R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default spektrum and a cap ?

i got a question ......the new car action mag has a losi jrxs on the cover .....in the car they have spektrum receiver with a cap plugged in what does this do ?
papadocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

the JRX-S in the new RCCA magazine does not have a spectrum module. They use a KO Propo EX-10 Helios. The cap you see is for the ESC.

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default yes i was smoking

yes crack kills ..........i don't know where i saw it but i saw ....what does it do ?
papadocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Some speed controllers dont provide enough voltage to the Spektrum reciever - if it does not have enough voltage it shuts down untill it has the right voltage. This problem can be made worse by running a PT and/or a fan from the reciever. I have also seen a faulty servo sucking too much current to cause it to happen.

The capacitor prevents this from happening by topping up the voltage available to the reciever when its needed.