R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Im New (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/74083-im-new.html)

racer030 06-02-2005 03:03 PM

Im New

Hey guys im gettin into sedan cars ive raced off road but i plan on getting a tc4. ne suggestions?

thanks

edseb 06-02-2005 03:08 PM

Good choice, you can't go wrong with that car. There are a lot of good cars on the market right now, but for price, performance, and parts avaialbility, you'll be very happy. If you plan on racing, go stock, if medium to large track go with Monster Stock Pro. Take care of your batteries and tires, and have fun.

racer030 06-03-2005 10:08 PM

Yea im saving up i keep my batteries in good condition. Is the TC4 a good car out of the box, or do you have to buy alot of upgrades for it?

Mr. Shookie 06-03-2005 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by racer030
Yea im saving up i keep my batteries in good condition. Is the TC4 a good car out of the box, or do you have to buy alot of upgrades for it?

You will want to get more practice and getting use to how to setup your car...
Less worring about hop ups....
make sure your bearings are clean and lubed
Make sure all you screws are tight, get about 10hours of practice just learning how to drive TC, it can be tricky....
I suggest the XXX Main chassis setup guild....really helps put everything together.
after you are confident in your skills then get the extra light, extra fast stuff.
Just a hint...Aluminum is heavy....at least in TC...It all depends on where it is and how much it is...
The TC4 will be a good car for long time....
When everything is good and right with your skill there is a Factory Team upgrade that will give you all the right hopups....
Stay away from Ebay...you will see something so cool for your car but it is useless.
Take a look at Barry bakers car....It has all the right gear....
hope all this helps and makes cents...LOL
Stephen <><

tc4kid191 06-04-2005 05:38 AM

You dont need hop-ups

gaz8 06-04-2005 05:55 AM

well i think mr shookie got it right there !!!
the tc4 is a great choice
its a fast affordable car
the xxx main chassis setup book is a must have
and in all honesty the only thing i would by is some hardened hinge pins as the ones that come with the kit are rather soft !! and bend very easily
in the event of a crash
just get hardened hinge pins and some spare front wishbones and front and rear hubs
so you have them in case of breakage while at the track
you will not regret choosing the tc4!!
some times when you copy team drivers setups it can make the car harder to drive while your learning
so set it up so it works for your driving style
practice makes perfect
i need the practice hehe

cheers gaz

hurley081182 06-04-2005 12:34 PM

Hey guys im gettin into sedan cars ive raced off road but i plan on getting a tc4. ne suggestions?

thanks

i might go with a tc3 somewhere. i know when i first started to drive my xxxs loved the walls for some reason or another :lol:. you can get some cheap tc3 right now and when you get better get a tc4. thats just what i would do until i got good and i could save money for another car :sweat:

racer030 06-05-2005 09:01 PM

Well i was thinking of a tc3 but i didnt now about parts avaliblity orm ne thing like that. But i think im gonna go with a tc4 just because its new. Thanks alot. Yea im gonna need alot of practice and setup time. also what motor would you guys run. IM planning on running stock. I was thinking an Orion Core.

Mr. Shookie 06-05-2005 09:23 PM

Well i was thinking of a tc3 but i didnt now about parts avaliblity orm ne thing like that. But i think im gonna go with a tc4 just because its new. Thanks alot. Yea im gonna need alot of practice and setup time. also what motor would you guys run. IM planning on running stock. I was thinking an Orion Core.

The Epic Revenge of the Monster hands down best motor....
www.eamotorsports.com has them tuned perfect and if you can afford the XXX brushes already installed go for it. Those XXX brishes will give you 15-20 runs before the brushes wear out. The comm only needs a cut only after 7-8 runs.
EA tunes the best motors in my opinion....
Stephen <><

racer030 06-06-2005 08:36 AM

Ok now can you guys give me any building tips. Or if you had some problem while building so i now ahead of time.

Thanks for all the info.

Mr. Shookie 06-06-2005 08:58 AM

Ok now can you guys give me any building tips. Or if you had some problem while building so i now ahead of time.

Thanks for all the info.

1)Take your time.
2)Build it on top of a white bath towel that can be ruined.
3)Do not over tighten screws, the plastic parts hold screws very well without the super tightening.
4)Spray out the kit bearings and relube with a thin bearing oil Trinity makes a real good product called royal oil.
5) Cut and sand all the edges that have the little extra that comes off the molded parts tree.
That should at least get you built and started.
All other things I think you know already.
Stephen <><

racer030 06-07-2005 12:13 PM

Thanks alot ill get bac to you when i get my kit