R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #61
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
Does anybody actually know the mysterious "Chemical" that is missing from the new tires? Considering the 1000s of Environmentally unfriendly chemicals that are produced in China and India today, it shouldn't be too hard to get someone to make it again.
My Taiwanese source says it is called "Ur-238"

Primarly for goverment use and highly regulated. Only produced by few 1st world countries and very hard to come by.

If you find a supplier let me know, I have many wealthy clients looking for some.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #62
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
My Taiwanese source says it is called "Ur-238"

Primarly for goverment use and highly regulated. Only produced by few 1st world countries and very hard to come by.

If you find a supplier let me know, I have many wealthy clients looking for some.

Almost had you some but they are sold out.

https://unitednuclear.com/index.php?...roducts_id=211

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #63
Tech Fanatic
 
alcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: kuala lumpur,malaysia
Posts: 953
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

If I am not mistaken, Brett Sisley was a former TCS champion in 99. He was also a Kawada USA driver back then. Glad to see that he has moved up in the industry. Is he still in contact with Mr. Ted Schultz ?
__________________
http://kawada-alcyon.blogspot.com/
http://superturbooptimamidspecialzx-5.blogspot.com/
kawada sv10 alcyon 3-sanwa mx3x-orca vx v4.1 software-team powers 13.5 motor-turnigy 4200 shorty lipo-savox 1251 servo RIDE RE32
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #64
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,613
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody race asphalt with open tire where it's really hot? How bad would you like to win? I still have 4 or 5 sets of unmounted S3 compound slicks...
__________________
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #65
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Does anybody race asphalt with open tire where it's really hot? How bad would you like to win? I still have 4 or 5 sets of unmounted S3 compound slicks...
The ultimate one run tire! Actually it would wear out 3 min into a 4 min Mod Sedan run back in the day...lol!
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #66
Tech Master
 
Johnn27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,661
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Questions?? 40r's

I have some team powers 40r's I want to get rid if you are interested?
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #67
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I think this is a very valid comparison. Premounts are what they are.

The interesting thing is that in the US at most tracks racers do not run the fastest tire. They run the most consistent, cost effective tire.

Most tracks and racers settle on a combo that everyone runs. Here in FL Solaris premounts are our spec tire for the state series. Is it the fastest? No, but it is a good consistent tire and not too expensive. As a result it is the tire of choice at every outdoor track in FL. Guys want to club race with what they race in the series. They don't want one run tires.

In FL on carpet Jaco Blues are equally dominant.
Adrian, which premount Solaris do you run on Asphalt in FL?

Thanks,

Bill
uscgretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #68
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I think this is a very valid comparison. Premounts are what they are.

The interesting thing is that in the US at most tracks racers do not run the fastest tire. They run the most consistent, cost effective tire.

Most tracks and racers settle on a combo that everyone runs. Here in FL Solaris premounts are our spec tire for the state series. Is it the fastest? No, but it is a good consistent tire and not too expensive. As a result it is the tire of choice at every outdoor track in FL. Guys want to club race with what they race in the series. They don't want one run tires.

In FL on carpet Jaco Blues are equally dominant.
Very interesting, up here we are on open tires, but the Sorex 36 are lasting a very long time. I'm at 20 (6 min) runs and zero drop in lap times. Yes I and others have put new 36 on just to make sure and the lap times show that we have zero drop in lap times. One racer has 40 Plus runs on the same set and he dominates ever weekend. For us the best value is the Sorex. Compared to the Solaris - we get 2 to 3 runs then they drop off and at 5 runs, you can toss them.
__________________
Wheeling an Xray T4 and T4 14 using a Ko Propo, powered by EA motors and Speed Passion Speedo, paid for by my wife.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #69
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Which RIDE tires for Mod sedan on asphalt?
I see two types of RE32's. one has red writing PN: 26007
The other has blue writing PN: 26011

Any good place to buy them from?
__________________
XRAY T4 14 - Orca - Futaba
Serpent 811 Cobra GT-E - Tekin - Hitec
Serpent 811 BE 2.0 - Tekin - Hitec
Voltron989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #70
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron989 View Post
Which RIDE tires for Mod sedan on asphalt?
I see two types of RE32's. one has red writing PN: 26007
The other has blue writing PN: 26011

Any good place to buy them from?
If I recall, the blue writing is carpet inserts, red is for asphalt.
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #71
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

What inserts would you guys recommend for outdoor asphalt w/sugar water?
Sorex36, yokomo rims.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #72
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
What inserts would you guys recommend for outdoor asphalt w/sugar water?
Sorex36, yokomo rims.
If you can get them, red (which will not be easy...)
or Yellow

see Link

Or pre mounted with red inserts: Link
__________________
Wheeling an Xray T4 and T4 14 using a Ko Propo, powered by EA motors and Speed Passion Speedo, paid for by my wife.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #73
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
If you can get them, red (which will not be easy...)
or Yellow

see Link

Or pre mounted with red inserts: Link
So the Stiff Lightweight Schumacher red insert are actually HPIs?
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #74
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
So the Stiff Lightweight Schumacher red insert are actually HPIs?
Yes / No... If you can get your hands on the Schumacher that is the one you want to use, the HPI is not far off...
__________________
Wheeling an Xray T4 and T4 14 using a Ko Propo, powered by EA motors and Speed Passion Speedo, paid for by my wife.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #75
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Yes / No... If you can get your hands on the Schumacher that is the one you want to use, the HPI is not far off...
hmm, I have a couple sets of the premounts with the red inserts. Maybe I can reuse them. I used to think it was better with more air gap, but maybe things have changed now with the lighter weight regulations?
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net