R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Bitter:
I've been doing all sort of stuff with the C2 and Reedy Quad mag. For open or medium track, still can't find power like C2 with 767s, Purple+ Green or Red-. I know it's higher maintenance and cost, but the 766, etc. just don't seem to offer as much power. I've tried black springs too, and it only seems to be harder on comm. Any other insite? BTW, good job at Reedy. I was going to do 19t at KO, but looks like your entry was going to bump me and I don't want to run open mod. Trade? What are you looking for, more shoes? I don't really need any more V2s, but I'll make a trade for my homies. Also, can you get 767s or even C2s?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #62
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Peter Robinson, Jason Erachter, and Alex Lopez......the 1, 2, and 4th place finishers at the Reedy Race in 19t....including TQ by Peter....ALL had 767 brushes in their motors....so much for the 767 INDOOR theory.....

The key with the Reedy quad is to actually RETARD the timing by aligning th ehoods straight across from each other.....Quad magnet motors like LESS timing....24 is simply too much...

Later EddieO
Old 06-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

my velocity was higher than all the others at the reedy, the xxx brush did just not have the power to get the job done, 767's are the way to go in the Reedy quad. worked at the on-road nats last year, and worked again at the Reedy race.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #64
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to TouringMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
my velocity was higher than all the others at the reedy, the xxx brush did just not have the power to get the job done, 767's are the way to go in the Reedy quad. worked at the on-road nats last year, and worked again at the Reedy race.
What do you mean your velocity was higher than all the others? Sorry I'm a newbie to motors....
TouringMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #65
Tech Elite

my motor was faster= velocity was much higher

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
Old 06-09-2005, 02:30 PM   #66
Tech Adept

Location: San Marcos/San Antonio, Tx but chillin in Orlando, FL for now.
Send a message via AIM to MikeDeadly

What brush spring combo are you using again peter_robinson?
MikeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickrim
well than , look i know what works so do you , i just tell it like it is OK

Why is it EVERY time you post something it's always either:

1. Rude

2. You bragging about being "factory" or some other BS.

3. Bashing "club racers"

Very few of us here are actually "sponsored" or even give a damn if you or anyone else here is. We don't need a prick such as yourself always thread-crapping with your 'higher than thou' attitude.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil

Reedy Quad with a set of 767's is fast. I had guys at my track telling me I had a low turn mod in my TC4 until they saw the motor.

Last edited by Neil; 06-09-2005 at 02:56 PM. Reason: h4X0r
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #69
Tech Adept

Location: San Marcos/San Antonio, Tx but chillin in Orlando, FL for now.
Send a message via AIM to MikeDeadly

Yo Soviet......WORD
MikeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:00 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw92656
I just came here to see what people were trying out with 19T motors. Thought I could gain some nice insight into a fun class. Since the armatures are machine wound, and the timing is locked I wanted to see what others were trying. I thought I might gain some knowledge on any performance gains in different comm diameters, springs, and brushes. I know there would be tuning differences in what type of racing conditions exist ex. asphalt-carpet, high speed-technical. This is why I came here. I would love to share what I have tried, but I don't want to get blasted.
Pm me....I'd love to hear what you tried. No one should be in fear of getting blasted for sharing what works for them. I'll send you my findings as well.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:08 PM   #71
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the tips Lick, your $hit works. I have been hurting in the motor department for sometime ( along with driving, but who wants to admit that ). I have seen your motors smoke others a few times, so I'll listen to what your saying.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #72
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Why is it EVERY time you post something it's always either:

1. Rude

2. You bragging about being "factory" or some other BS.

3. Bashing "club racers"

Very few of us here are actually "sponsored" or even give a damn if you or anyone else here is. We don't need a prick such as yourself always thread-crapping with your 'higher than thou' attitude.
yo soviet your right you guys dont need me ...THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING WTIH MOTOR 'S THAT SUCK ...DONT HATE !!!!!!!!! STAY IN THE B HOMIE
WE RACE TOY CARS FOR BOWLING TROPHYS GET OVER IT
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #73
Tech Master

Hey Ryan (Touring Master)

You better come out on Sunday or else I'll make sure you ride to Spain in a pet carrier!

As for 19t...I'm gonna get a C2, some purple springs and XXX-Brushes as soon as summer hits (more hours to work, no damn school) Maybe you and I should have our own 19t challenge like Badboy & Biner Actually, I'd be kinda scared....I heard you were fast at HT when you ran 19t.

Maybe I'll get to try pavement sometime this year..... (yeah right)

BTW: Ryan, I am running a Reedy QM 19t right now and do not like it. Its okay on track but a royal pain in the ass. I have to pretty much overgear it (about a 5.7-5.5 FDR) to get it to work and then it comes off the track smelling like someone tried to cook seaweed. I had no such probs with the C2 when I had one

Last edited by BlackKat; 06-09-2005 at 03:45 PM.
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:41 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDeadly
What brush spring combo are you using again peter_robinson?
767's with purple on the Pos. and red on the Neg. is the best combo i have found on any track.

Old 06-09-2005, 03:42 PM   #75
Tech Apprentice

Ive tried just about everything out there as well and my money is spent on
C-2's, and yes the motors I build for my son for offroad racing use 767's with purple + red - .
If it actually matters to anybody (LOL) my motors have been in several A-mains at major races and won two classes at this years Cactuc Classic.

Charlie I know your fast because we race at SoCal as well and you have a rep. with the onroad crowd. I have to laugh at JP not caring for you. If you are the same at work as you are on the net I can see the two of you clashing. You should know by now everybody has a favorite combo and unless they actually run one of your motors they will never be a believer.
Post your info and let them try for themselves, anything more is a waste of time and effort on your part. Sorry to here things didn't work out between you and Fusion. I guess you found another power source.
M LANE is offline   Reply With Quote