R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #31
Tech Rookie

Default Kind response, Mr. Epp!!

Kind regards for such a nice response from me go to Mr Dale Epp! I didn't want to upset him - only know why being left alone.
Proline/Protoform makes such great bodies, so keeping misprints for such a long time greys the picture - I think it's not necessary.
All points on snip the lights, don't use the reflector are Ok, but there are also customers who want to have a correct product, using a rattle can at best (results vary!!!) and they complain every time. If you sell them in quantities in a shop like me, it's tiresome.
So errors happen, but in this case it takes too long to be corrected.

BTW: I have all bodies from Proline/Protoform in stock (Not really all, they're out of the Dodge Power Wagon and Streamline for some time - sitting on my backlog)
TomsGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp
TomsGarage:
Sorry for my slow responce to this thread. I visit RC Tech.net sporadically at best.

TomsGarage - I'd seriously love to meet you in person! You sound like a genuine perfectionist. I may not be in your league, but I'm trying my best. I sincerely apologize for the grief this has caused you. I'm hoping that in the future, that might consider PM'ing me when you discover my next mistake(s).

Regards - Dale Epp - PROTOform

ps. seeing the Stratus 3.0 "AP" TQ and Win both mod. classes at the Reedy Race of Champions sure eases my pain.
And after seeing your response to the complaint, you have just got yourself another 110% supporter !
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to adootindotin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsGarage
I'm running a R/Cshop with attached Airbrush Studio here inVienna/Austria

In spring I received a bunch of 40 Protoform Stratus 3.0 Carpet Bodies right after they were available here in Europe. After opening the box I noticed that many of the had bad molds and all the decals were a misprint. The rear or tail lights were about 1/2 inch to wide and the sub tail lights were two left ones and no right one.

I told my distributor about this and got 40 new decal sheets after some time. But they were the same misprints. Great work guys!!!
Today I received a buch of Stratus 3.0 All Purpose Version, and, you guess it, same misprinted decals inside.

So Mr. Dale Epp, here's some advice:
"If you rotate an image by 180 degrees, it stays the same, left doesn't become right. You have to mirror it!!!!!! Some good Illustrator or Photoshop books will tell you!
If you don't see that light decals are about 130% width, maybe it's time for glasses or a ruler."

Why do the proline guys make normally such great bodies and the blame us with that buch of shit????

Can't proline afford making correct decals??? Does proline need some donation???

Is there anything I can do other than paint also the lights??

Why do I have to pay for the misprints???

I would be glad to use Proline bodies for my painting business in the future, but the Stratus 3.0 keeps me thinking???

I've attached a scan so you can see the wrong decals.

that time of the month?

so the decals are missprinted, just call protoform I'm sure they are happy with you trying to make a bad name for there product

Last edited by adootindotin; 06-15-2005 at 01:14 PM.
adootindotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #34
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adootindotin
that time of the month?

so the decals i missprinted, just call protoform I'm sure they are happy with you trying to make a bad name for there product
dude, have you even read the rest of the posts in this thread? its been sorted already,
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:54 PM   #35
Tech Master

Well this is kinda off subject...but just wanted to bring some joy in this thread. My best paint job ever...and trimming...it's plain, but PINK.

it's an all purpose 3.0
Attached Thumbnails
Misdesigned decals for Protoform Sttratus 3.0!!!-img_0896.jpg   Misdesigned decals for Protoform Sttratus 3.0!!!-img_0897.jpg  
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:37 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Quite suprised by some of the comments on here, everyone seems to be focusing on one point, but completely ignoreing what i'd assume TomsGarage is actually pi**ed about, and thats the fact that he's a customer purchasing a pretty large quantity of bodyshells, he's informed them (indirectly - so this may be the fault of the distributer) of an issue with Protolines (my nickname for em!) errors on the decals, and rather than being told it'll be sorted out, thanks for letting us know, which would have cost NOTHING, they instead send out 40 identically f**ked up decals which he already has anyway.

Wheres the customer service in ignoring the issue?
Was the problem to do with no decals being there? No, it was a defect in them, so why send out more defective items to replace the identically defective items in the first place.
Its just plain lazyness on someones behalf, its skimming over details and fobbing people off with whats assumed is the answer.

