R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #601
Tech Regular

Two thumbs up to the entire Norcar crew for, yet another outstanding job putting on this traditional "Halloween Classic" race. When I walked in the front doors, my mouth just dropped open. The walls were repainted, external boards around the track repainted, floors spotless, and even the restrooms were super clean. Roughly 109 racers attended and there was 24 or 25 heats per round. Wall to wall racers, and I mean quality racers. For me, it was really great to see racers I haven't seen in many many years. They even had two projection screens on the walls for all to see the live racing action. Special thanks to John for calling all the races.........all weekend long. Don't know where he gets his energy from, but did an outstanding job!! As usual, the food was great and so were the prices. I can't get over how much fun I had and of course, very little sleep. But then again, that's what we all do at these types of races at this level. We should all feel very greatful and fortunate that we have a race facility of this calaber, like the Gate to come and race at.
all4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #602
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

First time at the gate and definitely not the last! Had a blast, can't wait for next year.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #603
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anyone have pics and video?

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #604
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive got plenty and I think Dirla recorded the mains...I will put them on rc50.com website
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR at the Gate-pits.jpg   2013 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR at the Gate-lol.jpg   2013 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR at the Gate-after.jpg   2013 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR at the Gate-before.jpg   2013 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR at the Gate-pits4.jpg  

1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #605
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt

Had a great time at my first Halloween Classic, despite my lack luster performance. This was also my first time at The Gate. I was totally blown away by the facility. I am already looking forward to the next time I'll get to attend an event at The Gate.

I did get some photos from the event. I still need to do some editing but I should have them posted tomorrow. I also had the GOPRO set up to record the Sedan A-Mains. Sorry foam jockeys, I needed to pull the plug and head home. I am gonna try to get those posted soon, but look for them over the weekend.

Snowy.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Essnowyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #606
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default another thank you note

This year's Halloween Classic was simply awesome, even if my own racing results were a little sub par. The weekend reminded me of just what it is about the Cleveland racing scene that has been motivating me to travel there from Virginia for more than 20 years. For sure it is the friendly and welcoming nature of most all the NORCAR guys combined with the incredible level of talent and competition that always shows up for any of the NORCAR racing events. Oddly, I can never seem to get enough of getting my butt kicked by these guys. Please accept my sincere thanks for all of the fun and the fond memories that I've been fortunate enough to collect over the years. You guys rock!!
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #607
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Although I was an epic fail, the event was epic awesomeness! Thanks again to the Gate crew and the Midwest Grand Slam organizers for one of the best events period.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #608
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great weekend of racing, I want to thank all the Racers for their attendance, The NORCAR club for allowing the Midwest Grandslam Series to participate in the event, and everyone in general for the awesome racing and smack talk.

Don't worry Willie, I'll wait for you the next time, and if any of you guys are missing a pair of Boxer Briefs, Sydor found an extra pair mixed in with his leopard print thongs

Don't Forget the Indoor Champs is right around the corner, just imagine the intensity of the Halloween Classic taken to the next level and the convenience of a hotel room down the hall to catch a nap

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #609
Tech Apprentice

Default Halloween Classic

Corey, Andrew and I wanted to say thanks for the great race weekend. We always enjoy coming down to see our friends at the Gate.

Ken, John, Wayne, Brian, Chuck, to name a few, and the tech group put so much time into this race both in the preparation before the race and over the race weekend. We got to leave early with not running the 1/12 classes - but even we were tired so I can't imagine the energy it takes to get through the full days.

It was nice to see some new faces trying Mod TC - like Alston, Mike, Scott, and Brent - and some trying it again like Paul and Jason - and we hope that more will be encouraged to try it at at the US Indoor Champs. Congratulations to Keven - it was nice to have a Canadian win - and nice to see your new car working so well.

We always feel welcome and can't wait for the next time that we can come down. We will see everyone at the US Indoor Champs if not before at a Gate club race.

Thanks again,
Ian
Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 AM   #610
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Very great race I will def be there next year. Congrats to Karl for taking home the whole show.

Awesomatix USA/Speedzone USA
LRP/Futaba/Middle River Russian Mafia
Awesomatixusa.com/Speedzoneusa.com
95lscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #611
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #612
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
17.5 sedan A-Main starts at 43:15. You can get there directly with this link.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #613
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for the video nashrcracer.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #614
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I want to thank the entire crew at The Gate for putting on a great show. This was my first time attending and I had a blast racing and hanging out with everyone at the pits. Getting front row seating to the Bill Sydor show , making the show in VTA and USGT , meeting new racers from different parts of the country, and stuffing my face with awesome food (thanks Chuck!) were some of my highlights from this past weekend. I want to congratulate all of the winners in their respective classes and I look forward to seeing you guys soon at the Indoor Champs.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #615
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"B" main 17.5 TC

http://youtu.be/cju8RPXA-LM?t=30m54s

"A" main 17.5 12th scale

http://youtu.be/cju8RPXA-LM?t=2h56m43s
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote