R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw92656
I'm in I am just open minded, and willing to try new things out. Guess I look at this hobby as inexpensive, and have extra cash to try things out; at least within reason.

its not how much money you spend its who you know..if you know the right people you can use your extra money on batts and tires thats were all the money goes ....get a corally RDX than we could really talk shop....im here for the fans , every body loves the BITTER.....
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm in I am just open minded, and willing to try new things out. Guess I look at this hobby as inexpensive, and have extra cash to try things out; at least within reason.
lickrim = charlie albrecht. he knows what he's talking about man. he works at Peak Motors... (charlie correct me if im wrong). so he'll hook you up. my question is.. where do i buy those team orion springs?

bitter.. you guys coming out to la mirada?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Reedy Quad mag with 767 brushes, with the stock springs, works great for tight carpet tracks.
kylehirano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
lickrim = charlie albrecht. he knows what he's talking about man. he works at Peak Motors... (charlie correct me if im wrong). so he'll hook you up. my question is.. where do i buy those team orion springs?

bitter.. you guys coming out to la mirada?
yo homie i no longer work for ORION they seem to have a motor guy that doent like me JP....SO THEY RAN ME OFF...the black springs are in stock just call and bug them ...they are hard to find you need to no somebody on the inside to get them...LA MIRADA you guys are safe im running offroad at SOCAL this sunday.....i got to go play in the dirt ...so have fun and PUNCH IT
L8 bitter
Old 06-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #35
Tech Elite

If lickrim is sooooo knowledgable, then he would have told everyone to run the V2 dynasty or XXX brushes. If it only comes down to car/driver, then why wouldn't you tell people the best setup to get a motor that is low maintance and high power? Your not being direct, your just rude.

touringmaster- just about every combo listed will give you sufficient power. If your in the position I think your in, then your car is getting constantly passed in the straight b/c your motor isn't fast enough. For super high maintance but insane speed, use jdm19turn's setup. For low wear and high power, use my C2 setup. Peace
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
If lickrim is sooooo knowledgable, then he would have told everyone to run the V2 dynasty or XXX brushes. If it only comes down to car/driver, then why wouldn't you tell people the best setup to get a motor that is low maintance and high power? Your not being direct, your just rude.

touringmaster- just about every combo listed will give you sufficient power. If your in the position I think your in, then your car is getting constantly passed in the straight b/c your motor isn't fast enough. For super high maintance but insane speed, use jdm19turn's setup. For low wear and high power, use my C2 setup. Peace
hey dude just my 2 cents if you dont get it im sorry , v2 sucks its a club race motor any way the xxx brushes are fine if you run out in the heat,,.. i ran the xxx brushes at the RROC only when the sun came out , mostly on sunday...if your so factory what is the last race you made the main ....were you at the RROC you didnt make the main you would of seen me though
Old 06-08-2005, 07:02 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickrim
hey dude just my 2 cents if you dont get it im sorry , v2 sucks its a club race motor any way the xxx brushes are fine if you run out in the heat,,.. i ran the xxx brushes at the RROC only when the sun came out , mostly on sunday...if your so factory what is the last race you made the main ....were you at the RROC you didnt make the main you would of seen me though
Did I say I was "factory"?

Let's not make this a pissing match.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:05 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Did I say I was "factory"?

Let's not make this a pissing match.
well than , look i know what works so do you , i just tell it like it is OK
Old 06-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #39
Tech Regular

I just came here to see what people were trying out with 19T motors. Thought I could gain some nice insight into a fun class. Since the armatures are machine wound, and the timing is locked I wanted to see what others were trying. I thought I might gain some knowledge on any performance gains in different comm diameters, springs, and brushes. I know there would be tuning differences in what type of racing conditions exist ex. asphalt-carpet, high speed-technical. This is why I came here. I would love to share what I have tried, but I don't want to get blasted.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yo Lickrim, have you run one of those UL outlaw 19's from curtis ??

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack2
yo Lickrim, have you run one of those UL outlaw 19's from curtis ??
I Ran that 6 months ago when i worked for orion they work very good they have tons of ripp but heat up quickly than they fall off....i havent run curtis stuff yet , im the one that got these made in the first place, the orion camp no longer makes these for there TOP drivers anymore...they dont need it...but for 19 cheating is what you get with these arms...they ripp though
Old 06-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Lickrim and Pro4capece any thoughts on Team Checkpoint motors?
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:55 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Quote:
Lickrim and Pro4capece any thoughts on Team Checkpoint motors?

cant touch them until they go OEM....the mods are the shit V2 eater very good tare down.....
Old 06-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #44
Tech Addict

Br00d has some good stuff too. Their monster stocks are ballistic (well ballistic for stock anyway...) and the C2 can't be beat on a big track. Personally for a small track (SoCal or on carpet) I liked the Orion Element (green label) with XXX brushes and the stock Orion silver springs that came with the motor. I ran this combo every weekend for almost 4 months and it ripped till the very end.

PS - Lickrim knows his shietz!
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #45
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Br00d has some good stuff too. Their monster stocks are ballistic (well ballistic for stock anyway...) and the C2 can't be beat on a big track. Personally for a small track (SoCal or on carpet) I liked the Orion Element (green label) with XXX brushes and the stock Orion silver springs that came with the motor. I ran this combo every weekend for almost 4 months and it ripped till the very end.

PS - Lickrim knows his shietz!
yo bigg rigg when are you and gater getting your corallys homie? i talked to gater hes in are you in?