R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #241
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
The RC4 transponders (with 3 wires) only work on RC4 decoders. That's why they're cheaper, and that's why they offer the hybrid for more money. Because it will work on old decoders. I agree the RC4 works most places these days, but not all tracks decided to upgrade. It's a topic full of pain and politics. We're still licking our wounds 'round here.
I'm not super worried about it. I have plenty of time and I'm glad I found out about this now and not there.lol Mrt transponders are real cheap right now so no big deal in the scheme of things such as hotel cost, new lipos and the fun of this race. It is definitely my favorite race to attend.

Awesomatix USA/Speedzone USA
LRP/Futaba/Middle River Russian Mafia
Awesomatixusa.com/Speedzoneusa.com
95lscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #242
Regional Moderator

The club voted to keep the existing AMB box (since a bunch of locals have MRT transponders) rather than fattening AMB's coffers, and instead invest the money in a new sub floor and new carpet. For NORCAR, being an non-profit organization, it was the right decision.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #243
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
The MRT's and RC4's are the only thing left out, and those of us that bought RC4's knew this would happen at some point.
MRT already has new transponders that work on both RC4 and RC3. They even have a trade in program that if you send in their old RC3 transponder you get 2 for the price of 1. Even with shipping 2 of them still costs less then 1 AMB hybrid. It takes a couple weeks, but I just got my new ones the other day. I went with the new MRT not just because they cost less, but because I should not have needed a new transponder in the first place.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #244
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
MRT already has new transponders that work on both RC4 and RC3. They even have a trade in program that if you send in their old RC3 transponder you get 2 for the price of 1. Even with shipping 2 of them still costs less then 1 AMB hybrid. It takes a couple weeks, but I just got my new ones the other day. I went with the new MRT not just because they cost less, but because I should not have needed a new transponder in the first place.
Yea all this transponder upgrading and all is getting pretty ridiculous. Lol

Awesomatix USA/Speedzone USA
LRP/Futaba/Middle River Russian Mafia
Awesomatixusa.com/Speedzoneusa.com
95lscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #245
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
The club voted to keep the existing AMB box (since a bunch of locals have MRT transponders) rather than fattening AMB's coffers, and instead invest the money in a new sub floor and new carpet. For NORCAR, being an non-profit organization, it was the right decision.
Amen.

-Sean
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #246
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I'm updating the master sheet for names and classes as they keep coming in.

We're still 2 months out, race is sold out, and it's looking to be the biggest HC yet! If everyone runs 2 classes and 1/6 of the people run 3... we will have 240+ entries!!!

I'm just finishing up pit assignments
I'm working my way threw P.P. payments and the notes attached and PM's received threw RCTech.
I'm sure not everyone will be next to the one they love, but we're doing our best
Old 08-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #247
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post

We're still 2 months out, race is sold out, and it's looking to be the biggest HC yet! If everyone runs 2 classes and 1/6 of the people run 3... we will have 240+ entries!!!

I'm working my way threw P.P. payments and the notes attached and PM's received threw RCTech.
I'm sure not everyone will be next to the one they love, but we're doing our best
I can't wait 2 months!

You might be doing this already, but it would be cool if you posted a list of each class with the people have paid for and then also include the names of people with a * who say they plan on running in that class as well. Like me I have paid for USVTA but plan on running F1 and USGT as well.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #248
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post

Wayne, is it safe to say that starting times "might" be changed to fit in all the racing? or is too early to tell?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #249
Tech Regular

It's gonna be a long day Saturday! You can't really mess with Saturdays start time due to people coming in that morning.

This is going to be an awesome event. Remember they are also having a Vegas warm up weekend with some practice days and race day Sunday.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #250
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
It's gonna be a long day Saturday! You can't really mess with Saturdays start time due to people coming in that morning.

This is going to be an awesome event. Remember they are also having a Vegas warm up weekend with some practice days and race day Sunday.
I don't mind either way, I just would like to see all the racing get in, and nobody would have to leave early on Sunday. that's all.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:07 AM   #251
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post
Wayne, is it safe to say that starting times "might" be changed to fit in all the racing? or is too early to tell?
Our Goal will be to be finished with round 3 before midnight, they said it could not be done before but with John Peoples 'encouragement behind the mic it happened. Expect to have 7 or 8 car qualifiers and 10 car mains.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #252
sg1
Tech Elite

To all that PM'ed me about pit spots...

I have received them and am working on it

Give me a few more days to sort threw everything and I'll post a cad drawing with all the info
Old 08-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #253
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can't wait for one of the most fun races ever!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #254
sg1
Tech Elite

Default Pit groupings :)

List moved

Last edited by sg1; 08-29-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: moved
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #255
sg1
Tech Elite

Default schedule update

Since we still have 2 months before the race, here's a few updates to the schedule to make things run smoother and assure we get Saturday's quals. done at a reasonable hour

This is now on the first post:

Schedule:
Friday Oct. 25th : open 10am, open practice till 8pm, 8pm till 10pm late arrival practice.
Saturday Oct 26th : open 6am, 8am sign in closes, 9am heat board posted then rocket round practice per heats, 3 quals start at approx.10:30am (after rocket round of practice).
Sunday Oct 27th : open 7:30am, 1 qual starts at 9:00am, mains promptly afterwards.

Key changes:

*6am open on Saturday
*8am, no more entries will be accepted
*We will have an initial heat board set by 8:30, then changes can be made and the final heat board set up by 9am.
*We'll run a quick, short, practice round by heats. you'll get used to your fellow driver on the stand and we can make sure all the PT's are linked to the correct driver.
*Quals will start right after the practice round.

Last edited by sg1; 08-29-2013 at 06:00 AM.
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote