R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMO
I guess its the helios then, i have a KO MARS right now, i love the feel its just feels right , its just i want get the new radio and i wondered which one was better value and i know now

All opinions greatly appreciated,

Geez i love this forum it helps with everything u need
even better, u just need the TX
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:04 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to hurley081182 Send a message via Yahoo to hurley081182
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStruck
My vote....Futaba.. If Futaba is good enough for multi-million dollar race teams(IRL and F1), shouldn't it be good enough for you?(When was the last time you saw a KO PROPO sticker on a real race car?)
i dont think the guy is goin to be running in IRL or F1 with his radio anytime soon .

o yeah i would go with helios
Old 06-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStruck
Hope KO's service has gotten better. I still have an old EX-1(or parts of it) after I through it repetitively at a brick wall because KO tried to fix it 3 times, all to no avail, and it ended up ruining a then new Mugen MBX-4..

Since then I really shy away from KO, mainly because they don't really seem to have the presence here in the States, and I could care less what they use in Japan, because I'm not in Japan, and if something goes wrong in Japan, the plant is most likely 5 miles away, versus 5000....

My vote....Futaba.. If Futaba is good enough for multi-million dollar race teams(IRL and F1), shouldn't it be good enough for you?(When was the last time you saw a KO PROPO sticker on a real race car?)
Oddly, when I had a FUTABA their customer service was HORRENDOUS, it was a three week turnaround just to have my radio tuned, and when it got back, it glitched worse than it did when I sent it off. This was over 12 years ago though. The only thing I can figure is that they were so backed up designing telemetry software for real race cars that they didn't have time for properly servicing an R/C radio I don't race real cars, I race r/c cars.

Of course, the reason that my only experience with Futaba's customer service department is from so long ago is because I then switched to Airtronics. After a couple of months using Airtronics equipment, I realized I'd have been better off with my old "uber-glitchy" Futaba, because it was more reliable than the Caliber 3P i replaced it with.

Next move, the original EX-10. I unfortunately couldn't give you much personal insight as to KO's Customer Service, because in 12 years and three generations of transmitters, I've never needed to utilize their services. I have however, seen Robert Morris at National events, fixing KO stuff as well as stuff from other manufacturers, and he does maintain a pretty high profile here on R/C Tech as well.

I'm also relatively certain KO also has more World titles than any other Radio manufacturer.

Bottom line is this, KO is King!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:55 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LightningStruck

My experiences with KO might not reflect all peoples, but over the 14 years of racing I've only had a single radio that wasn't a Futaba, and it was the only one I had any issues with..

Somethings about the vehicle transitioning from partial braking to wide open when you pressed the trigger all the way forward, with a hand ported .21 doesn't sit well with me.. Three times the radio went back, three times it came back with the same issue. This was 11 years ago, however..
Special thanks to: Nemo Racing, Reds Racing, LeadFinger Racing
LightningStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #35
Tech Master

Here's my opinion: I don't think either radios are better than the other it's really on preference. Sure the 3pk might have one thing better than the helios and the helios will have one thing better than the 3pk. But what makes it "better" is just a point of view. Like wieght, some people prefer the 3pk becuase the weight gives them balance and stabilty to their hands due to the some heaviness, the helios is light so you will be able to do some more wrist movement or whatever you want. Just choose what feels right and pick one, both radios are great it's been proven already. So whatever you choose you can't lose...unless you got a defected one. hope this helps
axel is offline   Reply With Quote