Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
Is it better than the combination
PS 0573 Front and PS 0572 rear ?
There is no "better" combination. It is what you can get to hook up on the surface that you are running. Most of the carpet tracks that I have visited, the PS 0574/PS 0572 has hooked up for me and a few of my buddies that run F1 as well. If traction is better at your track and the PS 0573s hook up for you, go for it. A buddy of mine that has extensively tested F1 tires tried the PS 0573s but they pushed really bad on my local carpet track. He did say that they hooked up better on the asphalt with good traction prepping.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Is it better than the combination
PS 0573 Front and PS 0572 rear ?
If 573/572 is what works at your track, go with that. 573s are a harder version of the 571s, so if you need less front grip go for 573s.

As said above no combination is better or best, there are so many variables even when racing on carpet that different combinations will work better at different tracks and with different tyre additives.

571/572 is a good combination that seems to work everywhere, it might not be the ultimate combination but even on tracks where other tyres are the hot ticket the 571/572s will still get you around just about any track at a reasonable speed.
When I started running rubbers on carpet I went for that, but found it understeered everywhere on the low grip carpet we run on. Switched to 574 fronts for more steering and it went faster, but after some chassis tuning and after the weather had warmed up I tried 571s again and found they were now a faster combination than the 574s.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
Tech Regular

There's not much feed back about the 574, that's why i'm realy curious about this tire on carpet.
i'm running on a high grip carpet , but i've never try the pit so far. Only the ride (to much understeer in my opinion) or the pardus (very touchy, not made for an entry level pilot).

We used to run on foam usualy , but now we're preparing a season with the rubbers for everyone. so i'm looking for a couple of tires that could fit every configuration on this high grip carpet.

what are the setup do you use for the 571 to work better ?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
There's not much feed back about the 574, that's why i'm realy curious about this tire on carpet.
i'm running on a high grip carpet , but i've never try the pit so far. Only the ride (to much understeer in my opinion) or the pardus (very touchy, not made for an entry level pilot).

We used to run on foam usualy , but now we're preparing a season with the rubbers for everyone. so i'm looking for a couple of tires that could fit every configuration on this high grip carpet.

what are the setup do you use for the 571 to work better ?
For those at my LHS carpet track running the F104, they are using the PS 0574 due to our track does not have high traction all the time. However, if you are running on carpet with very high bite, you might want to run a medium compound tire in the front so that your car won't traction roll.

Last edited by JLock; 08-13-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #20
Tech Regular

i do have traction roll issues with the pardus as they go up in temperature on my track. i've order both 571 and 574, we'll see what's better for us
thanks for your advice
Old 08-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
i do have traction roll issues with the pardus as they go up in temperature on my track. i've order both 571 and 574, we'll see what's better for us
thanks for your advice
One of the guys that you could PM asking for F1 tire information is racer robert. He is a local guy that I race with that got F1 kicked off at my LHS. He has tested just about all the F1 tires that are known out there over the last couple of years and has a lot of good info as far as performance is concerned. Shoot him a PM if you want to know more specific tire info, he is the man we rely on in Dallas, TX.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #22
Tech Regular

I can try to help via PM but going to 571/574 or even 571/572 is a big step in the right direction.
racer robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Thank you both
i'll test those two combination 571/572 and 574/572 and give you back my feelings