Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy's response to a scratched product

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Must not be too busy at work if you are worried about that. TOTALLY UNREASONABLE! Looking to get something for free? Wow! Can't believe you posted that.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't think it's unreasonably to expect a product from a luxury brand to not have cosmetic flaws when you pay easily double for it. Nothing I've ever purchased from them has been scratched up out of the package. The whole reason Hudy and XRay are who they are is because they make no compromises on quality.

Anyway, that said, my Hudy setup stuff is scratched all to hell from years of use. It will happen quickly. If you think you're going to take them apart each time and put them away in your pretty case, you won't use them often. I keep mine assembled and in a dedicated section of my pit box. They're tools. Tools never look pretty for long.

It's disappointing they came pre-scratched, but it's probably not worth the trouble of holding their feet to the fire. XRay has an army of 1 million nuthuggers ready to defend them online, so you're not going to get a fair response here. And if you do manage to get replacements, they're going to look just like the ones you've got now if you actually use them.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

RC is full of people who couldn't draw a rainbow with a jumbo box of Crayolas. Don't expect anybody here to have much sense of style. It's mostly gir 'r done, run what yah brung type stuff.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

look more like rubs than scratches. I wouldn't have sent a note.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
I'll take a Hudy setup station with a scratch on it over a pristine Integy one any day of the week.
I agree, just making a point on the cheaper China brands.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I don't think it's unreasonably to expect a product from a luxury brand to not have cosmetic flaws when you pay easily double for it. Nothing I've ever purchased from them has been scratched up out of the package. The whole reason Hudy and XRay are who they are is because they make no compromises on quality.

Anyway, that said, my Hudy setup stuff is scratched all to hell from years of use. It will happen quickly. If you think you're going to take them apart each time and put them away in your pretty case, you won't use them often. I keep mine assembled and in a dedicated section of my pit box. They're tools. Tools never look pretty for long.

It's disappointing they came pre-scratched, but it's probably not worth the trouble of holding their feet to the fire. XRay has an army of 1 million nuthuggers ready to defend them online, so you're not going to get a fair response here. And if you do manage to get replacements, they're going to look just like the ones you've got now if you actually use them.
RC is full of people who couldn't draw a rainbow with a jumbo box of Crayolas. Don't expect anybody here to have much sense of style. It's mostly gir 'r done, run what yah brung type stuff.
Quoted for truth, though I do disassemble my setup tools and reassemble prior to use.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies I guess I'm being unreasonable it will get scratched in a weekend anyway

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Must not be too busy at work if you are worried about that. TOTALLY UNREASONABLE! Looking to get something for free? Wow! Can't believe you posted that.
although this was a silly comment when did I say I wanted something for free I wanted something I purchased replaced
Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I wouldnt worry at all about those cosmetic things. The hudy stuff works thats all that matters to me.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

This is so true. You pay for luxury and that is what you expect. If you go to the dealer and buy a Ferrari. If it is scratched from the dealer, I bet the dealer makes good on it. I don't think he is unreasonable for that reason. However tools are tools and will get scratched.

That said. I just bought a used Hudy setup station with some scratches. It is more precise than my Integy setup station. Well I will now be selling my Integy setup station that still looks brand spanking new.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A Ferrari is a terrific running Car just like an Xray T4, but I don't think we Care if the alignment tool that made the Ferrari go straight is scratch free, and so we shouldn't Care about scratches on a hudy tool unless it fails to make your T4 go straight !!!!!!! Keep the OCD in Check son !!!!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Pulpetti
Thanks for the replies I guess I'm being unreasonable it will get scratched in a weekend anyway

although this was a silly comment when did I say I wanted something for free I wanted something I purchased replaced
Or money back......
Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyujmn
2 weekends at the track and they'll have more scratches than that. I wouldn't be worried about it at all.
+1

scratch is hardly visible
Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have to disagree with most of you here. The point of buying something new (regardless of price point) is the fact that it's new. Any tool will get nicked and scratched from use. As a RC hobbyist and mechanic hobbyist, I want my tools NEW and unscratched when I pay for new and unscratched tools. Raise your hand if you'd pay 100% new asking price for any new vehicle that was scratched or dented. If you raised your hand, I have a bridge for sale....
Old 08-10-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exactly. If I was sinking the sort of dollar that Hudy ask for their stuff, I'd expect it to be perfect. Same with anything from any brand. If its defective (either physically or cosmetically), I'd expect a discount/refund/replacement.

Thats why Tower call it a ''scratch and dent'' sale, not ''brand spanking new'' sale.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
Exactly. If I was sinking the sort of dollar that Hudy ask for their stuff, I'd expect it to be perfect. Same with anything from any brand. If its defective (either physically or cosmetically), I'd expect a discount/refund/replacement.

Thats why Tower call it a ''scratch and dent'' sale, not ''brand spanking new'' sale.
AGREED !
when i pay the kind of money that Hudy asks for their products, that gives me the right to damage it myself in my own time...if i want items from a scratch and dent sale then i will order as such. when i want new and pristine ..then i pay Hudy's price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.