R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
How can you be so sure? Team Tamiya is in europe testing and testing.
Ok? You posted a picture of Marc's two cars. Look like identical Raceberry chassis' to me.

So, when was that picture taken? Pretty recent though since those are MuchMore ESC's and motors. Do you know where that picture was taken? Do you have any information on those two cars other than what is already visible?

I have no doubt Team Tamiya is in Europe testing and testing. Thing is, testing doesn't really mean anything to the consumer. Could mean they're running parts we'll never see, or running a setup they'll never really tell us completely about.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tamiya drivers are obviously now settled with the raceberry conversion. Can we stop saying they are testing it. They are using it because it works better than the standard KIT in Carpet and Asphalt. They are using it to stay competitive.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Tamiya drivers are obviously now settled with the raceberry conversion. Can we stop saying they are testing it. They are using it because it works better than the standard KIT in Carpet and Asphalt. They are using it to stay competitive.
I never stated that they were testing it. That much has been obvious this whole ETS season.

I wasn't aware they used it on carpet though. From what I've been told from many sources is that the standard 417V5 chassis was better on carpet.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned though is which RB chassis they have been using.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
I never stated that they were testing it. That much has been obvious this whole ETS season.

I wasn't aware they used it on carpet though. From what I've been told from many sources is that the standard 417V5 chassis was better on carpet.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned though is which RB chassis they have been using.
They allready got a Tamiya "conversion". I cannot guarante you that they are using it or not at the ETS, because i'm not there. That picture was taken in 11st July at the Euros Track private testing.

With this being said, doesn´t mean that RB conversion is still the best conversion on the market, because it is at the moment..
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #35
Tech Lord

someone make a live webcast happen!

they have it for paintball events... why not RC racing events? esp. large races like IFMAR Worlds, ETS..Vegas IIC, TITC.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #36
Tech Regular

I'm slightly shocked at how hard Autocratic went off at scoyle for voicing an opinion, wow.

FWIW I totally agree with scoyle, really surprised that Tamiya are letting their factory drivers race such non factory cars.
Everybody knows that Marc could put a shoebox in a worlds A, looks quite bad on Tamiya that he's not confident to run a kit 417v5 IMHO.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #37
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'd prefer the teams use these big events to test changes for the next car. There's always something better right around the corner. If people can't accept that, they might be in the wrong hobby.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonetog View Post
I'm slightly shocked at how hard Autocratic went off at scoyle for voicing an opinion, wow.

FWIW I totally agree with scoyle, really surprised that Tamiya are letting their factory drivers race such non factory cars.
Everybody knows that Marc could put a shoebox in a worlds A, looks quite bad on Tamiya that he's not confident to run a kit 417v5 IMHO.
I wasn't going "off" on him, and I don't think I was that hard. That is my opinion I suppose, however. I was simply attempting to stop him from spreading false statements, in general, from needing to have "this" and "that" in order to be competitive. I've seen people drive $150 Spec-R sedans faster than anyone, so it's not all about having the right car.

Remember, the car is only doing what the driver tells it to. If you don't know how to drive fast, it won't matter what you're running.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I'd prefer the teams use these big events to test changes for the next car. There's always something better right around the corner. If people can't accept that, they might be in the wrong hobby.
I agree with you, but testing new prototype parts is different than always using some other company's conversion kit. I find it surprising that Tamiya allow Marc to do it. It does make the standard 417v5 look like it's less than a top competitor, even if that is not truly the case.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #40
Tech Lord

The Raceberry pics did mysteriously disappear from RedRC a while back.

I imagine Tamiya would rather win ETS with Raceberry than lose without. You still have to buy a full 417 kit to do the conversion. And it's still the best on asphalt.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #41
Tech Master

Quote:
The Raceberry pics did mysteriously disappear from RedRC a while back.

I imagine Tamiya would rather win ETS with Raceberry than lose without. You still have to buy a full 417 kit to do the conversion. And it's still the best on asphalt.
Tamiya told them to take them down.

Not sure if the older races still have the pictures up, but I think you can still find them cached if you search Google.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Hudy track looks amazing!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #43
Tech Lord

https://www.facebook.com/HudyArena

Lots of good pictures there.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Any lap times or information anywhere? Hardman's Facebook is about all I've found.

Also, looks like XRay might be doing something like the Raceberry (Yokomo).

From the T4 thread (I assume you're looking at the motor mount), white belts are the new Xray 'low friction';

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Thats the option split motor mount that we have tested since the T4 came out. Its just split evenly for both sides of the car for more flex. No one has ever decided if its better or not.

EA
There won't be much info yet as they're only practising etc.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #45
Tech Master

I thought they would b testing parts for the t4 2014. Guess not
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote