Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
5th Annual Timezone Gran Prix (Nov 15,16,17 2013) >

5th Annual Timezone Gran Prix (Nov 15,16,17 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5th Annual Timezone Gran Prix (Nov 15,16,17 2013)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 01:39 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LiveRC seems to have taken a dump for the race. Results are hung in race 1 of round 2.

Scoring is a bit messed up overall (results seem to have multiple days worth of racing in it).

Edit - Fixed right after this was posted
Old 11-16-2013, 03:57 PM

LiveRC crashed again.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:44 PM

Not to beat a dead horse But the LiveRC coverage took a dump just as the mains are supposed to start.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Driving home reflecting on the weekend....what a great job done by Mark and the whole TZGP crew! Thanks to Charlie Suangka for the comical but enthusiastic announcing! Also wanted to thank all the peeps who traveled out, hope you all had a good time. And a special thanks to the Awesomatix team for the support and fantastic racing!
Good times and stiff drinks
Old 11-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Congrats on a great run in Scale Spec, JayBee.

-Mike
Old 11-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks buddy. It took me a bit of work to be on TQ pace but i got it there; just couldn't hang on to it long enough. Wish you'd been there.

Last edited by JayBee; 11-18-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Find a few pics and updates on the Rose City Scale Racing Facebook page.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Awesome race! Questioning why I have never made it in the past years, the whole tz crew did an excellent job, Charlie on the mic never stops talking, tight racing and most of all great people to race with, my lax wrenching skills prove to be my downfall, but I stepped it up to the minimum and found my issues and fixed them. Just in time for the a mains haha

FYI me and dave are BFF
Old 11-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Wish I could have made it!
Any podium pics available anywhere?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

There should be some Fanboy pics floating around too... epic weekend. .. well at least in the pits. I was at an all time Fanboy high with Bob being there with Keven, Mike and Charlie on the mic. Great to meet Dawson too...sorry about the board magnets in that 1/12 body..

Thanks Mike Haynes for taking care of me with parts and hooked me up with his IIC and Snowbirds body and not giving me crap after my epic fail in the return to TC on carpet for me and to fail in front of Bob made it even worse... they need to get me down to Area 51 for a little testing...

Keven never ceases to amaze me with his car layout and the way he wheels those things... still can't figure out how my passion for AE led to me wanting to make sweet love to him but oh well... it is what it is I guess

That 6.2 is such a great looking car and I can't wait to throw all my plastic arm mounts away...

My greatest moment was spending 2 days with my boy and giving him a TC4 for his birthday on Tuesday. . It was hard telling him he couldn't race this weekend and couldn't practice either. .. I got him out there with my TC at the end and shockingly it broke... so his super tired tears came out a little and said screw it and cranked my radio down and put him in the 1/12 and he couldn't get enough..sorry BB for the take out. To see the smile on his face made my day and to hear his comments also made it..

Thanks to everyone that stopped by and played legos with him... he met some great guys... Blake Bell and the field trip van, pull my finger Frank and the man Ficco.. he was pooped I tell you but wanted me to wake him up to have a milkshake on the way home with the generous Kody who helps me out and my main man Grant.

Thanks Mark for keepin the lights on and to the Hooligans for another epic weekend in he back yard. ..

Last edited by Logi Maker; 11-18-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Wish I could have made it!
Any podium pics available anywhere?
PM your Email and I'll send them to you.

Ryan
Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great event Mark. Had a blast and will continue to try and make this a regular event to attend. The comic duo of Mario and Dave this year kept everyone laughing in the pits.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Good times at the tzgp. It was great to see everyone again, and had a blast.
Nice to finally meet t-hawk......even though he's kind of a t-bag.
Mark is always a gracious host. Thanks for the belvedere!!!!! Oh, and the bitchen race track in your back yard.

For Kyle, Ryan, and Todd. Keep those kids at the track. It's great to see such young kids drive the way they do. Congrats to little t-hawk for winning a brand new t4.

Thanks to Dave for putting me up at his house. It's good to have such great friends in the "business".

God bless, don't forget about the Mile high indoor champs April 10-13 in Denver. Hope to see you all there.

Oh, and by the way....... I'm standing here, waiting for my plane, looking out the window............ And it's raining. Shocker.

Last edited by al dente; 11-18-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What a race weekend! Thanks to Mark Diggity Day for his terrific hospitality and allowing us to invade his backyard for 4 glorious days. Thanks to Charlie for the comedic relief all weekend, my cheeks still hurt It was great to see all the long distance travelers make their pilgrimage, especially that squaty, round body Italian. Wasn't he the star of "Super Size Me"?

Not enough can be said for Ralph Burch and RC America for the support and growth of the RC World. I'm glad you made Brenden earn his new X-Ray T4-14, what pressure on a 9 year old, with 40 guys watching, cheering him on with a nearly flawless race, a special dad moment for me that will never be forgotten
Special thanks to all for the patience and tremendous support at the end for Brenden See you all next year!

P.S. The car will be his, he earned every bit of it!!!
Ryan Newbury
Attached Thumbnails 5th Annual Timezone Gran Prix (Nov 15,16,17 2013)-photo.png  

Last edited by T-Hawk; 11-18-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Man, that was a super fun weekend of racing. The lay out was high speed and and treacherous. With the Honey Badger corner, the Jaco Ameba, and what ever the spatula thing was in the front right.... there was some danger out there that kept you focused. Fantastic job on the mic Charlie! Big shout out to Mark for keeping us happy, fat and entertained.

I entered stock 12 because I knew Dave would. Not that it was a VBC vs CRC thingy, but more of a "lets do this thing". Dave clearly had us all beat, but come the main, the track bit back and turned Dave's car over in the opening lap. I wasn't going to wait around as here was a chance to gap him. Mario was glued to my tail until his lottery ticket was pulled for a complimentary flat spin of doom. Joey lurked a few corners back as I tried to keep some distance. As the race wound down, the kind soles in front of me parted the seas and I was able to get over the wire for a bonus lap before Joey had a chance to strike. I built up a Xti inline for this race to try some ideas I had. Randy had his working very well at IIC, so why not? I used all the new springs, some not so conventional thinking to keep the fade at bay, a crazier idea to full dope the fronts which were CRC black/yellow and topped it all off with a standard issue Black Art R8C. And did my very best to not stove it into one of those scary corners. The car was quite good, never had to lay a wrench to it all weekend. I just fussed with tires. Guess it all worked out as I got the watch!

Congrats to Mario on his WGT TQ & victory using a CRC GenX10 SE and the dominating performance in F-1. The F-1 main had to vast a mix, open wheel, sprinkle in some chaos, and it just didn't pan out for Mario's new WTF-1. But congrats to Mark Tveten on patient last corner pass on our host Mark Day to a drag race finish.

Keven Hebert; simply impressive all weekend with the AE equipment, walks away with a pair of watches. Props to local guy Kody for the switcheroo trick in the main and keeping the Awesomatix just a few corners back.

Thanks for the room at the T-Hawk headquarters. Clearly its a small town or Ryan simply knows all the bar and wait staff. He's like a rock star in La Center.

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.