Like Tree1Likes

Tamiya TB04 Pro

Old 04-02-2015, 05:50 AM
  #1126  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

try a drop of CA glue on either side of the metal c-spring on the servo saver... hths
VooDooPH is offline  
Old 04-03-2015, 05:15 PM
  #1127  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
Samich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VooDooPH View Post
try a drop of CA glue on either side of the metal c-spring on the servo saver... hths
Thanks for the tip. I yanked it and threw on a regular horn and now its much better. I'll try the glue, but if that doesn't work I'll just throw a kimbrough on there.
Samich is offline  
Old 04-07-2015, 04:19 PM
  #1128  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 46
Default

New TB-04R version: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/84412/index.htm

Hayling is offline  
Old 04-07-2015, 04:32 PM
  #1129  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (78)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,251
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default

Interesting. From the vague description one could conclude that it comes with the keyedsplit blocks from the 419.

Otherwise it's a TB04 Pro II with carbon infused suspension, roll bars and big bore dampers
Raman is offline  
Old 04-07-2015, 07:01 PM
  #1130  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Interesting. From the vague description one could conclude that it comes with the keyedsplit blocks from the 419.
I read that too. It's possibly a completely new moulding if the case. Perhaps plan is to change over all TCs to the new style? Expensive change for little benefit on the low end cars!
cplus is offline  
Old 04-07-2015, 08:09 PM
  #1131  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hayling View Post
Can someone explain to me the point of this new TB04? What I mean is that it looks like it's the same as the EVO 6 but with a tub chassis. And I also don't understand the naming convention of the EVO 6 when it's just like the TB04. I.e. - why didn't Tamiya just call it the TB04 super pro or graphite pro or something like that? Or am I mistaken in that they are really two totally different cars?
theclutch is offline  
Old 04-07-2015, 09:40 PM
  #1132  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

TB "Evolution"

ie: a highly evolved "TB" (Touring Car Shaft Driven) chassis.

for this one, no carbon double decks - "carbon" plastic tub will make this much cheaper and much more friendly on less than smooth surfaces.

Just another option.
cplus is offline  
Old 04-07-2015, 10:08 PM
  #1133  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
TB03Racer09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Can someone explain to me the point of this new TB04?
Keep in mind that the TB and TA chassis are mainly designed to be used in Tamiya's own racing series. In most of the classes (e.g. GT3 GT2), you cannot run a double deck carbon chassis car so a highly upgraded tub chassis is the ticket.
TB03Racer09 is offline  
Old 04-08-2015, 02:05 AM
  #1134  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
Default

sorry if this has been asked before, but wouldn't a 2nd deck be more beneficial? Or is a tub like this stiff enough. i have stopped this hobby for 15 yrs but this is a really nice car.
Samurai Blues is offline  
Old 04-08-2015, 02:48 AM
  #1135  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Ribbing and other vertical elements make the tub appropriately stiff.
cplus is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 03:05 AM
  #1136  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (38)
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,917
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

I wonder how this new chassis will perform. I still have my TB-04 Pro II which I upgraded to almost all hop-ups. Still haven't used it because while I was doing the upgrades I read all about the issues here.

If it does perform ok then I will keep my chassis and just follow the new components integrated on the TB-04R.
SagadSetup is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:18 PM
  #1137  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (78)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,251
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SagadSetup View Post
I wonder how this new chassis will perform. I still have my TB-04 Pro II which I upgraded to almost all hop-ups. Still haven't used it because while I was doing the upgrades I read all about the issues here.

If it does perform ok then I will keep my chassis and just follow the new components integrated on the TB-04R.
I really don't see a big advantage for the R over the Pro II. The present trend is for softer chassis, more flex, so the harder carbon chassis is not a major plus. The carbon arms are more brittle than the stock ones. So unless you plan on running in mod there is not much benefit to the R. Also if you're running in mod, your most likely going to run a belt drive carbon chassis.
Raman is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 04:24 AM
  #1138  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

It looks like the R comes with double cardans, a front spool and the aluminum diff outdrives for the rear. All good upgrades for racing on carpet at least.

I wonder if the newer carbon chassis has less tweak to it?

I'm also curious what the street price will be.
ErikO is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 04:54 AM
  #1139  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (38)
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,917
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ErikO View Post
It looks like the R comes with double cardans, a front spool and the aluminum diff outdrives for the rear. All good upgrades for racing on carpet at least.

I wonder if the newer carbon chassis has less tweak to it?

I'm also curious what the street price will be.
Tower Hobbies is selling it for $429.99

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNFFPF&P=G
SagadSetup is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 04:56 AM
  #1140  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (38)
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,917
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
I really don't see a big advantage for the R over the Pro II. The present trend is for softer chassis, more flex, so the harder carbon chassis is not a major plus. The carbon arms are more brittle than the stock ones. So unless you plan on running in mod there is not much benefit to the R. Also if you're running in mod, your most likely going to run a belt drive carbon chassis.
I tend to agree with you sir Raman. I probably was just bitten by the upgrade fever.
SagadSetup is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.