R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #16
Tech Regular

I have a set of Speedmind warmers that work good. You can find warmers on Ebay real cheap. I bought my set for 18.00 on Ebay.
nw racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:44 PM   #17
Tech Elite

I have the Reedy ones and the Much More ones. They both do a great job. The Reedy ones you need to use a battery, where the Team Much More you can use your power supply and adjust with the adjuster. Not sure but I think you can use a battery with the much more ones too since you need the adjuster hooked up and purchased seperate.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just picked up a used set of Reedy's on ebay for $30 w/shipping, shop around.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:24 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard hudson
tire warmers do one thing. Can anyone guess what it is ???
Most all the Invite guys at the Reedy Race were using them to "bake" in Tire Tweak.

Jeff
Old 06-14-2005, 08:23 AM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

For the price nothign beats the Trinity ones.

They work like they are suppost to and can be set for different front and rear temps.
They make life a lot easier.
If I have an extra $130 I would get the Yokomo ones. You can email Steve Wang from www.speedtechrc.com He can get them strait from Yokomo USA in a mear couple of days as long as Yokomo USA has them he gets them quick. I have seen a set at a LHS but not that often.
Those Yok ones are way dialed. I might have to sell my Trinity ones and a few extra parts and get some. Any takers? I have a GM Commander with a temp sensor and has the most current CPU and can charge li-po's as well as NiMh?
Well there is my $0.02
-Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Default yokomo? not worthit-komo

i don't think the yokomo super duperomo tyre warmers are worth it people. seriously i don't think being able to adjust right o left temps by0.1 of a degrees is a big deal. you loose heaps of heat getting it to the track anyway.

just get something like the trinity warmers anything that can be adjusted front to rear is fine. in winter i just pump the tyres up to 70 degrees celcius and use it to bake the traction compound into the tyres and to make them inststantly ready for when i hit the track.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey everyone thanks for the feedback. Looks like I will be making a decision between the Yokomo and the Trinity warmers.

Keith
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

I had a set of the Alex Racing Tyre warmers which were identical to the MMR warmers and weren't temperature controlled. I didn't really like them too much as they didn't HUG the tyre completely around and would fall off, so you'd have to squeeze them so that they would stay on the tyre, hence getting an uneven level of heat around the tyre. Since then... I've sold those and bought a set of the Eagle Racing Thermally Controlled (front and rear) Tyre warmers which are a belt type, meaning that you can get perfect heat distribution across the entire tyre, plus its easier to put that bit of material between the warmer and rubber that some of us do. Wasn't that expensive either, but my biggest complaints with it are:

- quite short wires to 12V
- quite short wires to each of the warmers
- relay's in control box are noisy

Aside from that... very happy with them! I'd tried Trinity's warmers as well, but didn't like them much at all and sold them. Overall, I rate my Alex Racing warmers higher then the Trinity. Not worth the money. Either go Yoke for the uber wank factor, for Eagle for the more cost effective option. Of course... this is only my opinion though, and plenty of other will disagree with it probably.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:58 PM   #24
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Alonso
I had a set of the Alex Racing Tyre warmers which were identical to the MMR warmers and weren't temperature controlled. I didn't really like them too much as they didn't HUG the tyre completely around and would fall off, so you'd have to squeeze them so that they would stay on the tyre, hence getting an uneven level of heat around the tyre. Since then... I've sold those and bought a set of the Eagle Racing Thermally Controlled (front and rear) Tyre warmers which are a belt type, meaning that you can get perfect heat distribution across the entire tyre, plus its easier to put that bit of material between the warmer and rubber that some of us do. Wasn't that expensive either, but my biggest complaints with it are:

- quite short wires to 12V
- quite short wires to each of the warmers
- relay's in control box are noisy

Aside from that... very happy with them! I'd tried Trinity's warmers as well, but didn't like them much at all and sold them. Overall, I rate my Alex Racing warmers higher then the Trinity. Not worth the money. Either go Yoke for the uber wank factor, for Eagle for the more cost effective option. Of course... this is only my opinion though, and plenty of other will disagree with it probably.

simon.. long time not talk homie! "uber wank" ? im gonna have to find a way to use that adjective!

the yokomo tire warmers have the same size "cups" as th alex racing. i spoke with robert itoh at yokomo usa when i received mine. he said to wrap the tire in a blue shop papertowel.. then place the cup on the tire. this will do two things:

1. it will "bake" the traction compound in (when baking of course) and not get any sauce/compound on the cup itself (yokomo cups is metal inside). so basically you dont get fried gunk on your warmer cups from the compound

2. these cups were designed back in the day and i guess tires were bigger back then? so by placing the blue shop paper towel, it'll make up the difference in size and make for a snug fit. i usually take one shop towel and cut 4 strips. the strips are about as wide as two tires and i wrap it around the tire having it overlap by 1/4 - 1/2 of an inch. (2-3cm)

hope that helps.

- chris
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Yeh... has been a while!

The Alex Racing warmers are aluminium on the inside as well and I did try that, but there seemed to be an excessive size difference between the warmer and the tyre. Now that I have my Eagle warmers, I've been using t-shirt material (plain white bonds cotton to be exact ) and thats been working fine. It still absorbs a lot if not all of the goop yet still transfers the heat nicely.

BTW - "uber wank" is a fantastic term to use, I highly recommend it.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:41 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap

I use the Trinity with the digital temperature control. Got them second hand and been very pleased with them, but might need to look at replacing the cups soon as they are starting to get out of shape.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote