Help me pick a F1 chasis please !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me pick a F1 chasis please !

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Help me pick a F1 chasis please !

Hi guys,Im looking to buy a F1 Chassis for the first time. I have only been playing drift cars for the past year now looking to get into F1.

Im hoping to get some advices from the pros here,Choosing from F104 pro,F104-X1,F104 Ver II or Serpent F110.

Could anyone give me some advices which one should I be buying ?

Track in sydney allows all kind of F1 in 21.5 or 17.5 class so it all comes down to which car is better to play with.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thank you
Old 08-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

What about the VBC Flash 04 and Speed Passion F1s?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Vbc I wouldn't have a clue. I spoke to someone with a Speed passion f1 they told me the serpent is better. But I like the X1 so I thought I should ask cause I never owned a f1.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You have the new Tamiya TRF101, F104 ver. II and F103, the Speed Passion, TOP Rebel, Sakura FGX and Kyosho Plazma F1. I have the F103, F104 (converted to the Exotek F1R chassis, and Kyosho Plazma F1. When I race, I lean more on my Kyosho than the Tamiyas I own. All the cars I mentioned are good cars, it is just a matter of choosing the one that fits your driving style the best.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

have a look at this site www.rcformula1.com.au it is based on the australian f1 racing scene for our local tracks,full of usfull info

also have a look at what ppl are using at the tracks you will be racing at & ask queastions most folk are very helpful

as has been said there are plenty of f1's on the market now,the choice is not as easy as it was 2 years ago

good luck, its a growing & great class of racing
Old 08-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Each F1 has its merrits, good and bad. For the newby getting the TAMIYA would be the go as there are so many out there parts and advice are everywhere at the track. Buying a car that no-one else has leaves you on your own for set ups parts etc.
So being new leaves you with these questions.

= Do I have enough experience to use a uncommon F1?
= Are the parts for the F1 you purchase locally available?
= Does the F1 need any hop ups to make it better (added expenses a newby does need to consider)

Personnally the TAMYIA F104 TITANIUM (common knowledge and parts everywhere) or the SERPENT (because I love em' and for you the parts are local http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/inde...th-ep-2wd.html)........
Old 08-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I have been reading various articles regarding f1,was gona buy the f104 v2 then saw the review of downside that said the the new rear set up is not all that great so I didn't know what to do.
I have been to castle hill track and I only saw about 6,7 f1 that nite and didn't get to speak to any of the guys there.

As you mentioned I don't know how many serpents are out there and it's quite new so being a noob and i didn't want to be the only one that owns it and not able to get any info anywhere in the world.

I saw the f104 post in here are up to around 500+ pages of post I'm assuming its a machine to buy or perhaps I should wait to see how does the serpent car do ?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if you are local to castle hill drop by again they are regularly getting 2 & somtimes 3 heats of f1 these days.any of the f1 runners will gladly give you any info that you need

this is a class that has really taken off in the last 6 mths,really good to see
Old 08-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Professor
if you are local to castle hill drop by again they are regularly getting 2 & somtimes 3 heats of f1 these days.any of the f1 runners will gladly give you any info that you need

this is a class that has really taken off in the last 6 mths,really good to see
Ok I'll probably come by on Friday and try to speak to someone

Thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

TRF101, Yokomo, VBC, 3 races, they are all good f1 cars.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replies guys.
Could you guys give some pros/cons on the cars ?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In my area, the Tamiya and Kyosho F1 cars are the dominate ones. The 3Racing F113 is a good car (we have one guy running one and does very well with it), as well as the TOP Rebel (guy from Oklahoma comes down and run good with it). We have learned that with the Tamiya F104 cars, they work better our carpet track if you push the trac width out to 190mm. When at 180mm, the cars are a bit unstable and tend to catch and roll in corners if you are trying to carry a lot of speed. The Kyosho Plazma F1 and 3Racing F113 are closer to 200mm (which our track allows to run) and are very stable no matter how hard you push them.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

I doubt you'll see much of a difference performance wise with any of the modern cars, if properly assembled. I'd base my choice of car on the following:

- competion rules
- parts availability
- mind- and partshare with your track buddies
Old 08-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you do not have to follow any race rules you are free to choose, of course. I for myself started this year with a F104v2 pro. I didn't regret it one second! The car is good right out the box. The setup is suited for outdoor and foam tires. After three races and little changes on the setup and foam tires, I am able to fight with our Euro GT drivers. The car is stable and tame to drive. Meanwhile I use a 10.5t motor because the setup can handle much more than a 21.5t or 17.5t outdoor.
One clubguy showed up with a F113 a little while ago and its front suspension is much better than that of the F104. Additionally it can use the F103 tires. So with all my experience now I would prefer the F113 as you have more potential in that car.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Does the club you will be running at run rubber or foam tires? What is their max width? 190mm? 200mm? Those are important to the choice of car. If your club runs wide cars with foam tires you'll want to look at something like the Top Rebel, F113, or other wide cars. If they run 190mm with rubber tires the F104v2 is a good way to go. The Speed Passion SP-1 is a nice car for either as it has adjustable width with the stock parts right out of the box. The other cars out there that can be adapted to other widths require additional parts. Any of the cars out there are good...look at which one has good parts support and which will need aftermarket parts that will bring the price up and decide what fits in your budget.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.