Tom, im not sure if its the same issue, but ive found that all the recent versions of shells have had poor quality lexan, it has a orange peel type texture on it, if anyone picks up anything from around the Nemisis shell onwards, and look at the window, and tell me its crystal clear like the previous shells used to be, then i'd call them liars because i havent seen anything Protoline have made the last 9+ months thats been crystal clear. I hate HPI shells with a passion, they used to ignore the 190mm people and only cater for the gas guzzlers, Protoline were different, and for the last 2 years + (about 6 months before the original HPI forums were shut down) i've bought only Protoline shells for my own race shells, for people ive painted shells for, and for display/test work etc, so this isnt a personal gripe with Protoline, im not a HPI Fan-boy, far from it.

Incedently, the Mini Cooper also had an identical issue with its side indicator, same stupidity that if you rotate something 180' it instantly makes it correct, shame that the letter 'S' turns into a 2 shape though. Emailed then to point out, never got a reply, for the 30 seconds it must have took to just say 'cheers, we'll look into it'.

Dale:
Maybe you should try having a word with this distributer, or the person who dealt with the information at your end, expecting customers to run around checking every possible avenue for ways of contacting various people sounds a bit much to me, i mean, perhaps if you dont get the PM, maybe we should get the phone number of your next door neighbour, just incase... :P
Information was passed your direction, however it'd appear someone else got it wrong, i dont see why thats Toms fault to be honest.
A little customer service wouldnt do any harm would it, like with my case about 2 years ago, how hard is a reply, its not like anyones asking for refunds or demanding appologies, just some acknowledgement would do.
Also, whats the deal with the Lexan!? Any chance of going back to the real stuff that we used to have, trying to sell a product that's supposed to be a Mirror effect isnt all that good when companies cant even make clear stuff thats flat.

http://www.spazstix.co.uk/gallery/al...ll_1%20003.jpg
Whats that all about!?
Its a first isnt it, a paint thats so good, its what your applying it to that now lets the side down. Isnt the case with the HPI shells though, they have smooth clear stuff for bodyshells
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:06 AM   #37
Tech Adept

sorry for anothe complaints, but this has to be wrote:
-first the bodies arenīt as good as I am expecting it from protoform, orange peel and sanding marks( supposedly from mold production).
-second, a friend of mine ordered two bodies,mazda 6 and nemesis,both 190mm directly from protoform to germany. he received the right nemesis but a 200mm cadillac instead of the mazda.totally useless for him!
he contacted protoform but never get a response,that was about 6 weeks ago.
It would be nice if some protoform rep can pm me for this, I redirect it to my friend.

@ protoform

we all like your products, but quality lacks, if you donīt change that in the near future,Iīm sure there are other companies out there that only wait for their time.

my three points are- only middle class body quality, supposedly bad customer support, wheels that arenīt true.
wothrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:11 AM   #38
Tech Addict

Sorry guys, I'm all for quality ! Tamiya shells ? now thats' quality ! no orange peel, fuzzyness etc....

BUT ! how much do you pay for a Tamiya shell as compared to a Protoform ?
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to adootindotin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod M
dude, have you even read the rest of the posts in this thread? its been sorted already,
Dude,I don't feel like reading all that, so worry about yourself mate
G'day
adootindotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:53 PM   #40
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Mike D

You'd think a "R/Cshop with attached Airbrush Studio here inVienna/Austria" would take the time to paint the head lights and tail lights...
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:49 PM   #41
Tech Adept

You'd also think that a company that supplies an R/C shop with attached airbrush studio, would have the decency to take in some of the information one of they're customers is giving them, rather than completely ignoring the issue and fobbing them off with more useless stickers.

But hey, thats not the issue is it, its all the 'OMG, stickers are wrong, big deal' isnt it.
Why is it that people only seem to see the dumb side of arguements and feel obliged to pass on that worthless opinion.

Is it too much to expect a little decency from these big companies? or is any fault by these companies expected to be fixed by us?
The fact that its a decal makes no difference, its the fact that no care is taken sometimes in the RC industry, especially by the bigger companies, as always its the smaller companies who offer that personal touch, who run around for there customers and scrape a living who do the hobby a great service, and the bigger brands just bring home the bacon and thats #1.

Manners, thats all it is.
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:48 PM   #42
Tech Rookie

Thank you for supporting PROTOform products. My name is Jessica Cook and I am in the Customer Service Department at Pro-Line racing. Pro-Line/PROTOform is always striving to assure that you are 100% satisfied with your products. It is important for us to hear your feedback directly in order for us to meet and exceed your expectations in any way possible. I'm very sorry to hear that there is some difficulty with the decals on the new Dodge Stratus bodies. If anyone is currently in need further assistance please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to help in any way possible.

Thanks again for your support.

Jessica Cook
Pro-Line Promotions and Customer Service
[email protected]
(951) 849-9781 Ex. 21
jcook is offline   Reply With Quote