R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Thumbs up Corner speed

If you like corner speed and can spend the money go for the 417v5 plus the
Raceberry conversion! better center of gravity and more flex because the top deck is not fastened to the motor mount.
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Definitely agree but don't feel like you have to buy the raceberry. Like Johnny said if you have the money go for it. If not don't sweat it.
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
Richard justin has a 417 but if Im going to buy a new car it will probally be a v5 . I willput a gear diff in front with ear plug puddy Justin is going to setup the car. Btw we do race outdoors on asphalt. This week i will try bothcars T4 and a417 on the clocks and see which i turn the faster times with then I will decide what to do. So far im leaning 417v5. Richard you get your v5 put together and i will drive it and see how that feels. I hope you get justins setup it was setup by one of the Tamiya drivers at the Reedy Race last month.
Should be ready for the race this weekend Brian. Just need to button up a few things. I'm pretty excited to see how it compares to the TC6.1.
dizope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I'm positive there's nothing you can do setup wise to make a T4 feel like a 417. And vice versa. The cars are at two different ends of the spectrum handling wise. The 417 is deadly outside in the right hands, especially with the Raceberry stuff. On the rug, T4, no question.
syndrome-- im shocked u didnt have a new suggestion
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #20
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
syndrome-- im shocked u didnt have a new suggestion
hanulec brings up a good point. At Reedy race, there was a certain shaft driven car that dominated 17.5 without setup help from pro drivers. And without conversion kits or anything else.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msyndr0me View Post
hanulec brings up a good point. At Reedy race, there was a certain shaft driven car that dominated 17.5 without setup help from pro drivers. And without conversion kits or anything else.
Syndrome talkbto me about Awesomatic racecars. No one i know has one. Are they durable easy to setup and what kind of corner speed do they have? Im all ears and open to new idea's.

http://localrcracing.freeforums.org/
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Syndrome talkbto me about Awesomatic racecars. No one i know has one. Are they durable easy to setup and what kind of corner speed do they have? Im all ears and open to new idea's.
I just drove one this past Saturday after a race in SoCal and the corner speed is ridiculous. It must be the low center of gravity, because the car had exceptional lateral grip and was a monster in the corners.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

I've heard the Awesomatix cars are incredibly durable, almost Xray-like in their quality control.

They look very complicated to set up though. Oh well! That's part of the fun!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
I just drove one this past Saturday after a race in SoCal and the corner speed is ridiculous. It must be the low center of gravity, because the car had exceptional lateral grip and was a monster in the corners.
Syndrome i read what you wrote in the Awesomematix thread and i see you were really impressed.i also went to the Ausomatix website they have 3 models none of them in stock. What kind of support do they have? Which car did you drive etc. Etc. My concerns i mention ausomematix to friend last week and he sort of poopooed the car?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #25
Tech Master

I thought Tamiyas were pricey

Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
I've heard the Awesomatix cars are incredibly durable, almost Xray-like in their quality control.

They look very complicated to set up though. Oh well! That's part of the fun!
Not complicated, just different.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
I've seen a lot of Awesomatix DNFs. They are incredibly cool cars and the materials and tolerances are certainly excellent, but from all the ones I've seen racing, they definitely finish less races than XRAYs. It's not usually something completely breaking, but more often things popping apart, like the DCJs. I've raced with a few guys that own(ed) Awesomatix cars. They really are awesome cars, but I guarantee you'll finish more races with an XRAY.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
Syndrome i read what you wrote in the Awesomematix thread and i see you were really impressed.i also went to the Ausomatix website they have 3 models none of them in stock. What kind of support do they have? Which car did you drive etc. Etc. My concerns i mention ausomematix to friend last week and he sort of poopooed the car?
all kits are in stock at Awesomatix USA -- including our special A700L USA SPEC!

http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/awesomatix/car-kits.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
I've seen a lot of Awesomatix DNFs. They are incredibly cool cars and the materials and tolerances are certainly excellent, but from all the ones I've seen racing, they definitely finish less races than XRAYs. It's not usually something completely breaking, but more often things popping apart, like the DCJs. I've raced with a few guys that own(ed) Awesomatix cars. They really are awesome cars, but I guarantee you'll finish more races with an XRAY.
cars are cars. racers usually determine the finish. it is true you can smash your XRay into more boards --- and folks have been doing that recently after losing to Awesomatix cars
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
cars are cars. racers usually determine the finish. it is true you can smash your XRay into more boards --- and folks have been doing that recently after losing to Awesomatix cars
LOL. I know a couple guys, aside from you Mike, who had or still have Awesomatix cars. Both very good drivers. Both had an absolute nightmare of a time with DNFs.

I really do think it's a great car, but it certainly doesn't take the hits that my cars can and keep going like nothing happened.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #30
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

XRay is the only car that isn't fragile. The 417 caster blocks are like dry crackers. Yokomo's are even worse. AE's bend bulkheads. VBC's actually break in the box during shipping.

If you plan on hitting a lot of stuff, you should get an XRay.

If you're a skilled driver that knows how to hit things with your bumper, then you can make any car work well. Each will have its durability quirks. Figure those out, address them and start winning.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote