R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #1

Default Bodies

Will The custom 1:10 cheep rc car bodies fit on a Normal 1:10 onroad car???
AcademyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

What are "custom cheap rc bodies" but if they are 190 or 200 mm they should
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Is it for serious racing or parking lot racing and why do you want "cheap" bodies? Are you crashing too much?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
Tech Regular

if its just for fun or parking lot bashing, any 1/10 scale 190mm or 200mm can fit any 1/10 chassis. however, being described as "cheap" leads me to believe fitment might not be spot on like with HPI, Tamiya etc.
if you need bodies for actual racing, I believe only specific bodies are allowed, just as only specific motors and esc are allowed, depending on class/event.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
Tech Regular

by the way, if its for parking lot bashing, and you're crashing a lot, it might be best to stick with a higher quality body for one main reason, durability. "cheap" bodies might not as flexible and forgiving as the higher quality bodies tend to be. meaning one crash might destroy your $10 (cheap) body, whereas a higher quality $30 body can withstand numerous crashes with little damage.
I'd recommend sticking with more durable bodies and just not invest so much time and effort into painting and detail if this is the case.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle84 View Post
by the way, if its for parking lot bashing, and you're crashing a lot, it might be best to stick with a higher quality body for one main reason, durability. "cheap" bodies might not as flexible and forgiving as the higher quality bodies tend to be. meaning one crash might destroy your $10 (cheap) body, whereas a higher quality $30 body can withstand numerous crashes with little damage.
I'd recommend sticking with more durable bodies and just not invest so much time and effort into painting and detail if this is the case.
This is a good point also having had both tamiya and hpi bodies the hpi are way more durable, but tamiya look way better.

So for bashing i always try to look for a body I like from hpi first, besides, they are cheaper from hpi.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote