well. Thanks for any info.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by canadianmeyhem
Hey guys....thinking about getting back into TC racing after 7 years of being out of it. Really liking this platform, any suggestions on upgrades for this car, for when I order one? When I last raced..... lipos and brushless motors were only just being talked about. Going to have to learn more about those as well. Thanks for any info.
Welcome aboard. If you wannna increase the durability, aluminum chubs and rear hubs. Some have fabricated a Kydex front bumper and have used two 25 x 3mm fhscs with a luck nut to secure the front bumper stuff. Those are the main items that come to mind. There are further details if you review the forum.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwck
Welcome aboard. If you wannna increase the durability, aluminum chubs and rear hubs. Some have fabricated a Kydex front bumper and have used two 25 x 3mm fhscs with a luck nut to secure the front bumper stuff. Those are the main items that come to mind. There are further details if you review the forum.
Thank you. I will add that to my list.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Has anybody in the UK recently bought one of these?

I just got one from modelsport but it came with the old style drive shafts. I have emailed them about it but haven't had a reply yet as it's the weekend.

I was just wondering if anybody else had a similar experience and if they did what was the result?
Old 11-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

After a long carpet oval enthusiasm I have decided to take a break from that and got one of these cars on order to race USGT I'm excited..

I was wondering if a mamba max pro will fit in this car, and a recommendation on a steering servo.

Thanks-Dave
Old 11-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gtxcowboy
After a long carpet oval enthusiasm I have decided to take a break from that and got one of these cars on order to race USGT I'm excited..

I was wondering if a mamba max pro will fit in this car, and a recommendation on a steering servo.

Thanks-Dave
That Mamba is huge and will hang out past the chassis a bunch. It should fit but you might have to put the Rx on your servo.

Many use a low profile servo like the Spektum or Savox. ProTek R/C 160SS is the best I have found if your budget allows. Just make sure you use a servo saver.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
Having my first run this Saturday night at my local outdoor asphalt track in 13.5 looking forward to it........
Old 11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

if anyone cares I finally got my diff' to stop leaking.

It was leaking from the outdrives ...i had originally thought it was the main seal and thus only focused on that area. Anyway, fixed. (thanks to the helpful tips on this thread).
Old 11-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c

It was leaking from the outdrives ...i had originally thought it was the main seal and thus only focused on that area. Anyway, fixed. (thanks to the helpful tips on this thread).
What exactly did you have to do?
Old 11-20-2014, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eR1c

How did you fix it? Did you buy bigger o rings for the outdrives? If so do you have a part number?

Did anybody elses come with a spare spool spindle? I opened mine up t find a spare 38t pulley holder laying in the box..Its slightly beefed up compared to the other one in the packet with the spool.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtxcowboy
What exactly did you have to do?
I think everyone is putting bigger orings in. stock is 5x2mm. I'm going to try a 4.4x2mm. I'm hoping the extra snugness will help seal around the outdrive.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hipwell
Has anybody in the UK recently bought one of these?

I just got one from modelsport but it came with the old style drive shafts. I have emailed them about it but haven't had a reply yet as it's the weekend.

I was just wondering if anybody else had a similar experience and if they did what was the result?
I am not in the UK, but had a similar situation with the one I bought a few months ago from a US supplier. I took the issue directly to OfnaUSA but did not really get much support there. It took quite a few emails to even get them to commit to which version drive shaft was the new one, and quite honestly by time I was able to confirm what was what, I had already bought replacements 2X over and was so frustrated with the whole thing that I didn't even have it in me to try to take them to task on it any further. I never asked the retailer to do anything as I felt it was Ofna's responsibility, especially since they insisted that there were no old versions out there for purchase still. Well... no so much it turned out.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bdemegs
I am not in the UK, but had a similar situation with the one I bought a few months ago from a US supplier. I took the issue directly to OfnaUSA but did not really get much support there. It took quite a few emails to even get them to commit to which version drive shaft was the new one, and quite honestly by time I was able to confirm what was what, I had already bought replacements 2X over and was so frustrated with the whole thing that I didn't even have it in me to try to take them to task on it any further. I never asked the retailer to do anything as I felt it was Ofna's responsibility, especially since they insisted that there were no old versions out there for purchase still. Well... no so much it turned out.
Sorry to hear that mate, were your replacement drive shafts the new ones?

I took it up directly with CML who are our importers and they have kindly shipped out some fresh driveshafts which have come to them straight from hobao so i can only assume are going to be the new versions.

Er1c, care to shed any light on the diff? Ive read tons of posts about the leaking diff but nobody has a part number for the o rings which fixed it.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hipwell
Sorry to hear that mate, were your replacement drive shafts the new ones?

I took it up directly with CML who are our importers and they have kindly shipped out some fresh driveshafts which have come to them straight from hobao so i can only assume are going to be the new versions.

Er1c, care to shed any light on the diff? Ive read tons of posts about the leaking diff but nobody has a part number for the o rings which fixed it.
thanks, all is well, the new revision have held up fine so far. these are the correct 3rd revision ones.
HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit-20140801_083902%5B1%5D-1024x768-.jpg

oh and just to add to the diff conversation, I've not have any issues with leaking diffs, maybe i was lucky. I will admit it was a bit of a task to get the o-ring to sit in place nicely during assembly, some associated green slime did a nice job holding things in place when i put mine together.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Thank. My new shafts arrived today and I can confirm they are the new ones.

I won't be building it until boxing day but I can't wait now.

Might try and pick up a few hop ups in the mean time if I get any spare cash.

I've got a tube of green slime so I'll bang a load of that on around all the o rings while I'm building the rear diff.

Tbh it's not a huge issue as long as it doesn't dump all the oil in one go, diff looks easy enough to get at and rebuild anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.