R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

so is the orca 21.5 not raor approved yey ????
Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
I don't think ROAR has approves any ORCA motor's! I think ROAR may have tighten the approval window so tight it is really slowing down the approval processs.

http://localrcracing.freeforums.org/
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
Dude comon man I am a smooth driver I carry corner speed I beat cars in the infield I loose down the straights. I am not new to RC brushless yes RC no my cars are well maintained!
If you were here those are dueling words. No it isn;t Comical in 21.5 some motor can push a touring car and some motors can only push an F1 car or a monster truck! Many 21.5 motor werenot designed for touring car racing. Intill recently most 21.5 motors were built for crawlers or F1 cars not touring cars and If you don't share some info things will take more time to develop. I see you are a arrogant a$$.
Sonic motors are very fast in a F1 car. I have yet to see a motor faster then a D3 in 21.5 GT. So if faster motor threads are usless the D3.5 would still be legal there must be something too some motors are faster then others!!!IMAO
So you Carry on Mate
Brian, I'll swap you motors for the day, if you think that's the problem. The plastic car is probably .2-.3 per lap slower than a carbon fiber car (a 417), but they aren't TCS legal for GT3 so I don't own one. FWIW, except the tires, I had the only "legal" GT3 car at the track (legal as in all Tamiya and able to pass Tamiya tech).

FWIW, I run Thunderpower w/ the green rotor and 30-31 degrees of timing. If I didn't have that motor, I'd run the Reedy Mach II. Also using a HW Justock.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #64
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Brian, I'll swap you motors for the day, if you think that's the problem. The plastic car is probably .2-.3 per lap slower than a carbon fiber car (a 417), but they aren't TCS legal for GT3 so I don't own one. FWIW, except the tires, I had the only "legal" GT3 car at the track (legal as in all Tamiya and able to pass Tamiya tech).

FWIW, I run Thunderpower w/ the green rotor and 30-31 degrees of timing. If I didn't have that motor, I'd run the Reedy Mach II. Also using a HW Justock.
I'm looking forward to it get ther early Saturday I will be setting up the track and you can try my Mach2 and see how it is. Its in my 6.1 Im selling.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Dude comon man I am a smooth driver I carry corner speed I beat cars in the infield I loose down the straights. I am not new to RC brushless yes RC no my cars are well maintained!
If you were here those are dueling words. No it isn;t Comical in 21.5 some motor can push a touring car and some motors can only push an F1 car or a monster truck! Many 21.5 motor werenot designed for touring car racing. Intill recently most 21.5 motors were built for crawlers or F1 cars not touring cars and If you don't share some info things will take more time to develop. I see you are a arrogant a$$.
Sonic motors are very fast in a F1 car. I have yet to see a motor faster then a D3 in 21.5 GT. So if faster motor threads are usless the D3.5 would still be legal there must be something too some motors are faster then others!!!IMAO
So you Carry on Mate
How am I an arrogant ass? Because we don't share the same opinion? If what I said is "dueling words" to you, you should consider taking a step back from the toy cars.

Comparing a D3.5 based motor to a LEGAL motor of the same turn is a joke. But that's a dead horse that doesn't really matter anymore.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Note guys: The D3.5 - 21.5 is ROAR legal. Roar has changed how they list approvals to the ROAR forums on their site. So you need the old list plus the motors listed there.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #67
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Yes as old dude said the d3.5 was legalized after the others were taken off the list. It was tested and approved on the new equipment and was never anything wrong with it at all. It was never in question.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Graham, I believe the older Orca RX2 motors are approved but only up to 17.5 turns and not 21.5.
The newer Orca motors are "ROAR Spec" which means they are built to ROAR specs but are not actually approved by ROAR as yet.

(Of course this is only my speculation from the research that I have done, if there's anyone else that would like to add/clarify this information please feel free to do so.)

If you wanted to use a older RX2 21.5 at CC I believe that would also fall under the "sister" motor rule? But checking up with Trev first would be a good thing to do of course.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #69
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
Graham, I believe the older Orca RX2 motors are approved but only up to 17.5 turns and not 21.5.
The newer Orca motors are "ROAR Spec" which means they are built to ROAR specs but are not actually approved by ROAR as yet.

(Of course this is only my speculation from the research that I have done, if there's anyone else that would like to add/clarify this information please feel free to do so.)

If you wanted to use a older RX2 21.5 at CC I believe that would also fall under the "sister" motor rule? But checking up with Trev first would be a good thing to do of course.

Cheers
Rob.
The TX has been submitted to ROAR in all winds but has of yet been approved. They said there is a huge back log of motors to be approved at ROAR right now and only one person does the approvals. So with him being backed up, having a full time day job as well it takes some time. Hopefully we get everything approved and its on the list here very soon though including the 21.5 that is so awesome!

EA
Old 08-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Its been 10 since roar's last published approval. And that was the new $120 orion vortex line of motors .
Not even going to think of buying that to test.
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thanks guys for clarifing the orca brand
Old 08-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #72
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FL_SilverEvo8

Quote:
I run a Tekin gen2 21.5 Torque model and it is .2 off a a Revtech D3 21.5. What do you gear your Tekin and is it a Gen1 or Gen2? I also run a hobbywing Just stock too.
It's a Gen2 Tekin 21.5RPM with the end bell at 30. I could take the timing up to 40 but it's fine where it's at. My gearing is 104t spur and 44t pinion with a internal gear of 1.7 = 4.01 FDR

I run a D3.5 21.5 in my TRF101(F-1 car) and it fly's.
FL_SilverEvo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #73
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FL_SilverEvo8

ROAR had a problem with the D3.5 17.5 motor only. All the other Turn motors where fine. It was just the 17.5 they had the problem with. So the 21.5 is allowed and so on.
FL_SilverEvo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #74
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8 View Post
It's a Gen2 Tekin 21.5RPM with the end bell at 30. I could take the timing up to 40 but it's fine where it's at. My gearing is 104t spur and 44t pinion with a internal gear of 1.7 = 4.01 FDR

I run a D3.5 21.5 in my TRF101(F-1 car) and it fly's.
I also have the timing at 30* but since my Tekin is a Torque model I have Mine geared 3.89. I race tomorrow I hope to see better performance levels. I didn't see the D3.5 21.5 on the ROAR approved motor list when I looked a month ago? Revtech D3's are on the ROAR list.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #75
Team EAM

Quote:
I also have the timing at 30* but since my Tekin is a Torque model I have Mine geared 3.89. I race tomorrow I hope to see better performance levels. I didn't see the D3.5 21.5 on the ROAR approved motor list when I looked a month ago? Revtech D3's are on the ROAR list.
Its there. Look at the ROAR forum section under 21.5 and its there and was the first motor approved under the new testing methods.

EA