Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hudy's response to a scratched product >

Hudy's response to a scratched product

Hudy's response to a scratched product

Old 08-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Questions?? Hudy's response to a scratched product

Hi Guys I have always bought hudy products because I like the quality and the tools etc. themselves. I recently bought a hudy setup station and three of the alloy uprights came scratched out of the box.

Its a bit of a crappy photo but it's clearly evident in the light. This was just one, now I'm a pedantic person and I like to keep all my tools etc. in top condition.

So I emailed them you know since they have the most expensive setup station on the market I would have thought quality was clearly a factor as that's what you pay for right...

This was the reply:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and your interest in HUDY products. We buy the material that may have some light scratches and we also notice that in manuals. We are sorry to hear your disappointment, however please note that we do not offer our products as scratch-free because in that case we would have to select every single piece which will be labour and resources demanding and then of course the price would be higher as well.

If we can help you in any other way, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you or help you out.

HUDY"

I'm a manufacturing engineer and we buy our parts in and we make sure that they are in satisfactory condition!!!

I would like to know your thoughts am I being unreasonable ?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulpetti
Hi Guys I have always bought hudy products because I like the quality and the tools etc. themselves. I recently bought a hudy setup station and three of the alloy uprights came scratched out of the box.

Its a bit of a crappy photo but it's clearly evident in the light. This was just one, now I'm a pedantic person and I like to keep all my tools etc. in top condition.

So I emailed them you know since they have the most expensive setup station on the market I would have thought quality was clearly a factor as that's what you pay for right...

This was the reply:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and your interest in HUDY products. We buy the material that may have some light scratches and we also notice that in manuals. We are sorry to hear your disappointment, however please note that we do not offer our products as scratch-free because in that case we would have to select every single piece which will be labour and resources demanding and then of course the price would be higher as well.

If we can help you in any other way, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you or help you out.

HUDY"

I'm a manufacturing engineer and we buy our parts in and we make sure that they are in satisfactory condition!!!

I would like to know your thoughts am I being unreasonable ?
In a word, yes.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'll PM you my address, just ship them over and you won't have to deal with this anymore.

Thanks,

(I do see the scratches, and understand that you bought them brand new but to me they just don't matter a bit)
Old 08-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What makes this odd is why do Integy, and other China manufactures are dent free???

I'm glad to see that there going to replace the product and make it right.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As soon as you screw your car to those things they will get some more scratches. Don't worry too much about it.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr RCTech
What makes this odd is why do Integy, and other China manufactures are dent free???
Because they don't put any of their money into quality in the first place. They probably get lucky with QC when they ship

That's the first instance of a Hudy product that I have seen with a problem.

Skiddins
Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

is the finish scratched off, or is the metal underneath the finish just scratched/gouged? it's hard to tell from the picture.
if the finish is fine, I say don't worry about it. if the finish is scratched, and they're willing to exchange for a scratch free then go for it. the only reason I'd be worried is if the finished is scratched, it could lead to more paint possibly coming off in the future.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

I didnt see any marks without your circles. Thats really not a big deal though. If it was through the anodizing maybe......
Old 08-09-2013, 07:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mr RCTech

I'm glad to see that there going to replace the product and make it right.
I'll take a Hudy setup station with a scratch on it over a pristine Integy one any day of the week.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Unreasonable?

IMHO
Yes.

Perhaps the time spent creating and responding to this thread could have been better spent.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
I'll take a Hudy setup station with a scratch on it over a pristine Integy one any day of the week.
+1
Old 08-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

They look fine to me. Those parts are probably machined or laser cut from flat stock, so the surface finish will never be 100% perfect, as those surfaces arent machined. It's not like there are big scratches in the anodising.

Use them, and enjoy.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Hudy

Bummer about the scratches but at the end of the day they will in no way affect how they work. This is a tool not a show piece!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

2 weekends at the track and they'll have more scratches than that. I wouldn't be worried about it at all.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Seriously? I can barely see any scratches whatsoever...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.