Like Tree1Likes

Tamiya TB04 Pro

Old 11-08-2013, 11:02 PM
  #331  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
Sorry don't play with toys that don't play back.


What do yo mean "Scaled it yet" What body are you going to use?
Im sure he's saying he hasn't weighed the fully assembled car...
Racing4Evo is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 11:46 AM
  #332  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
Im sure he's saying he hasn't weighed the fully assembled car...
Close. I set tweek with four small scales. Left over technique from racing carpet oval, and that's how they do 1:1 race cars. Also, If you know what the wheel weights were before you ran and you wack something, it's a quick way to identify if you really put a hurt on the car.

But yes, if you add all four weights together you get the total chassis weight.

Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
Sorry don't play with toys that don't play back.


What do yo mean "Scaled it yet" What body are you going to use?
See what the corner weights have to say, f/r and l/r weight %. Just Looking at it, I think the tb04 will have less rear axle weight than the other car, but how much different, I can't say.

Protoform Mazda six. Is there any other body?
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:08 AM
  #333  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Weight came in at 1394 grams w/ gear diffs!

But, WITHOUT a transponder.
OR a body.

CraigMBA is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 11:35 AM
  #334  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (105)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,010
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Wow...my TB03 comes in at under 1400g rtr with body and transponder....what electrics are you running?
Core Creations is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 06:30 PM
  #335  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What do you guys think the carbon reinforced plastic parts will do for weight reduction when they come out?
Racing4Evo is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 PM
  #336  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,098
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

So it weighs 1394grams +body(100grams)+transponder(10grams) = 1504grams......... BIG BONED !!!!
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Weight came in at 1394 grams w/ gear diffs!

But, WITHOUT a transponder.
OR a body.

bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 07:41 PM
  #337  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

my kit comes weights in at 1438 race ready ... but we're using LiFe batteries which are a lot lighter compared to LiPOs... i'm also using a LW NSX body (car is set up for local TAC GT races) + 30 grams of weights on the battery side.
VooDooPH is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 PM
  #338  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
What do you guys think the carbon reinforced plastic parts will do for weight reduction when they come out?
Minimal. I've weighed them in the past, ICIRC they weigh the same.

The gear diffs alone are worth 22+/- grams.
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
  #339  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Core Creations View Post
Wow...my TB03 comes in at under 1400g rtr with body and transponder....what electrics are you running?
The same ones I have in my TB03. It's 1415 TCS legal, w/ a LW NSX.

How you got yours under 1400, wow.
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 12:45 AM
  #340  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
The spool will fit side to side, but it will require a different gear. Tb04 is 40 teeth, tb03 is 39.
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Nice work Craig. My dremel has already seen action with this chassis I installed a TB03 ball diff and spool into the car to help with FDR as well as reduce rotational weight. It drops in but the top of the TB03's small bevel gear had to be dremeled a bit to get the e-clip to snap on.

Just an update... was able to drop in a spool from the TB03... used the same 39T main gear. For the rear, retained the stock TB04 gear diff but bolted on the 39T bevel gear from the TB03/Evo5 One Way set..

Found i didn't need to change the small bevel gear to the TB03 one... the stock one from the TB04 fits (they're both 16T and the mesh is fine, and i was too lazy to do some dremel work just to retrofit the TB03 gear :P). just needed to adjust side to side shimming for the spool/geardiff.

Now, I wonder if I can retrofit the small gear from the Evo4 since its 17T and would drop the IDR to 2.29 (using 39T) or 2.35 (using 40T)



VooDooPH is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 12:56 AM
  #341  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
JoeyE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,834
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VooDooPH View Post
Just an update... was able to drop in a spool from the TB03... used the same 39T main gear. For the rear, retained the stock TB04 gear diff but bolted on the 39T bevel gear from the TB03/Evo5 One Way set..

Found i didn't need to change the small bevel gear to the TB03 one... the stock one from the TB04 fits (they're both 16T and the mesh is fine, and i was too lazy to do some dremel work just to retrofit the TB03 gear :P). just needed to adjust side to side shimming for the spool/geardiff.

Now, I wonder if I can retrofit the small gear from the Evo4 since its 17T and would drop the IDR to 2.29 (using 39T) or 2.35 (using 40T)



I am sure it can be done. I don't have a TB04 but I have an EVO5 with EVO4 gearing in it along with a TB04 gear diff and a TB03 spool. Sounds confusing.
JoeyE is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
  #342  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

wow...a whole lot of retrofitting going on.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 02:50 PM
  #343  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,655
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I would say: "I'm not fat, I'm just carrying a lot of useless transmission components" ^^
Airwave is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 PM
  #344  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
I would say: "I'm not fat, I'm just carrying a lot of useless transmission components" ^^
I think the gear diffs totally have a place. For example, in front on carpet, so if you wack something, you don't snap a c hub as often.

But they aren't light.
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 03:30 PM
  #345  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody have results with racing this chassis yet? Should I go with this tb03 ta05 or ta06?
Atechbh is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.